Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Hey, is this project still in development? (formerly "Sup")

To current management
Hey is this project still under development? I used to do a few levels, simple scripts for level interaction and custom 8bit graphics for this server a while ago, when lance was still manager. Whats progress like? I assume still slow. I am bored and would be willing to check things out and create some levels and whatnot just for the heck of it.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Drake
camelback is on a distinguished road
I wish this server could revive itself again
Old 04-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelback View Post
I wish this server could revive itself again
Its not possible for any server to "revive itself".. It's all dependent on its Management and how much that management chooses to dedicate themselves and reach out to the community for help.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
anyone around? im not sure who the current workers are. not too sure if i know rufus. but yeah. hit me up lets rock some stuff.

is there still a regular server and a dev server or have they been combined into a single server?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Birdo13 is on a distinguished road
its just a dev server now.
I tried sending a forum pm to Rufus a few weeks ago asking him if he needed help but he never got back to me.
So i'm curious too as to whether or not the server is still in development....

-Lamer
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Prinking Droblem
yeah every time i check the number of people on the Bomy Island RC, no one is on. uncool. if you plan on stopping work give it to someone anyone that cares. or get a team together and start cranking out some product >.<
Old 04-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Birdo13 is on a distinguished road
geno just wanted bomy island back so i can spank him in godspeed's spar areana then at CS.

-Lamer
Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Prinking Droblem
how did you know *blush*
WE SHALL HAVE A BATTLE!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
if you plan on stopping work give it to someone anyone that cares. or get a team together and start cranking out some product >.<
You're right I should give it to someone else, but not for the lack of caring. I'm not going to sit here and explain the situation 20 different times so that the unappreciative who don't actually do any research into things feel somewhat better about it all. I realize that there are people that want the server back and that's great, but apparently nobody realizes that it's a revival project. Find an appropriate replacement for Manager and we'll see what happens, because I'm sick of having to explain how this isn't going to work with Graal as it is.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Prinking Droblem
awesome, i am very unqualified for manager, perhaps someone will step up that can show some salt. Kramer is very good. But usually someone that is great with scripts ends up being manager. I'll pass my vote for Kramer, if he is willing to. Perhaps we can get some of the old team back. i don't think these new bodies are essential. but perhaps a new team or an old team can get back together talk things out. and make something happen!

if only CheeToS would do the job!
or if Tseng/Lance decided to come back
If Rabid was around.
hmmrm or... i know i can get a team of talented people together one way or another. it will work.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
awesome, i am very unqualified for manager, perhaps someone will step up that can show some salt. Kramer is very good. But usually someone that is great with scripts ends up being manager. I'll pass my vote for Kramer, if he is willing to. Perhaps we can get some of the old team back. i don't think these new bodies are essential. but perhaps a new team or an old team can get back together talk things out. and make something happen!
Well honestly, straight away I can see where you're going wrong. You seem to think that old teams can bring back the server to a new standard, which isn't the case. I talk to Antago regularly, but he hasn't exactly improved since 2001 himself. Konidias improved and changed with the times, and those are the type of people that need to develop the server -- quality developers.

Some points for you to think about:
  • Old teams have nothing to do with developing relatively completely new content and just because they may have had skills in the past does not mean that they have the skills needed for the revival of the server.
  • The old content standards are not going to live up and revive the server today.
  • The new bodies are essential, because it is a selling point for the majority of those that have been following the server.
  • The overall quality that has been presented is also a requirement, else it's just going to flop.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Prinking Droblem
the only reason i mention old team members is because they are the ones i worked with. i am sure there are tons of people i am not too close to that are very good as well. Why do you insist on all of this new content as in bodies? the old bodies were fine. new bodies are not going to revive a server. passion and hard work and new content will. new content does not have to mean new bodies, it could if they ever were finished but why pause production and wait for these things to be finished?. they obviously are not finished, the creator abandoned them. The followers of this server could give a damn less about some stupid new graphics for bodies. Thats just the way i see it. It obviously is going no where so the server does not really have too much to loose.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Quote:
the only reason i mention old team members is because they are the ones i worked with.
These people you've mentioned are ex players, and they've left the game for a reason. I know CheeTos doesn't want to manage it too, because he should have been manager instead of me in the first place, but didn't take it.

Quote:
Why do you insist on all of this new content as in bodies? the old bodies were fine. new bodies are not going to revive a server. passion and hard work and new content will. new content does not have to mean new bodies, it could if they ever were finished but why pause production and wait for these things to be finished?. they obviously are not finished, the creator abandoned them. The followers of this server could give a damn less about some stupid new graphics for bodies.
As an old 2k1 player, you should be able to understand the importance of the economy and collection of items on the server. Graal2001's unique selling point was the hat economy, and now that every server and their clones have hats, it is important for the server to differentiate on what it offers itself. The server cannot be revived unless it offers something else, and that is why the new body system was introduced on it, because it's expanding the economical purpose and therefore giving players more things to collect. The body system really isn't the only change on the server either.

Quote:
Thats just the way i see it. It obviously is going no where so the server does not really have too much to loose.
Credibility? Reputation?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
perfection
Oni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_Shadowbane View Post
Its not possible for any server to "revive itself".. It's all dependent on its Management and how much that management chooses to dedicate themselves and reach out to the community for help.
shut up geek you know what he meant
Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Prinking Droblem
calm down calm down. i put my foot in my mouth, the developments on graal 2k1 or bomy island or whatever you wish to call it are much better than i have presumed. the body system is through the roof. in fact the whole server has made a 180. its quite impressive and everyone should just cross their fingers for the day it is finished. I hope it can keep some of the old nostalgia (mainly some of the old school levels). hopefully they can recruit a well staffed team that is worthy. no need to respond to my post after you made me eat my own words by showing me it's new glory.. Jerkus! just kidding. but really. looking very very good from what i saw.

***if stefan or unixmad really cared about graal (which im sure they do) or even about their income, profits, MONEY (which im really sure they do), they would get on this server and help out because it is a sure thing that it would increase their profits(like it did in 2001, check your charts guys) if this badboy was re surfaced with with it's new swagger***

Last edited by Geno; 04-15-2009 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: i am awesome..duh, and i enjoy underlining and italics