Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Ogodei is on a distinguished road
N-Pulse 2012 Information

Hello everyone !

With all of the questions regarding the direction of N-Pulse I'm pleased to give you guys some information. Our management has purchased a development server for iPhone development meaning yes N-Pulse will be going iPhone for sure. That server name is "Dev Ducati_Link".

Our main server will be used for PC development meaning that will plan to have a iPhone and a PC version. As of now, iPhone development is of top priority and we can use all the help we can get.

Our current staff openings are as follows:

Scripting Team
Graphics Team
Sounds & Effects Team

If you have any interest please log on our main server which is still 'N-Pulse', and contact Management or Administration. To keep close tabs with our community please register at http://www.npulse-graal.com and stay tuned !

-Ogodei, Server Admin

Last edited by Matt; 07-16-2012 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Minor edits.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:05 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Dear N-Pulse,

If you want to make it to iPhone, you actually have to make it to PC Classic status first before Stefan/unix will take you seriously.

Considering the fact that you are a "Classic-style" server, becoming an iPhone server should be as easy as slapping the iPhone movement system on your PC server and tweaking for the rest of the platform.

With that said, making good playable gameplay that works with a Keyboard/mouse should be your top priority not a platform you haven't proved yourself worthy of.

Sincerely, fp4.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Dear N-Pulse,

If you want to make it to iPhone, you actually have to make it to PC Classic status first before Stefan/unix will take you seriously.

Considering the fact that you are a "Classic-style" server, becoming an iPhone server should be as easy as slapping the iPhone movement system on your PC server and tweaking for the rest of the platform.

With that said, making good playable gameplay that works with a Keyboard/mouse should be your top priority not a platform you haven't proved yourself worthy of.

Sincerely, fp4.
Delteria.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-16-2012, 05:41 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
N-Pulse is starting to look more and more like every UC server ever created.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogodei View Post
Hello everyone !

With all of the questions regarding the direction of N-Pulse I'm pleased to give you guys some information. Our management has purchased a development server for iPhone development meaning yes N-Pulse will be going iPhone for sure. That server name is "Dev Ducati_Link".

Our main server will be used for PC development meaning that will plan to have a iPhone and a PC version. As of now, iPhone development is of top priority and we can use all the help we can get.

Our current staff openings are as follows:

Scripting Team
Graphics Team
Sounds & Effects Team

If you have any interest please log on our main server which is still 'N-Pulse', and contact Management or Administration. To keep close tabs with our community please register at http://www.npulse-graal.com and stay tuned !

-Ogodei, Server Admin
You might want to mention that they are offering to pay for developers (scripters I believe). Might draw more attention. Would link but I don't have access to there forums.

Quote:
Dear N-Pulse,

Sincerely, fp4.
Not worth arguing here, she has already made up her mind that player count is higher priority then a quality PC server, sadly. (not saying they wont be quality when they hit PC, but its more-or-less 2nd concern).

I was actually removed from staff there because she no longer trusted me for arguing that PC is more important. Which was a main suggestion since theres more developers interested in working for PC then iPhone and it is simple to just transfer it over. I believe in a previous thread she said the 2 servers would be the same with minor tweaks but later changed her words to something along the lines of PC being a "side project". So I'm not really sure there plan's they seem change often.

I think N-Pulse in the times of Questing was almost (or with minor adjustments) capable of proving worthness of iPhone. Back when Lucky Canavi and Es Canavi were playing and built an island for N-Pulse and then began development on EoA which latter merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Delteria.
Delteria was a popular PC server before it was (well not yet) an iPhone server. It used to be one of my brother's favorite servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
N-Pulse is starting to look more and more like every UC server ever created.
Not sure what you mean, other then the whole obsession of custom graphics and lack of developers, that ultimately cause most UC servers to fall apart. Ducati was a great manager but after alot of he staff left I think the project more shifted to what she wanted then everyone else. Probably because they all just left her for no reason.

http://www.npulse-graal.com/showthre...pe&p=18#post18 THEY ARE PAYING !!!

Last edited by scriptless; 07-17-2012 at 07:32 PM..
Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Delteria.
If Stefan/unix actually took them seriously they would have been given an iPhone server (See existence of Zodiac iPhone, Zone iPhone), instead they've been piggybacking off their access to iEra and working under the guise of an accepted iServer.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 07-17-2012 at 01:10 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Not sure what you mean, other then the whole obsession of custom graphics and lack of developers, that ultimately cause most UC servers to fall apart. Ducati was a great manager but after alot of he staff left I think the project more shifted to what she wanted then everyone else. Probably because they all just left her for no reason.
What I mean is that your threads look more and more like the threads of UC servers.
  • Being defensive/arguing against/ignoring community members giving advice ("we know better").
  • Server name is "Dev _______".
  • Targetting iPhone with little apparent hope of actually getting there.
  • Hiring all staff members, especially scripters!!
  • Little proofreading in threads.
  • Spending unnecessary time on things like forums/websites.
  • Insisting that the project is not dead despite the last several reincarnations failing (original, rebirth (reborn?), iPhone, ...).

This is merely an observation. There's nothing wrong with being a UC server, it's just a rut where a lot of projects fizzle out and die. In some ways I think the best thing a server can do is release, soon, and worry about the details later once your project has been established.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Insisting that the project is not dead despite the last several reincarnations failing (original, rebirth (reborn?), iPhone, ...).
I would go one further on this by saying that it's difficult to take a server seriously when it is constantly changing its mind on what direction to take. It's already hard enough for a server project to succeed when deciding on a direction and sticking with it.

I think back to wiping Classic, it was important to do as much planning as possible and go ahead with it while there was still something of a dev team remaining. Once you lose the bulk of your dev team, it's always going to be very difficult to rebuild it while retaining any sort of collective vision.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
If Stefan/unix actually took them seriously they would have been given an iPhone server (See existence of Zodiac iPhone, Zone iPhone), instead they've been piggybacking off their access to iEra and working under the guise of an accepted iServer.
idk man, i've been a frequent idler on both iPhone Era and Delteria, and the two servers are helping each other frequently. there also seems to be an established release date made.

all I can say for sure is that Novo is doing one hell of a fantastic job managing the server.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
idk man, i've been a frequent idler on both iPhone Era and Delteria, and the two servers are helping each other frequently. there also seems to be an established release date made.

all I can say for sure is that Novo is doing one hell of a fantastic job managing the server.
Amen to that.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Dear N-Pulse,

Sincerely, fp4.
i love you fowlplay4
Old 07-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Scriptless
I removed you because I didn't trust you.. because you threatened to hack me, not because you want a PC version. I then tried talking to you and tried to clear the plate and get on with it.. but you had no bar of it.

Anyway, we are making both version and teams have been put into areas they want to be working in.. and we actually have more people working on the iPhone, than the PC.. so we are looking at that one first. BUT in saying that, we basically want 2 parallel servers, though a few small difference to suit each type of game play.. so what we make for one, is just a conversion for the other.

The only way I can prove this to you is to just keep going, and get it done. Yes, people keep saying we are changing.. but really I have barely changed from when I got management. We have 2 just about complete overworlds, so it's just filling it in now.

I'm really happy with the core team that has been pushing though and getting what they can get done.. it's not the quickest progress.. but we want to make N-Pulse special again.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

i agree cowboy ur a cutie 2
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
i agree cowboy ur a cutie 2
dafuq

Old 07-17-2012, 05:26 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
Scriptless
I removed you because I didn't trust you.. because you threatened to hack me, not because you want a PC version. I then tried talking to you and tried to clear the plate and get on with it.. but you had no bar of it.
Now I can add to that list:
  • Staff drama