Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
It could be nice, but there is a problem:
There's no one to do all of that work of creating all of those bodies.

Plus, we would have to modify several things to incorporate the new races, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but graphics is the biggest issue.
Are you hiring GFX Artists? Maybe you should post an opening?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetarshadowflare View Post
Well, if we are to add races, they all need benefits and weaknesses, even to the god slaying powers, would make many fights more interesting.
Here's a short list of races and benefits i think are fair and balanced to all, plus who's to say there wont be potions to change your race?

Human- max 21 cha, no applied weakness/resistances

Elf - max 21 dex, +10-20 magic resist

Dwarf max 21 con +20 fire resist +10 cold resist -10 poison resist -10 sustenance(DWARF NEEDS FOOD)

Demon max 21 str +20 fire resist +10 magic resist -10 cold resist - 20 holy word resist

Angel max 21 wisdom +20 holy word resist +10 lightning resist -20 death resist -10 fear resist

orc max 21 str +20 poison resist -20 magic resist

Troll max 21 con +30 poison resist -30 fire resist

Gnome max 21 int +20 magic resist -20 cold resist

Mindflayer max 21 pow +30 magic resist unable to use weapons(idk about this one, just needed something for pow)

Classes:
Barbarian max 21 str
Warrior max 21 con
Sorceror max 21 pow
Alchemist max 21 int
Priest max 21 wis
Theif max 21 dex

idk you you would want the races and classes to both have stat maxes, or just different applied weakness/resistance, either way it would make the game 100x more fun and more diverse.
Could add Fairy for Pow? I dno.
As far as classes go, there should be drawbacks to their benefits which should be more specific. For example:

Barbarian: +1max nat str, +5percent exp from physical, denied magic and prayer, +5percent damage bonus.
Warrior: +1 max nat con, +5percent exp from physical, denied magic.
Sorceror: +1max nat pow, +5percent exp from magic, denied swords and hammers, +5percent spell damage.
Alchemist: +1max nat int, +5percent exp from mental, attuned creation.
Priest: +1max nat wis, +5percent exp from wisdom, +5percent prayer damage/effect, denied melee, grace regeneration w/o prayer, bonus grace regen w/prayer.
Theif: +1max nat dex, +5speed, attuned: daggers, denied hammers, stealth, denied prayer, +5luck, +5percent agilty exp.

Just some thoughts, but i'd definately like to see classes have a more permanent effect on players. Some seem harsh, i show at first glance Alchemist and Thief appear to be the weakest, but if luck were alot more related to item drop %, thief would be the best for earning money, and alchemists would be the best choice for item crafting, even cooking, and also isn't denied anything. As you can see Warrior and Barbs can't use magic, so no magic exp and harder to level mental, relying on scrolls alot more. And the priest would be rewarded greatly for the no melee thing by having grace act like sp and regen w/o prayer, also can use magic.

Together with the races you showed AND gods, it'd make for interesting combinations of classes, races and gods. Eventually people pay find out what is best for what, but there'll always be a suprise element when other players work out their weaknesses.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
classes
I have an alternative idea for classes and leveling, that meshes together with the race idea.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:08 PM
saetarshadowflare is on a distinguished road
Leon i like your idea, but if that were the case people would no doubt want to repick classes, since many people are priests but use melee (john, sky ect) but i like them overall, i just dont think that barbarians should be denied both magic and prayer...thats half the game...unless they were greatly compensated in terms of melee (chance to crit?)

God revamp would be nice too, just to change things up along with the classes, basically introducing a whole new gameplay style to gk which would take a lot more skill and demand much more thinking in pvp/spars

I like pojos levelling chart as well, it would definitely change the game...but its a bit too late for that now..
Old 06-04-2009, 06:08 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I like pojos levelling chart as well, it would definitely change the game...but its a bit too late for that now..
The idea for the leveling system would be to add it alternatively. Give people the option of having their experience points reset and re-level using the new system, not forcing everyone into resetting or just starting new people with it.

It even makes more sense for the RP aspect. You can't go and change your race, you're born with that, but your career (class) is up to you, as you level.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I have an alternative idea for classes and leveling, that meshes together with the race idea.
I like that idea, but i also dislike it. Alot of the oddjobs and subskills that you propose and might be implimented if it were to happen are so trivial and i don't think they should affect your potential to reach the maximum level. My problem with that levelling system is it's too different from what i like.

Quote:
Leon i like your idea, but if that were the case people would no doubt want to repick classes, since many people are priests but use melee (john, sky ect) but i like them overall, i just dont think that barbarians should be denied both magic and prayer...thats half the game...unless they were greatly compensated in terms of melee (chance to crit?)

God revamp would be nice too, just to change things up along with the classes, basically introducing a whole new gameplay style to gk which would take a lot more skill and demand much more thinking in pvp/spars
I understand that people would want to repick classes. There would be no problem in giving everyone that option, no reset would even be needed since classes don't mean anything except starting base stats - which i expect wouldn't change aswell. The reason why i suggested barbarians to be denied both is they're pure physical dominance, perhaps 15percent physical damage bonus would make that more evident, thinking about it, 5percent is nothing considering they have no magic and prayer. But barbarians to me, seem like a class out of touch with magic/prayer entirely and would seem the type to rely purely on their physical strength and other feats.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Duergar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
The reason why i suggested barbarians to be denied both is they're pure physical dominance, perhaps 15percent physical damage bonus would make that more evident, thinking about it, 5percent is nothing considering they have no magic and prayer. But barbarians to me, seem like a class out of touch with magic/prayer entirely and would seem the type to rely purely on their physical strength and other feats.
yeah but the whole magic and physical system would need a revamp to be more balanced. That is why magic is not allowed in spars now.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
yeah but the whole magic and physical system would need a revamp to be more balanced. That is why magic is not allowed in spars now.
Well ofcourse but i feel the magic problem pretty much lies in spars. Bmode, magic seems pretty balanced, yea, it's damaging to RoW users but that is the risk you take when you put them on and there are ways to counter magic anyway. In spars, it's evident certain spells do too much damage, and rods shouldn't be spar legal, they're too buggy and unfair for spars imo.

In phys, all that needs to change imo is poison. We can all agree it's far too powerful. It alone decides who lives and dies. You can lose -10dex, str and con, aswell as take damage with knockback every 10 seconds and to top it off, reduced regen. What a combination that spells out L-A-M-E. Poison needs to only do damage (that varies on phys level of poisoner and resists of poisoned person) over time w/o knockback and halt/reduce regen (depending on phys level of poisoner and resists of poisoned person).
Old 06-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Duergar
That is a great idea. So you are saying that Sparring and Bmode are different when fighting? I never knew this. Is there a reason why, or what is up with that?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
That is a great idea. So you are saying that Sparring and Bmode are different when fighting? I never knew this. Is there a reason why, or what is up with that?
Yes. I have no idea why it happened, but someone saw the need to make sparring fairer than it was in the past (which was just a controlled bmode environment), however coupled with a new magic system that when introduced was far from complete. Magic had to be nerfed alot, it's probably 1/20 as strong as it was when it came out. Anyway, spars avoid AC/WC/Elemental rules, so only damage is really accounted for, not even resists.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:20 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Yeah - very pro.
Based off Oblivion, if that makes it easier for anyone to understand. Very good idea.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Dionne Førever
DeathOfRa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
More damage from lightning, less accuracy with bows (fins!), maybe a slight nerf to their top speed with speed items. There's tons of tweaks that could be made for each race.
Fishes are dexterous. Maybe an extra dex boost when it rains? (Putting weather to use won't hurt...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
The voices in my head like to bicker with each other.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post
Fishes are dexterous. Maybe an extra dex boost when it rains? (Putting weather to use won't hurt...)
Could also have them gain a good speed boost while swimming and start with a diving skill. Could open up whole new dungeon/rp posibilites with the introduction of underwater life/levels.