Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Application: TSAdmin

I tried to keep this thing short and sweet, so I hope it doesn't appear as a wall of text you'd rather avoid reading I, myself, have been known to open a post that is just a wall of text, and instantly closed the window.

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?
TSAdmin, currently the Manager of Era. I'm not sure of every place I'm known, but for as long as I've been here, I've seen people come and go from server to server as they find new interests in Graal, and when I go to see them, I tend to make a name for myself there, also.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.
Classic Servers:
Era - just about all jobs up until Manager. (current)
Zodiac - Scripter/LAT, then handled ban issues for them when I got Manager of Era and couldn't devote myself to them any longer.
Hosted Servers:
None under my belt.
UC Servers:
Countless "dev accountName" servers, one I remember being renamed to Xion or Zion ... something (not sure if it got deleted), and got hired on Arca by Tom, however, then I got manager of Era and couldn't put my time in there, either.
3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?
My knack for resolving and advising staff/customers of graal in difficult situations, in a swift and efficient manner, even if they tend to trail off a little into areas I've not been fully briefed on.
HoudiniMan, you've seen this one first hand if I remember certain situations correctly xD :P

Most of all, I'm pretty good at making a quick, accurate and unbiased analysis of a situation having just walked into it without any information, and providing a helpful way of aiding people past it.

Finally - I am also in an Australian Time Zone (GMT+10 - Queensland), providing my hours of availability to become increasingly helpful for fielding the sometimes sadly shafted playerworld issues because those with the problem at hand are, themselves, otherwise unavailable.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What amount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?
Year 12 Graduate, un-employed (hopefully not for much longer). I've recently found something that offers a couple of days per week, which is all I really need, as I own my own car and only require payment on insurance policies, thus I can offer just about any amount of my free time.

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?
Graal's Playerworld policies have developed acceptably over the years as new and - at times - troublesome issues have come and gone, and don't require a huge strain of attention drawn to them, other than (not trying to take from other applications) what Twinny said - Making them more accessible to those who probably don't even TRY looking for them, because in my experience, they end up asking just about any random person "Is this allowed?" "Can we do this legally?" and so forth, in turn probably asking the wrong person and end up being punished while dragging Graal's name through the mud for unfairly treating them in the matter.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.
In all honesty, just think about most problems any Manager/Server Administrator would face. Chances are, I've faced them, and overcome them in somewhat my own way, as described above.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
TSAdmin has definitely proven himself worthy over time.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:18 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I think TSA would be a great PWA, but I think that he should stay on Era, he does way too much work to just quit Era -- and even if he did not quit, he would have to cut back on work.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
I think TSA would be a great PWA, but I think that he should stay on Era, he does way too much work to just quit Era -- and even if he did not quit, he would have to cut back on work.
"Arrows of truth" as Huwajux (I think?) said.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:35 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
"Arrows of truth" as Huwajux (I think?) said.
No failure. Unknownmastermind said that.
Oh and since this is an open forum why don't you post some examples of your managing abilities so that the we can decide whether or not we like you?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
No failure. Unknownmastermind said that.
Oh and since this is an open forum why don't you post some examples of your managing abilities so that the we can decide whether or not we like you?
Cheater
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I approve of TSA.

He worked on Zodiac while I managed it, and he did an excellent work. He never got into arguments with staff, nor players, and handled thing's very professionally. And he even makes lame attempts at jokes from time to time!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Finished
PaperMario is on a distinguished road
Wooo! TSA for PWA.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:36 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
TSA, how would you address the inevitable "Era vs. PWA" time constraint?

If you chose to leave Era, in what state would you leave it?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
TSA, how would you address the inevitable "Era vs. PWA" time constraint?

If you chose to leave Era, in what state would you leave it?
I don't think there will be any massive conflict between time for PWA and time for Era. Never-the-less, should it come to having difficulty juggling the two, of course I would leave it to my 2IC, should he accept it. Even if he doesn't, things have progressed since the last time you were there, Houdini, and he is no longer the sole, 'experienced enough' successor.

In the event that I left Era, I would in no way leave it without making sure it's in a state of stability and control. There is a pending reset, systems have pretty much been completely prepared for it, and new levels and a GMAP are just about done. Once all of that is out of the way, other than damage control over minor glitches that may/may not arise with new systems, new levels or whatever after the reset, and after the server is reopened to the public, the right people in the right departments are capable of looking after their jobs without absolutely requiring my child-minding skills.

I don't know the if's or when's of your need for PWA(s), but if it were any time before the above is sorted out, and I "piqued your interests", as you ask in the application, I doubt that I would completely leave Era until I am sure that it's in the state I mentioned.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
UC Servers:
Countless "dev accountName" servers, one I remember being renamed to Xion or Zion ... something (not sure if it got deleted)
Hey TSAdmin,
the name was Xion and it ran out of server time this week'

other wise great application'
-Neo
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 AM
Fashion Police
DesirableDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think TSA would make a great PWA
Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Desear
UnknownMasterMind is on a distinguished road
I would vote TSAdmin for PWA.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:01 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Since I used to be an administrator on Era, I always had to discuss things with TSA. He has never had trouble making a solid decision over a certain subject and always took professionalism seriously. I support TSA 100%
Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Tell us how you see the transition going from Era manager to PWA in detail