Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Gangs

Okay we can now see gangs are back to being dead and sucking again. Only had a bit of excitement when it changed then died of again. If changing back to 4 gangs was going to be a permanent fix then you're just daft.

We have a great system (draft) sitting there ready and (not being put in place unless the 4 gang system fails).. How many times does this need to fail for you guys to realize it doesn't work? Why keep going in circles?

Will the draft system work? Who knows but it's a great system and definitely worth a shot. Put it in place and keep tweaking it until we get it spot on. Upgrade bases, bring out new gang stuff, y'know?

Seth isn't active.. do something about that please.. Most of us only play for gangs and they suck.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Seth isn't active.. do something about that please.. Most of us only play for gangs and they suck.
This is true, and we have addressed it (like last night IIRC).

Other stuff is just speculation. The Draft system is not yet ready to be released, and additional content is being created to coincide with it. I'd rather see everything done right the first time than just throwing it onto the server. I'm sure you can survive.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
This is true, and we have addressed it (like last night IIRC).

Other stuff is just speculation. The Draft system is not yet ready to be released, and additional content is being created to coincide with it. I'd rather see everything done right the first time than just throwing it onto the server. I'm sure you can survive.
Quote:
Tim_Rocks *Meter Maid* (Working) (Mon Jul 14 02:38:25 2014):
ah, I have it in place, it's up to seth now.
From the guy who created it... Okay? now put it in place. K, thanks.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
So I guess Koho was right.

Since Zuba, Smasher, Loga and I left LC and stopped PKing I can honestly say gang liveliness has just fallen to sh*t. I definitely want to see a change, not sure if the whole draft system would be as great with the new gmap when it's released though.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:30 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
If everyone's ready, I could get the draft system up and running this Sunday. I can hardly get ahold of Seth, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
If everyone's ready, I could get the draft system up and running this Sunday. I can hardly get ahold of Seth, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
Do eet fegt.

I've been sayin this for like 2 weeks.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
ya do the draft system so we can get some raids goin thanks
Old 07-30-2014, 09:18 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
In other news, Graal appears to be down.

Last edited by Darlene159; 08-12-2014 at 10:37 PM..
Old 07-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post

In other news, Graal appears to be down.
stefan and his sphere shaped coffee cups

Last edited by Darlene159; 08-12-2014 at 10:38 PM..
Old 07-31-2014, 01:50 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
Draft system plez timmy

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 07-31-2014, 02:18 AM
Banned
The current layout with the staff is confusing, we have random people for random positions and they aren't doing anything with the position, just looking over what is currently happening. I'm not saying we need to change everything all the time but I see no progression in Seth's GA reign. We could essentially remove the GA position entirely and just have the management (Admins and above) take it over (too bad we don't have any decent PKers on that list that would have any idea how to run it successfully.)

I suggest just passing the position to Ishmael if hes willing to take over, at least we would have someone some-what active looking over the non-progression.

This game is for teenagers, nearly all of the entire staff team has been with us for years, they're all ticking over into their early 20's, gaining a life. I think that we might need to look into hiring some of the new generation to take over soon, too bad they're all 12 and suck.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:38 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
game's always going to suck, server needs reset to be fair and fun, server will never be reset, so it'll never be fair or fun.

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 07-31-2014, 03:46 AM
Banned
Server doesn't need a reset at all, just needs competent staff. Why do we have guns that are $900,000, $1,200,00 and even $2,000,000?

Yeah, the economy is **** but weapons should at most cost $300,000 to $500,000.

Making working for your money a viable option and you will see a valuable increase in players.

Right now a player logs on and can never imagine owning a $900,000 weapon, even if it is piss easy to obtain through the 100 systems of quick-cash.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Draft system itself has been ready for a while, but there's a lot of ideas that came up at the same time and the original plan was to release it all as a "package." If you want to see drafts alone, we can do a trial period, but I think if we were to just suddenly switch to drafts all we would do is create another 2-3 weeks of "Oh cool this is new" before everyone realizes that raiding and events haven't fundamentally changed at all so they still think it's boring. That's why we switched back to 4-gang system in the meantime; it was always supposed to be temporary and was announced as such from the beginning. It's at least better than the 15-20 gang system and probably better than the 8-12 gang system, so it keeps things alive while we work on the rest of everything.

We would love to have gang events during the week, but that requires a lot of consistently active staff, and that isn't always realistic. People with a lot of rights need to be trusted, knowledgeable, and mature; most of these are traits of people who have real life jobs and at least some amount of real social life. You end up making the choice of having a bunch of super active idiots or a solid team of people who can only log on for a few hours each day (and take occasional vacations in the Summer). Most of Era's players seem to push for the first without realizing how dangerous that would be.

To Godzilla's points; the reason we have so many admins is because I wanted to empower the people who know certain aspects of the game to make the meaningful decisions and changes without having to constantly run back to what the forums describes as "the same four people forever" (ice, zao, blue, alf). It's worked well so far in almost every occasion; few would disagree that Ish has been very effective with gun balancing, Kat has at least tried to get some business changes rolling (it's rough at the moment because the developers are so busy), Ulti has completely revamped the PR team, and Black was working wonders on ETA right up until the time that his computer died. I will admit that the PSA position didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, and I think Amber started to feel like she was a little unnecessary, so that was a mistake on my part. I need to find a way to give that position more of a voice with both the players and the staff. SM has been active, then inactive, then active again so many times; I am hoping to be able to talk to him and get him around more again, because he really does know a lot about Gangs when it comes down to it.

I agree that we need more mid-range weapons, but it all ties in to the economy issues. What we really need to push through our own heads as staff is that selling 10 guns worth 300,000 is going to take more money out of the economy than selling 2 for 900,000. We don't like to do the math sometimes when we're releasing stuff; assuming Graal isn't totally dead, we can hope to see more mid-range weapons in the future though.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post

To Godzilla's points; the reason we have so many admins is because I wanted to empower the people who know certain aspects of the game to make the meaningful decisions and changes without having to constantly run back to what the forums describes as "the same four people forever" (ice, zao, blue, alf). It's worked well so far in almost every occasion; few would disagree that Ish has been very effective with gun balancing, Kat has at least tried to get some business changes rolling (it's rough at the moment because the developers are so busy), Ulti has completely revamped the PR team, and Black was working wonders on ETA right up until the time that his computer died. I will admit that the PSA position didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, and I think Amber started to feel like she was a little unnecessary, so that was a mistake on my part. I need to find a way to give that position more of a voice with both the players and the staff. SM has been active, then inactive, then active again so many times; I am hoping to be able to talk to him and get him around more again, because he really does know a lot about Gangs when it comes down to it.
I think you're kidding yourself if you honestly believe that there isn't enough mature, sociable, active and reliable potential staff members who log on daily. Don't take that the wrong way and assume I'm talking about myself, I'm just one of the many.

Ish has done a great job, working at a nice pace to release changes but with the amount of skins being sent in every day I think a few other people need the rights to add them, not just him.

Katbot has always had a mentality of maintaining things, never really attempts to change things for the benefit of many, what you're saying could be correct, he's tried and with the active development of the new gmap it might have been unsuccessful but we've all heard the same thing time and time again from him. It's an easy fix with Businesses to create some sort of hype to not look like you're doing nothing but I haven't seen anything or any attempts so I'm just assuming he has done absolutely nothing, which we have seen time and time again by this player.

Ultimose in himself is a great PR, I haven't spoken to one person who has complimented his ability to find great PRs though, I wouldn't call his team amazing or anything to be excited about, haven't met a single player who has disagreed with me.

Blackfires is a good PR and a decent ET but I haven't seen an active ET team during his reign, everyone has massed at least once a day during the peak times and still no ETs get on tag and host.

Amber... PSA... I think we all warned you on that one.

PSA is essentially another Administrator position, it was designed to look over; GPA, ETA, FAQA and their teams. If you were to bring it back I would suggest making it something like that again, someone who is willing to make tough decisions that may step on the toes of the current staff but will benefit players over all because those current staff on this positions aren't doing anything.

Now don't get me wrong, your development team is doing great, pushing out new content whilst in the mean time creating a new gmap, that's something that shows potential but some of the current PRs that you just threw into these positions aren't doing a good job at all.

Now I know we may have some defenders who will come on and attempt to argue my points so let me get this clear; I'm not belittling the team because I'm not on it or because I want to be on it or whatever reason you may come up with. I'm belittling some of the team because the statements are true, they promised to deliver something and have failed.

In all honesty, I myself am just getting sick and tired of caring about a game and a community no one else seems to.