Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 01:55 PM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
Zone has a tick refresh of approximately .05 of a second, as does the majority of the online games in the world.

Unless you could terminate your connection, and redial it in .05 of a second, then you'd be physically unable to modem tap. ADSL has a connection time of 1.89 seconds, DSL has a connection time of .94 seconds. Nothing could even come close to modem tapping, unless they're slowing down the client in some form (more or less possible) but graal nearly detects everything availible for that.

Simply: You cant modem tap. The people who do appear to either use 56k dialup and are from some 3rd world country with developing internet facilities. A 3200+ latency will replicate this feature in many games.

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:48 PM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
I understand most of that. But the thing is, the only things that make Zone lag are the flamethrower, a large amount of explosions(Say, 3+ People mortaring, *cough* Sayian, Allen, Jo *cough*), and a massive amount of people dying at the same time (8+). So it's not that bad to use dial-up on Zone, or maybe I'm wrong. I haven't had dial-up in a while.

However, People still do it. Not with the proficiency of the Era modem tappers, but they still do it.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonesomewhere
I understand most of that. But the thing is, the only things that make Zone lag are the flamethrower, a large amount of explosions(Say, 3+ People mortaring, *cough* Sayian, Allen, Jo *cough*), and a massive amount of people dying at the same time (8+).
Flamethrower (completely useless), Chaingun (Fun but laggy), and gasgrenade's are the only weapons that make me lag. What lags me mostly is large messages that people type just to lag people around them.
Example: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Damn, that was fun

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.