Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Everything Money, Items, Gralats be reset?
YES please, I'm sick of this 47 41.59%
No I worshup the gralat! 52 46.02%
I don't care really. 6 5.31%
I'll go bake a cake! 8 7.08%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Hulkamaniac
habek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to habek Send a message via AIM to habek
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdbird_0
This is why I made a poll on this rather than making a flat out dision.

It has its ups and downs, so I think it just might turn out in a comprimise where we have tax/walets(amount you can carry)/and some better things to buy.

Money making should be restricted to some level, but This idea has been curculating around 2k1 for a while. For the people who have worked very very hard, its like a new begining, your no longer at the top, you start from scrach, and it becomes more fun... thats just my opinyon.

Anyway, Continue voting, I find this poll and thread to be very informative, like I have said in the past, you can't form your opinyons from one or two people in a party of 400.
yes. it's not that bad starting from from the beginning again. You might find it fun

"I’m starting with the man in the mirror
I’m asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change"
-Michael Jackson (Man in the Mirror)
Old 02-28-2002, 10:17 PM
Banned
freddyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by habek

yes. it's not that bad starting from from the beginning again. You might find it fun
Maybe for some people, but for the others that have worked for months to accumulate their savings would be VERY angry, and more then likely, quit.

I'd personally not mind a reset if some sort of maximum hat count or gralat count or whatever was put in, but I'm more concerned for what everyone else would be feeling.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Darth Cucumber
Falcor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Falcor Send a message via AIM to Falcor Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Yahoo to Falcor
WEll , if you aresuper rich, thier really is nothing to buy.... I mean all you do is collect hats or dolls. that is it? This isnt a card collecting game =\... If you wanna collect stuff, buy pokeymon cards or something. I would suggests a reset becasue with that we can make the economy less centered around collecting worthless things.

subliminal message: 1+1=3
Old 02-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Hulkamaniac
habek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to habek Send a message via AIM to habek
i will say yes to the reset. people who wants to quit, you are more than welcome, it will make the server less laggy, though after you quit you might find out that you will be sitting in front of your computer wondering what would you do to replace your "graal" time. (this happens to me, but then i got a job). A server reset will also encourage more people to upgrade their accounts, maybe more than those who quit. It might also sad to lose well known graalians if they quit when the server got reseted.

"I’m starting with the man in the mirror
I’m asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change"
-Michael Jackson (Man in the Mirror)
Old 02-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Darth Cucumber
Falcor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Falcor Send a message via AIM to Falcor Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Yahoo to Falcor
If people are that greedy because they dont have the most gralats on the server anymore, I'd have to encourage them to quit becasue collecting gralat isnt the point of 2001 anyway!

It sure seems that way now but after a reset, and more quests added, it would be a better place.

subliminal message: 1+1=3
Old 02-28-2002, 10:39 PM
Banned
freddyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Falcor
If people are that greedy because they dont have the most gralats on the server anymore, I'd have to encourage them to quit becasue collecting gralat isnt the point of 2001 anyway!
If that isn't the "point" of G2K1, then why did the staff make only a few simple quests instead of a bunch of large time consuming ones? Sure, there's the bomy moon, but that's about the biggest quest you can get. Instead, we have 8 jobs that make you money and at least 100 hats out for sale. Now, try multiplying that number so that we get the amounts they come out in. That's right, 600 + hats running around in the marketplace.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:45 PM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Quote:
Originally posted by habek
i will say yes to the reset. people who wants to quit, you are more than welcome, it will make the server less laggy, though after you quit you might find out that you will be sitting in front of your computer wondering what would you do to replace your "graal" time. (this happens to me, but then i got a job). A server reset will also encourage more people to upgrade their accounts, maybe more than those who quit. It might also sad to lose well known graalians if they quit when the server got reseted.
bomy man, i made something for bomies
dunno if itll get put up though
if it doesent, then the admins just want bomies dead

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:53 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
A server reset would not make money suddenly un-important. Graal2001 would have to be remade to do something like that, and that kind of thing could take up to a year.

A server reset with everthing lost is fine, but still, Bird would have to up the number of tables and ovens in the bread baking place.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Have A Drink On Me
AlexH is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AlexH Send a message via MSN to AlexH
Personally I don't think the server shuold be reset for a fer reason.

1) People who are rich on the server have worked long and hard for the money. Yes they may buy hats and sell them for profit but that is still risky. Hat prices change all the time, it's like a stock market. And no I'm not saying that because I have lots of money I only have 5g and I think it would be unfair to the players who do have lots of money.

2) Lots of people would get mad about all the money/items etc they have lost and quit and I think it would dramatically reduce the amount of people on the server.

3) I would have to work for hours again on getting all of my items back. I'm sure I'm not the onjly person that doesn't want to go through hours of work to get their items back. And I have a few hats that I would really like to keep. Not expensive ones just a few cheap ones that I think suit my character and look good on him.

I'm sure there are a lot more reasons why we shouldn't have a server reset but those are the ones that I just got off the top of my head.
So personally I don't think there should be a server reset.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:01 AM
randomrubbish.net
cds96 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to cds96 Send a message via AIM to cds96
No, ive worked so very long for my hats, my dolls, my house, my bomys. no, just no.

craig is now backing up cookies ;]
Old 03-01-2002, 12:09 AM
HONEY IM HOME!
NeoNPL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NeoNPL
Quote:
Originally posted by Valder
Don't do it because all of the people that worked hard to get what they have don't want it to vanish.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:18 AM
slp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to slp Send a message via Yahoo to slp
Quote:
Originally posted by Serena82
I am Furious right now that a re-set would even be considered.
I have worked and worked for what I have.
Unlike a lot that I know of. Please don't pretend that ALL
here have worked for what they have now. A lot haven't.
You know who you are. There has definitely been Cheaters who
have excess amount of money hats etc;
Why should us HONEST people suffer because of the CHEATERS here?
As far as the New People, Most would rather beg as to work,
which makes me think they are probably like this in Real Life.
They would rather spend 30 minutes begging for 1G than to go bake bread
which takes very little time!!!!
Sure it is just a Game, but aren't we supposed to enjoy it?
I can tell you this...I will not re-new and a lot of my friends
won't either.
So how would this help Stefan and Unixmads Company?
BTW..Whose idea was this?
i feel bad for you because remeber i used to hang out with you a luc way back when, i remeber when you got your house, you are the only person that had ever had that house, you have worked for ever to get were you are today, you are probly one of the only true people on this server, one of the honest peaple.

its hard i knot but i still think it would be good, they need to get rid of alot of money, Konidias made a donation thing at the market today and i put all my money in there, that was 10k, that is a little bit of a start, but there are people with 50k, 20k that is way too much, there were few peolple back in the day like a year ago accually even longer then that, that didnt even have 10k and a little after that the person with the most money barly had over 10k, and there wernt many people with money near that, thats how it should be again. i dont think people should lose there house's now, but everyone should get there money taken away and start from the begining again.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Falcor
WEll , if you aresuper rich, thier really is nothing to buy.... I mean all you do is collect hats or dolls. that is it? This isnt a card collecting game =\... If you wanna collect stuff, buy pokeymon cards or something. I would suggests a reset becasue with that we can make the economy less centered around collecting worthless things.
I think that the high dimand should be more things to do, not to buy and sell, we need things like quests, and long adventures, such as like on zelda were you get the blue chicken, then you give it to the weak guy, and then you get more and more things that you have to give to poeple and stuff, then at the end you get the Gordon sword, thats an adventure, there should be stuff like that, along with quests, gives people stuff to do, kingdoms should get back into the grove and start doing kindom events, im not talking about winning trophys but the leaders of the kindoms should start doing things for there people, events and stuff (like have a festavil) and stuff like that.

Stuff like that should be more in demand then stupid dolls, and hats, thoughs you should beable to make on your own just like the shovels and cans.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:24 AM
heck ill help things like this get started, if i could get together with like kon. and sk, and maybe falidos.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:27 AM
Have A Drink On Me
AlexH is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AlexH Send a message via MSN to AlexH
Maybe we could make an NPC that is like a wallet and it can only hold so much money. (say 5k for arguements sake)
And once you have 10k in the wallet you cannot get anymore money.
You would need to put it in a house chest but we could also make them have a limit on them. (say 15k)
So basically what you are doing is restricting the amount of money that any one player can have to 25k.
Thats one way to solve the money problem.
Another would just to make people with more moeny lose more when they die.
Or simply just make items more expensive so money would be drained faster.
Like the staff NPC SK is making (the one thats for mining, pking, shoots magic, crafts etc) that should cost a lot of money because it can do so many things.
Well thats all my ideas for solving the money problems.