Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Videos
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Video Editing isn't even hard.. Learn a few basics in Sony Vegas, find a good song that you can sync too, use a few basic transitions between clips, add some text and you're good to go!

Besides.. Graal has some quality increase work to do before it should even consider making a video about itself, oh yeah and making it look fast-paced could draw people in but greatly disappoint them.

Long story short, there's a long way to go before we can see something good.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Besides.. Graal has some quality increase work to do before it should even consider making a video about itself, oh yeah and making it look fast-paced could draw people in but greatly disappoint them.

Long story short, there's a long way to go before we can see something good.
Pretty much what I've said before, and so still so true.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:13 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
I must not use Sony Vegas correctly because whenever I try making things I just end up getting a headache at some of the features I try to use, and it seems very sloppy in the end.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
I must not use Sony Vegas correctly because whenever I try making things I just end up getting a headache at some of the features I try to use, and it seems very sloppy in the end.
I have some great past experience making montages for some video games I used to play.

I was able to make the screen shake, make it turn to a corner with a freeze-frame shot (It was kinda cool) and the tutorials are really easy to get a hang of when you actually learn the basics. It is NOT hard. The only "Hard" part about it is your creativity.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:23 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
I've taken video classes at my high school, I know how to operate Adobe Premiere pretty well. The only problem with that is actually getting the program right now. ;(

Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
I've taken video classes at my high school, I know how to operate Adobe Premiere pretty well. The only problem with that is actually getting the program right now. ;(
Ermm, I'm just going to say one word, since its against the rules to encourage...."Torrenting".

There is also a major issue with Graal's advertisement.

WE HAVE NONE. The way I found out graal was on a website that had a list of multiplayer-online games. There are many games I have played, including Runescape. (Which I dont play anymore(Example!))

I found out about Runescape on an ad. I found out about a game called Habbo hotel because it had some advertisements on IGN. Habbo was created 2005, and I joined the samer month it was created, and it has nearly 20k players.

The point is, I never seen Graal actually being advertised. It needs to get out there. The first step is to acutally make a video. We can have a contest withheld. Im also going to say one more thing. A game called Second-Life had a contest for a promo video. A person one, and im going to be totally honest here. That video actually dragged me into buying a subscription.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary_Sock View Post
Ermm, I'm just going to say one word, since its against the rules to encourage...."Torrenting".

There is also a major issue with Graal's advertisement.

WE HAVE NONE. The way I found out graal was on a website that had a list of multiplayer-online games. There are many games I have played, including Runescape. (Which I dont play anymore(Example!))

I found out about Runescape on an ad. I found out about a game called Habbo hotel because it had some advertisements on IGN. Habbo was created 2005, and I joined the samer month it was created, and it has nearly 20k players.

The point is, I never seen Graal actually being advertised. It needs to get out there. The first step is to acutally make a video. We can have a contest withheld. Im also going to say one more thing. A game called Second-Life had a contest for a promo video. A person one, and im going to be totally honest here. That video actually dragged me into buying a subscription.
Depends where you live for Habbo I guess, I still have an account from 2004.. I could prove that to you if you would like. Currently it averages 14 k players at a time depending on when. I really don't play any more, but honestly what they made that game into is a joke. Runescape, I started playing in 2001, I loved they way it looked like classic, that was when the good players played, only around 100k people played, now tons of people play. Also, now that it is more crowded they find more ways to make money, makes me sick.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Also, now that it is more crowded they find more ways to make money, makes me sick.
That's what game businesses do. They don't make the game so people can just play, they make it so people will buy a subscription (or items, whatever the game offers) and makes more things quickly for those people/new subscribers (again, items or whatever) so they constantly have new things to do. Graal lacks that aspect, resulting in people coming once and leaving. If a dedicated team was made to ensure content being put out from the Gold (GK is doing fine with quarterly updates, but they need a larger team to get near monthly) and Classic servers, I'm sure Graal could be advertised better than "Make servers, make unixmad money."

I'm not sure if I worded this whole thing right, I'm kinda lightheaded.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:23 PM
???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
That's what game businesses do. They don't make the game so people can just play, they make it so people will buy a subscription (or items, whatever the game offers) and makes more things quickly for those people/new subscribers (again, items or whatever) so they constantly have new things to do. Graal lacks that aspect, resulting in people coming once and leaving. If a dedicated team was made to ensure content being put out from the Gold (GK is doing fine with quarterly updates, but they need a larger team to get near monthly) and Classic servers, I'm sure Graal could be advertised better than "Make servers, make unixmad money."

I'm not sure if I worded this whole thing right, I'm kinda lightheaded.
Which leads to the point where Stefan should make a Advertising/Business team, or just an Advertising Director.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:13 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Which leads to the point where Stefan should make a Advertising/Business team, or just an Advertising Director.
they aren't going to advertise computer graal - they would advertise graal on the iphone because more people will buy it, and more people will notice the ad because it has something to do with the iphone

computer graal seems to be completely on it's own
Old 07-24-2009, 05:42 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Isn't that what unixmad does/is supposed to be doing?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Unix is the person who handles buisness aspects of CJ he does what he can to make sure there ventures are successful

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:30 PM
o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Unix is the person who handles buisness aspects of CJ he does what he can to make sure there ventures are successful
*cough*fail*cough*
Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 PM
???
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Isn't that what unixmad does/is supposed to be doing?
I haven't really seen anything else so far that helps Graal "Get out there", other than the iPhone games. But, I shouldn't be the one to talk either. Im pretty sure they were struggling on the whole iPhone thing, and im also pretty sure that Unixmad is working on something else at the moment, but we need real advertisment. The iPhone games are fine, but we need advertisment on the internet.

Im still suprised we do not have "Graal Online" merchandise, then again, Graal Online is made up of mostly servers, but merchandise of the top 5 servers wouldn't be so hard, including Gold servers.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 PM
o.o
Quote:
Unixmad is working on something else at the moment
That sooooooooo explains why he doesn't get on his own game's forums, or the game itself.