Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I always believed intelligence was inversely proportional to religious influence.

It seems I stand corrected: People with alternative views can be idiots too.
am i an idiot
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
During my study time, actually a break I'm taking like lots of people did before, too, I was still able to be reached. Lots of people sent me forum pms or emails and all of them got an answer on the same but at last on the secound day.
Quit your Gk position if you're not willing to allot time to it. You have a job to do which you took knowing it might get in the way. If something gets in your way that's more important, quit the less important job rather than making all of us suffer.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:56 AM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Quit your Gk position if you're not willing to allot time to it.
Where is the problem, lots of players and also staffs took a break for whatever reasons. So now I do it and taking a break becomes a symbol of ignorance and unwilling to do something. Great idea.
I'm not the only one who can develop things. There is a long list of developers who have access to the debugserver and rights to do something on there. It's not that I'm the only one who should develop something but you make it sound that way.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 03-26-2008, 01:00 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
It's different for you because you're an admin who decides to get busy when some thing's coming up. Why must you be so difficult about it, it's clear you don't like your job or care about Gk. If you really want to help but don't want to quit, appoint an admin under you who's willing to work when you can't.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I don't think that anyone has a problem with you taking a timeout, yet people have a problem with that no replacement was installed for the period of time where you would be unavilliable.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
1) Have we forgotten about the other dev staff?
2) Have we forgotten that we can forum pm Bjorn. Heck I do that everyday for the past few days and I have an answer by the next day so he is reachable.
3) People keep on forgetting about Stefan. With bjorn studying why not contact Stefan?
4) Tig is able to do projects so if you have ideas contact him and he can either forum pm Bjorn or Stefan.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:04 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
GK Administration
Team manager
dNeonb:Björn

If his job title was GK Developer, I doubt people would be so fuming over the lack of his appearance. However, a team manager sounds like a team leader for any workforce. Thus he should have already planned ahead for this, and it is his responsibility to assign and ensure new projects are completed.

I'm also wondering what this "lots of players and also staffs took a break for whatever reasons" is all about, coming from the team manager of GK. Do we not keep track of who is doing what? Who is working on what project, and who even plays the game anymore?

What have I seen so far? Bjorn is probably a decent developer in terms of knowladge, but hes not management material. He wasn't an player when he was given that job to begin with.

I mean no offense by him not being management material, it is a rare ability to be able to break down big objectives into individual tasks and assign them to people based on their individual talents. It is also difficult to ensure that these projects are completed, and to keep workers motivated.

But who was Bjorn? Some dude from Samurai, that had a house on the northern area of the island. I did not know him, he was not a frequent player. All of a sudden he becomes the top dog of GK, and we had 3 years of nothing.

I don't want to bash Bjorn, I barely know him. I just know that my favorite game has been suffering for 4 years, and until the easter event the server was DEAD. And if we need to move on from our old administration and find new faces and new ideas to revive GK, what is wrong with that?

I don't know about you, but I still remember how fun the game was back when I played, and I still see how it can be fun again. But it has to come from the active people, who still have GK's best interest in mind.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Closed. If the management thinks there must be new or other staff or managers or what ever get hired they will do it.
If Stefan want to say anything about it he still can do it, also Björn. But this is going to become a bashing thread to the current staff and that's not what I can accept.
Closed Thread