Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 03:22 AM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
The least respected server? Zone. Here's why.

The thread's title will probably deter some people, but that's their problem.

This will be about why I found Zone to unbearable to be my main server. Major issues and minor issues will be divided, basically the way I just stated.

Minor issues:
The severe lack of typing capability of some of it's forum users. This is different than in the game; unless you have a serious, pressing matter that you must attend to while typing, there is no reason to not type right.

The fact of having no where to go when you have a problem. Though I'll admit that sometimes things are solved without even being mentioned, most of the time there isn't anyone even on RC. That bugs me, both with glitches and hackers abound on Zone.

Major Issues:
The behavior and attitude of its players. Zone is notorious among other servers for players being asses on it. This needs to change. While the server is very Noobie-friendly, it's players are free to curse and harass others because there isn't a good swear filter, and because there is neer anyone on you can go to, as shown above.

The complete lack of knowledge of "work" among its players. You people yell at Stefan all the time, sometimes even Vulcan. But understand that Stefan has more important things to be doing than catering to you. If you don't like how long it takes, Learn to script and then do it faster than him. Most of you just have no idea how difficult it is.

Relating back to another discussed issue, I haven't gotten my reapers yet, after 5 weeks. It's not as big and should probably be under the minor issues, But what do you think I'll say when my friend wants to get a P2P? DO you think I'll coax him into getting more Gold time? Or tell him to just get a classic account because the Gold servers aren't worth it? I don't care how, but get this fixed.

I don't care if this is ignored, these forums are for making your opinion heard.
So:
IGNORE THIS.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:35 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Wow, that brings a tear to my eye.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:52 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonesomewhere
The thread's title will probably deter some people, but that's their problem.

This will be about why I found Zone to unbearable to be my main server. Major issues and minor issues will be divided, basically the way I just stated.

Minor issues:
The severe lack of typing capability of some of it's forum users. This is different than in the game; unless you have a serious, pressing matter that you must attend to while typing, there is no reason to not type right.

The fact of having no where to go when you have a problem. Though I'll admit that sometimes things are solved without even being mentioned, most of the time there isn't anyone even on RC. That bugs me, both with glitches and hackers abound on Zone.

Major Issues:
The behavior and attitude of its players. Zone is notorious among other servers for players being asses on it. This needs to change. While the server is very Noobie-friendly, it's players are free to curse and harass others because there isn't a good swear filter, and because there is neer anyone on you can go to, as shown above.

The complete lack of knowledge of "work" among its players. You people yell at Stefan all the time, sometimes even Vulcan. But understand that Stefan has more important things to be doing than catering to you. If you don't like how long it takes, Learn to script and then do it faster than him. Most of you just have no idea how difficult it is.

Relating back to another discussed issue, I haven't gotten my reapers yet, after 5 weeks. It's not as big and should probably be under the minor issues, But what do you think I'll say when my friend wants to get a P2P? DO you think I'll coax him into getting more Gold time? Or tell him to just get a classic account because the Gold servers aren't worth it? I don't care how, but get this fixed.

I don't care if this is ignored, these forums are for making your opinion heard.
So:
IGNORE THIS.
I hate to say it, but most of what you just said is true.
Minor #1. It's only a few people, but they type horribly, I stopped doing this after reading a post by someone on zone, after a few lines my brain just got such a headache from trying to interpret the horrible typing and no punctuation.
#2. This is a large problem, it can be fixed. I suggest we have a reporting system, you send an account name to the npc server, it will then record everything said by that player and who reported him after that for 10-25 seconds. Then it sends it to the next RC to log on. (Most likely Vulcan) If caught abusing it would result in ban.

Major #1. As shown above. The weak are only fuel for the stronger players to use.
#2. We'd be alright if we knew more than 1 person was working on it. I'd completely trust them if stefan thinks it's the right person for the job, but seeing as he hasn't then I guess nobody is suitable for the job. In which case he, in my opinion, should devote a tiny bit more time to it. Updating us on how far he's gotten would show us he hasn't completely forgotten about us.
#3. Too bad. If you wan't them you'll have to log on when vulcan is on. Which means you have to degrade yourself by playing this server which you hate so much. If you hate it so much, do us all a favor and stop posting here. Nobody likes how people will go into forums they dont have anything to do with or wish they didn't have anything to do with and tear apart other players. It's more cowardly than harassing a noob on your main server because the noob can fight back. We just have verbal abuse with verbal abuse. If you wish to talk trash, talk it from a PK area not a safe spot on the forums where you could just leave these forums and never return. Thus realizing every zone forum users dream.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
First of all Mastermind, do not quote images that big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind
#2. This is a large problem, it can be fixed.
It can and will be fixed. Stefan has agreed to Crono's idea of jail and jail commands. Vulcan is making a jail dropship where people can visit/laugh at the jailed players. Other commands such as muting the jailed player will be created aswell.
Quote:
#2. We'd be alright if we knew more than 1 person was working on it.
Stefan himself said he apolagizes for the slow development rate, he has been spending a lot more time to Zone. If your so insecure about how much development is taking place on the server, go away.
Quote:
#3. Too bad. If you wan't them you'll have to log on when vulcan is on. Which means you have to degrade yourself by playing this server which you hate so much. If you hate it so much, do us all a favor and stop posting here. Nobody likes how people will go into forums they dont have anything to do with or wish they didn't have anything to do with and tear apart other players. It's more cowardly than harassing a noob on your main server because the noob can fight back. We just have verbal abuse with verbal abuse. If you wish to talk trash, talk it from a PK area not a safe spot on the forums where you could just leave these forums and never return.
WHAT are you talking about? It isn't "Too bad" if he wants them so badly he should of forum PMed Vulcan, Stefan or myself. Also, just because he has requested for his reapers, does NOT mean you have the right to try and intimidate him. And of course he has something to do with the server! More so than you. He isn't cowardly it's called Making his point. You do not moderate the forums, so stop trying to. The one talking trash is you. I mean, him making his point in a PK arena on a game isn't going to make it any less important. Now shut up, thank you.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned
darknesskido is on a distinguished road
you think zones full of asses?, you should play era, that place is, ass heaven.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:19 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I agree so much. It gives Zone a horrible n00b reputation.

Quote:
We just gotta wait for the jailing system. Until then, just report them to ET's when they're on so they can get a /kick.

Quote:
I -hate- swear filters. I don't mind the Zone player's behaviour. If they're *******s, there's a reason.

Quote:
Correction: Most of them don't have any idea how to develope.

They shouldn't be looking for updates. It's like Counterstrike, there are NO updates. Maybe a few but nothing major. (lately anyway).

Quote:
This is more of Stefan and Vulcan's problem. It's how the system is managed, it takes ages for players to get their prizes.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux
Stefan himself said he apolagizes for the slow development rate, he has been spending a lot more time to Zone. If your so insecure about how much development is taking place on the server, go away.
I'm fine with how much is taking place. As I said in the rest of my post.
Quote:
WHAT are you talking about? It isn't "Too bad" if he wants them so badly he should of forum PMed Vulcan, Stefan or myself.
Instead of complaining to everyone on public forums, thats the point.
Quote:
Also, just because he has requested for his reapers, does NOT mean you have the right to try and intimidate him. And of course he has something to do with the server! More so than you.
He can request for his reapers by a forum pm to vulcan. That's your opinion, but keep in mind the fact he hates this server more than all others. My point was, if he hates this server so much he should just not post here anymore.
Quote:
He isn't cowardly it's called Making his point.
He is stereotyping all of zone's players by just a few people.
Quote:
You do not moderate the forums, so stop trying to. The one talking trash is you.
I'm saying what I'm thinking, if you dislike someplace why do you go there of your own free will? To harass the players for playing that server of course.
Quote:
I mean, him making his point in a PK arena on a game isn't going to make it any less important.
Only a small percentage of the zone's players with these problems use the forums. If he wishes to spread his message among the people it's directed at he should go on the game, seeing as most of them are busy "harassing the noobs" which is normally located in a pk area it'd be more efficient that way.
Quote:
Now shut up, thank you.
I respond with a quote.
Quote:
You do not moderate the forums, so stop trying to.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Maloria consists of 80% asses, most which in fact hate me. (Also if anyone cares I'm working on quitting Graal for good. : ) )
Old 03-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing
Maloria consists of 80% asses, most which in fact hate me. (Also if anyone cares I'm working on quitting Graal for good. : ) )
3rd or 4th time?

Old 03-23-2006, 02:13 AM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
Quote:
lmao this is hella funny lol whenever someones glitching or w/e someone actually comes to get me, has me put my 'staff tag' on and then i walk over to the team that the player abusing a glitch is on, and if hes a newbie then he'll fall for my 'i suggest you stop before your bant' trick, or if he's been here for awhile and no's i have no rights he'll just continue to do it...it really pisses me off when they no i have no rights lol...but it's funny when they don't no XD
Old 03-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Quote:
3rd or 4th time?
I've never technically 'quit' but since no one wants me. time to make a goodbye thread.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:27 AM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Typhoon:
Everything you've posted in this thread can be summed up in that quote. So I may have brought it on myself, big deal. Simmer down.
How would you know when I do and do not log on there? I've logged on Zone at least 2 times a day, 3 days a week for the past 5 weeks. Mind you only for 3 minutes at a time, but that's not the point. I should have forum pmed someone, and I'm going to take care of that shortly, but since when do you have the place to critisize me? You do some pretty stupid things, and I could care less about them.
Also:
Quote:
stereotyping
Not really. Anyone with a brain functioning above sub-par levels can just log on to Zone and see just how much of its population has issues. Think befroe you type.

Huwajux:
I can't defend myself if I don't log on every day, can I? Thanks :P
Also, I'll probably end up forum pming you, so... :P

Crono:
I think it's a crappy system, but hey, there really isn't much you can do when credible people don't want to play this server.
To add, Hachi taught me a little about scripting, so at least some of us aren't hopeless
On another note, this thread may have been blunt, but I'm not one to tell anything different from the truth, anyway.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
Quote:
Not really. Anyone with a brain functioning above sub-par levels can just log on to Zone and see just how much of its population has issues. Think befroe you type.
So we don't type all that well in game. Most servers type worse than us. UN, MAl, and Era have more *******s total and aren't newbie friendly servers. (Except for UN) Most of zone players are trials, if being trial is a problem then I agree most have problems, aside from that it's a perfectly fine server.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
I'm fine with how much is taking place. As I said in the rest of my post.
You used the word "We" thus meaning you and other people.
Quote:
Instead of complaining to everyone on public forums, thats the point.
He isn't complaining, he is using his case as an example for the lack of speed in delivering won items.
Quote:
My point was, if he hates this server so much he should just not post here anymore.He is stereotyping all of zone's players by just a few people.
He stated reasons for why Zone is the least respected server. He isn't stereotyping all of Zone's population by a few people. I would say around 99% of Zone's population have arrogant attitudes, including you.
Quote:
If he wishes to spread his message among the people it's directed at he should go on the game, seeing as most of them are busy "harassing the noobs" which is normally located in a pk area it'd be more efficient that way.
More efficient, how? You wouldn't beleive the amount of trials who read the forums. He is addressing it globally on the world wide web. I think that should satisfy the needs of getting his point across.
Quote:
I respond with a quote.
Saying "Shut up, thanks" isn't impersonation of staff. It's telling you to stop excreting crap out from your mouth and use the more sane method of it coming out of your ass. Now please, stop acting like a *****. Pwned ;o
Old 03-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned
darknesskido is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's telling you to stop excreting crap out from your mouth and use the more sane method of it coming out of your ass. Now please, stop acting like a *****. Pwned ;o
ROFL! that made me laugh after a bad day, but expecting these *****s not to talk crap is asking a heluva lot :P
Closed Thread