Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
My netbook wont run graal

what stats are required to run graal?! my netbook has no problem running emulators. it has 2gb of ram :0
Old 09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Do you get a message when you try to run it, or is it just really slow or something?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
A netbook with 2gigs or ram? Pretty good netbook. Specs are usually fine. I could run graal on a P2. It's the graphics card I think you gotta watch out for... and I doubt a netbook, no matter the ram, has very good graphics cards.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
some stuff was flashing during the log in screen, then a msg kept popping up about some numbers or something and i had to close client through task manager :[
Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Also, emulators run primarily on CPU/ram(as much of the work is emulating/processing the consoles hardware), and rarely rely too much on a good graphics card.

So they're not really that much of a comparison to actual games.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Prinking Droblem
didnt think graal was so demanding
Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 AM
It's not... like I said I could run it on my P2 with 256 ram and an 8mb graphics card... but on more demanding servers like Era and with special effects that can ramp up pretty fast.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
I don't understand how this 2D game would require better graphicscards than 10 years ago. Graal ran fine back then on 32-64MB Voodoo cards with my own experience. I don't really see any big difference since then.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Prinking Droblem
thats why i'm confused. i have the new 11.6 inch screen acer with windows vista. 1.33 ghz and 2gb ram
Old 09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
That would do just fine. I've ran Graal v4 (I don't think v5 demands more resources) on a old 600 MHz just to try if it worked. It worked fine. Maybe a tad slow, but atleast it started. Laptops has better graphics than that computer. :P

What I think is the biggest thief in the drama is bulky clientside scripts, and/or a lot of them in the same area. If everything was hardcoded it would run faster. :P
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Prinking Droblem
im gonna try installing linux then doing graal threw that, should be a sure fix
Old 09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Linux <3
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Prinking Droblem
'buntu
Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
It's probably because they needlessly use bits of the torque engine or something. I too find it ridiculous how Graal looked roughly the same about 7 years ago yet requires more. REMINDS ME OF IT'S PRICES LELELEL i kid.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Keep in mind that Graal has changed from a pure 2D game to a 2D game in a 3D engine over the years, so the demands are higher then what it might look like.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto