Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
If a random non-kernel-driver program manages to make Windows 7 crash and burn, you have bigger problems than Graal.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:19 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Why would you want to run Graal, or any other game for that matter, on a netbook? Times might have changed, but aren't netbooks supposed to be an addition to desktops/laptops, not a replacement of them? I always thought they were essentially word processors with internet browsers attached. Have they evolved enough to be a viable replacement?

And I've never heard of Windows 7 Ultimate being used on a netbook. Maybe you should think about downgrading to Windows 7 Starter, which was specifically designed to work on netbooks.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Why would you want to run Graal, or any other game for that matter, on a netbook? Times might have changed, but aren't netbooks supposed to be an addition to desktops/laptops, not a replacement of them? I always thought they were essentially word processors with internet browsers attached. Have they evolved enough to be a viable replacement?

And I've never heard of Windows 7 Ultimate being used on a netbook. Maybe you should think about downgrading to Windows 7 Starter, which was specifically designed to work on netbooks.
you'd be suppriced what a netbook can do.
i seen and heard of Netbooks having Windows 7, unsure what version of it thu.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
you'd be suppriced what a netbook can do.
i seen and heard of Netbooks having Windows 7, unsure what version of it thu.
I have also seen and heard of Netbooks with Windows 7, but LoneAngelIbesu is absolutely correct. I've never even considered having anything other than Starter Edition working on a netbook. Home Edition, Business Edition and Ultimate are bound to have problems on a Netbook because they're not made to support every aspect of it. Functionality of certain things such as programs are thrown out the window.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-06-2009, 04:19 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Man, I bet any given netbook is more powerful than the computers most people were playing Graal on a decade ago.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:02 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Man, I bet any given netbook is more powerful than the computers most people were playing Graal on a decade ago.
Then again, Graal could actually work without a hitch on computers a decade ago.

Oh, wait. That was probably your point.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Home Edition, Business Edition and Ultimate are bound to have problems on a Netbook because they're not made to support every aspect of it. Functionality of certain things such as programs are thrown out the window.
It is not really a case of Starter Edition "supporting every aspect of it", since netbooks are normal computers. The only things that set them apart from a normal laptop are their smaller profile and lower spec (usually to improve power consumption). Modern netbooks with those newer Atom processors and nVidia ION chips are considerably better at drawing hardware-accelerated graphics than they used to be.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Right click the graal setup and click troubleshoot at the top.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
If a random non-kernel-driver program manages to make Windows 7 crash and burn, you have bigger problems than Graal.
like your stupid non-helpful comments in this thread? ahhh you are right again!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:08 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Netbooks are simply not meant for gaming of any kind. My netbook can't render images within games only being able to see polygons and the lag is so immense I have to kill the processes. Also my netbook has a 1 Ghz processor and 1GB of ram and It can barely handle Windows XP let alone Windows 7. Because of it's low spec It was only useful to me after I installed a Linux version designed for netbooks which allows me to use firefox to view websites and OpenOffice for word processing without any performance issues, and ye Graal even works on it
Old 12-16-2009, 04:44 AM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
like your stupid non-helpful comments in this thread? ahhh you are right again!
Look it is pretty obvious you did not put any goddamn effort at all into this ****ty thread so I am just responding in kind.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Netbooks are simply not meant for gaming of any kind. My netbook can't render images within games only being able to see polygons and the lag is so immense I have to kill the processes. Also my netbook has a 1 Ghz processor and 1GB of ram and It can barely handle Windows XP let alone Windows 7. Because of it's low spec It was only useful to me after I installed a Linux version designed for netbooks which allows me to use firefox to view websites and OpenOffice for word processing without any performance issues, and ye Graal even works on it
I can run 2 clients without lagging on my netbook =o