Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
rewards for sparring

it has come to my attention (now) that there r 70ppl online and no1 wants to spar..it's 10mins im massing and toall:ing...it's not just a today thing it's basically that all new players (who've started playing in the last 2-3 years) never spar. this is prolly y the new players never end up being any good..sparring gets ur basics right and after a while u spar it becomes rly easy..i'm way better at raiding than i am at sparring but the fact ive done 8.8k spars in small and 9k spars in ranked, plus all the spars before the reset helps me be the best raider, even if at sparring im only 1 of the many good sparrers

why do ppl not spar anymore?
imo it's cuz sparring gives no rewards..ranked spar and small spar stats are useless, you don't even get money from kills in the spar complex and if ur sparring the same person multiple times or the same 2-3ppl, only the 1st time u kill them will count towards ur hp levels
this is y i think sparring should be rewarded in some way, like a spar shop to spend points on?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
it has come to my attention (now) that there r 70ppl online and no1 wants to spar..it's 10mins im massing and toall:ing...it's not just a today thing it's basically that all new players (who've started playing in the last 2-3 years) never spar. this is prolly y the new players never end up being any good..sparring gets ur basics right and after a while u spar it becomes rly easy..i'm way better at raiding than i am at sparring but the fact ive done 8.8k spars in small and 9k spars in ranked, plus all the spars before the reset helps me be the best raider, even if at sparring im only 1 of the many good sparrers

why do ppl not spar anymore?
imo it's cuz sparring gives no rewards..ranked spar and small spar stats are useless, you don't even get money from kills in the spar complex and if ur sparring the same person multiple times or the same 2-3ppl, only the 1st time u kill them will count towards ur hp levels
this is y i think sparring should be rewarded in some way, like a spar shop to spend points on?
Can't understand because of all the abbreviations.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Luckily spar/events don't give deaths, i have had 1333 deaths for the past 2 weeks, still waiting for 1337 teehee
Old 11-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Can't understand because of all the abbreviations.
oh im sorry bro..what mental disorder are you affected by?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Era Iphone PlayerRelation
DDynasty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
plus all the spars before the reset helps me be the best raider, even if at sparring im only 1 of the many good sparrers
Haha sike.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
I like the concept of adding spar rewards, but PLEASE GOD don't try to add ANOTHER type of point shop..

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Era since 2005
oh i forgot to say u also have to pay for revives to spar...for me it isnt a problem but for many it is to spend 10$ every time they die+ammo
Old 11-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
oh i forgot to say u also have to pay for revives to spar...for me it isnt a problem but for many it is to spend 10$ every time they die+ammo
You don't need the revives to spar.

Also how would you stop people from boosting? Have spar mods like on UN?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:28 AM
Era since 2005
u do or u have to go to hosp every time
Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
That doesn't mean you "need" them, that just means they help with convenience.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:24 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
lol point shops, they're so dumb if not used correctly.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:51 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
rewards have been the death of Era
Old 11-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
oh im sorry bro..what mental disorder are you affected by?
Having difficulty reading poorly written posts with non-existent grammar and few actual words?
Mental Disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
rewards have been the death of Era
Give a dog a bone, and he will follow you begging for the rest of time.
I remember when you rarely got rewards for anything.. there was few events hosted and gangs didn't even have points.

Now people want compensation for everything; Pay me to kill people, Points/Rewards for me to raid, Pay me to spar, Give me rewards for helping my gang, etc. Pretty soon you'll have to give them mp5s just to login. (Already sorta happened yakno that whole dealio.)
Old 11-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Era since 2005
how do u guys not realise that era has such a low playercount since earning money is boring (i.e. mining, digging...). ppl play era to pk, and if u were to get money by pking as efficiently as other jobs way more ppl would actually raid or spar instead of idle at unstick and play chance..there would be raids all day if pking were to be the most effective way of making money
Old 11-13-2011, 08:08 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
how do u guys not realise that era has such a low playercount since earning money is boring (i.e. mining, digging...). ppl play era to pk, and if u were to get money by pking as efficiently as other jobs way more ppl would actually raid or spar instead of idle at unstick and play chance..there would be raids all day if pking were to be the most effective way of making money
The way you put it makes me wonder you even want money to be a part of the game at all.

Perhaps Era should just switch to a CoD model of gameplay and quit ****ing with the whole "economy" part of the game.