Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2012, 10:12 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
The slums?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1341859573.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	55153  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:32 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
The slums?
Man I used to love those levels. The first time I stepped into that area I was creeped out. I remember I went through a sewer to get there.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:13 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I remember that area, very Lost Woods feel. Those levels really pushed me towards development.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned
Cow2001 is a jewel in the roughCow2001 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I pay a visit every few days. Lance came back a little over a year ago and then disappeared. He probably discovered the secret to Graal2001 which is the fact that whatever new version of Graal Script we are using will require every thing to be re-scripted, regardless of the fact that everything on the server still works decent.
why do they have to convert everything to gscript2? Don't original gscript scripts still work?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow2001 View Post
why do they have to convert everything to gscript2? Don't original gscript scripts still work?
Only clientside.

It's genius.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Original scripts may still work but are likely inefficient and a disaster waiting to happen, because of that a lot of it needs to be converted to GS2.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 AM
The Muffin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Original scripts may still work but are likely inefficient and a disaster waiting to happen, because of that a lot of it needs to be converted to GS2.
I thought GS1 serverside scripts spit the dummy due to syntactical errors?

It's genius.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
I thought GS1 serverside scripts spit the dummy due to syntactical errors?
They still work, how well they work is questionable however. If they didn't a ton of NPCs and whatnot probably wouldn't work on UN or Zodiac.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
the server ran for years
if the scripts work as they used to i don't get what's the problem, unless the new versions of graal break gs1.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
If stefan and a few others had waited for Lance to convert a lot of GS1 to GS2 instead of making him release G2K1 early, a lot of this content would still be playable.

While there may be a lot of content to go through, it's not impossible to do.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned
i'm sorry but i don't completely understand.
if the gs1 scripts worked before the first shutdown and during the relaunch (before the introduction of gs2 i think), why won't they work now? why do they have to be rescripted?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 PM
team canada
Quote:
i'm sorry but i don't completely understand.
if the gs1 scripts worked before the first shutdown and during the relaunch (before the introduction of gs2 i think), why won't they work now? why do they have to be rescripted?
Laggy/inefficient and potential server security (i.e. item spawning) risks. Changes to the engine may have also changed how they're interpreted which potentially leads to bugs/broken functionality.

They should just re-open it and let curious people mess around.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:54 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
As people are saying now and have been saying for years, just redo the scripting for now, don't try to be all fancy or gung-ho in remaking the graphics or anything, at least not right away.

Almost every single time someone got the manager spot they wanted to redo absolutely everything and would not accept suggestions to open a small area for the public, I would think having people actually playing on the server and excited for possible progress would be a good way to motivate the staff to bring their ideas to life so others can appreciate them.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:46 AM
The Muffin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Almost every single time someone got the manager spot they wanted to redo absolutely everything and would not accept suggestions to open a small area for the public, I would think having people actually playing on the server and excited for possible progress would be a good way to motivate the staff to bring their ideas to life so others can appreciate them.
Precisely!

It's genius.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:46 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I messed up a little.
Some noob logged in and wanted to play so I attempted to assist him.
I was able to summon him to the overworld but he couldn't move around or anything. I reset my account using my limited RC abilities. Then I tried to summon him to the level where you choose if you will be playing as a Human or a Bomy. I don't know why it did not work, but anyway I chose bomy which is pretty interesting but I wasn't able to help the fellow. And now that I reset my account I don't have the Staff tool that lets me clicky-warp and etc. Lame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1350615727.png
Views:	214
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	55162