Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 08:34 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
first impression

not so good :

also step 3 in the tutorial says NPC - should say character for a new player maybe?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zstart.png
Views:	275
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	53092  
Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Valikorlia looks familiar. I can't put my finger on it, but something seems... hmm...
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
LOL oops move to zodiac plz
Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
The first/last time I logged onto Zodiac was about a year and a half ago to test and compare CPU usage, I actually logged onto what was a wall (ontop of trees), went through the tutorial GUI stuff until it said "you may proceed", was still stuck on a wall, I tried "unstick me" but got a message saying "You cannot use unstick me in this area", was this a known potential issue that was since fixed/prevented?

Still wasn't as bad as my non-experience with Era or worse than UN.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Still wasn't as bad as my non-experience with Era or worse than UN.
oo tell me more
Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
oo tell me more
I logged onto Era to receive a popup saying "Please read the rules regarding scamming <here>", except when I clicked <here> nothing happened, when I clicked X to try and close the gui nothing happened, my player was completely stuck and the same problem occurred after reconnecting.

UN was actually possible to move my character around, just I walked out of the OSL to find myself PKing with 3 hearts + level 1 sword against about 10 people that seemed to have 13 hearts and level 3 sword.
A fun challenge for myself but something I'd imagine would scare legit noobs away.

So all in all a pretty terrible experience on what are the top 3 Graal servers, I'd have probably reported the 2 main issues if not for being busy with scripting stuff for Classic.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:46 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Fixed the class description display, it was just another one of those things the change in font size affected. Also fixed the unstick me issue, it'll work when you're actually stuck now.

I do have plans to have an after-tutorial section to give some kind of direction for the player.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:29 PM
ty
Old 06-23-2011, 06:28 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
It's true that the tutorial kind of sucks. The staff do a lot of updates and improve (?) a lot of things, but I guess they don't improve the tutorial often because current players don't ask for that kind of thing.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:07 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
It's true that the tutorial kind of sucks. The staff do a lot of updates and improve (?) a lot of things, but I guess they don't improve the tutorial often because current players don't ask for that kind of thing.
The tutorial covers...

1. Console (F2)
2. Has player select Class and Birthday
3. Movement + Swimming
4. Inventory and how to equip and use items
5. Quests
6. Item Drops
7. Skills and other menus

It's the after-tutorial and having the player find direction that needs the most work. Right now a lot of is relying on players communicating with others to help them get on their way.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Twilikari is on a distinguished road
I remember when I started Zodiac. I actually got on a guest account to do the tutorial again. The knowledge is there, but it kinda goes by too fast. And yeah, there's NO direction after that. I took the quest to kill the dragon in the volcano, first thing. I got slaughtered, 4 times. I still havn't really left the first island. Just mass Mobs there, is all I've seen.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
open your map and check for small red X, all the dungeons are marked.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
not so good
try going on era?

noob: hi, can anyone help me?
oldbie: hey man follow me
noob: ok
*dies*
oldbie: haha ownt
noob: :[

This will happen repeatedly.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkldogg View Post
try going on era?

noob: hi, can anyone help me?
oldbie: hey man follow me
noob: ok
*dies*
oldbie: haha ownt
noob: :[

This will happen repeatedly.
Good times!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:54 PM
~Kondie
Bacterial is on a distinguished road
I just started Zodiac today, and, the Tutorial taught me how to do quest, if I woulda just went through not reading, I'd of never even thought of quests. (Still need to find more quests though.)
Closed Thread