FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
pls bring server online ty men
Old 08-01-2014, 06:10 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I don't have time to read the entity of this thread right now, but I'll bring up the point of lazy/inactive/un-motivated staff.
This is Graal. At it's current state, nothing is really motivating players to step up to the plate and want to join the staff team.
If there are any passionate, skilled players/devs that want to give a shot at dev'ing on Era, contact me. It is true, the current generation of devs is getting older and needs new, young shots to take over (at some point).

Although, I do believe the current dev staff team is capable of completing projects and satisfies the development needs of Era at this time.

Last edited by BlueMelon; 08-01-2014 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: meloncat2014
Old 08-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
It is true, the current generation of devs is getting older and needs new, young shots to take over (at some point).
Old 08-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Kaiserdog247 is on a distinguished road
I agree with Godzilla...it's the "I don't care attitude" and "it's not my problem talk to this guy" attitude that is screwing the game up. I've noticed that many times when there has been a problem or I have looked to help progress something along I have been pawned off to someone else... As far as getting new people into staff is kinda hard when current staff doesn't want to give new guys a chance if they don't know you. I knw people including myself that have tried to get on staff however have been denied due to our hours played...however our hour log is deceiving cuz they are newer accounts from when we played like 5 years ago... Personally I can't see era expanding in players because gang leaders are shitty, business owners have gotten better with helping people get jobs, but the gangs still oppress the newer community. It used to be ALOT worse. But I think the community itself needs to be less shitty to each other for ppl to stay and for new people to join. I don't think it's solely on the staff.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Well, I can tell you guys right now that the draft system won't happen this weekend if this lag persists.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
ban him again plz
Old 08-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
there really arent many skilled players on era that can dev and all that, so it will be hard to replace the current good ones. and some of the ones that are actually good dont want to because #1 you dont get paid #2 it is too much hassle/work and you dont get paid #3 you dont get paid and #4 graal is laggy as hell and it has been dying a slow death. i don't think the main problem is era staff. the main problem is graal in general. the servers suck. the owner is MIA. there is really no leadership. you cant even change your email address on the graal online website. the feature has been unavailable for like 2 years now. they cant even fix the site let alone graal in general.

Last edited by Zongui; 08-01-2014 at 09:32 PM..
Old 08-01-2014, 10:33 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Okay, I believe the draft system is ready for this weekend. I'm going to continue w/ the testing to make sure there aren't any bugs.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Why does everyone keep bringing up the dev team, like it's obvious we need a new generation of devs so this one can move on but that's not the problem at all.

It's the useless non dev's who are sitting in positions doing nothing.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Why does everyone keep bringing up the dev team, like it's obvious we need a new generation of devs so this one can move on but that's not the problem at all.

Make suggestions of the changes you would make rather than complaining so much then. Just saying you dislike the current staff doesn't help a lot.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:39 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:

Who exactly would replace Blue, Zao, Amsel, or myself? Seems like every other scripter is power hungry. It's hard to find anyone that can be trusted with basic rights. Let alone someone like me who quite literally has full access to everything. That's a lot of trust for a single person.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Let alone someone like me who quite literally has full access to everything. That's a lot of trust for a single person.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
rather than complaining so much

I'm not bitter

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.

Last edited by Scoper; 08-02-2014 at 02:00 AM.. Reason: I FORGOT I WASN'T BITTER
Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Make suggestions of the changes you would make
BigMonster (Zao) (Admin); When was the last time he did something that actually really benefit the server or no one else could do? Logs on every night, sits on RC and idles on player, does absolutely nothing. Useless, get rid of him.

Sethq77 (SM) (Gang Admin); Gets on maybe 3 times a week (recently) used to be online maybe once a week a few weeks ago, very inactive, proposes or brings nothing to the team and just maintains the current system and does absolutely nothing. Useless, get rid of him.

TichielJuspain (Amber) (Player Services Admin); Highly inactive, proposes or brings nothing to the team and just fills a position you would otherwise not risk putting someone with potential in. Does absolutely nothing. Useless, get rid of her.

Blackfires (Blackboy)(Events Team Admin & Player Relations); Has done a terrible job with ETA since being given it, no active ETs, no team structure, everyone complains daily about wanting ETs. His computer broke, replace him until further action can be taken.

Zeyo (Zeyo) (Graphics Team); Has been inactive up until the last 2 weeks where all he does is idle, hoarding a position and the ability to use privileged rights. With his inactivity I would assume he does absolutely nothing. Useless, get rid of him.

PunkRules (Katbot) (Business Admin & Player Relations); Some-what active, doesn't really make an effort to do anything with the position he is in though, maintains the same old system, doesn't propose or push for development to happen for his ideas, does absolutely nothing business related and sits on PR tag the entire time online. Not totally useless, breathe down his neck and create inspiration or get rid of him.

It's honestly not hard to do a good job within the positions these players are in, with or without development skills.

It's easy to manipulate the player count into thinking you're doing something or creating change just by doing a few simple things.

SM made an example of that by changing back to the 4 gang system, everyone got off of his back for a few weeks, now hes back to doing absolutely nothing.

Katbot could do the same thing by making a few adjustments to businesses and creating hype to players but he doesn't thus making himself look useless and as if he is incapable of creating a better business state for players.

There is 100s of endless ways to make it look like you're doing something within a position when really you're not but these players don't do that which is why I'm so bluntly talking down on them.

These staff are all EASILY replaceable. You have countless people who could run these positions with ease, some even on the team already.

You're letting these useless staff hoard there positions when there is 10+ players for each position waiting for their opportunity to finally create change. I could list a bunch for almost each position, easily doing a better job with or without dev skill than the current BA, GA, Admin, PSA.

The only random PR you slapped a different title with that has been successful is Ishmael and he hasn't really done much at all. It doesn't take much to please the server and so far Ishmael has done that successfully, he is leading by example, time to clip the ears of these useless kids so they start running or replace them, it's simple.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
These staff are all EASILY replaceable. You have countless people who could run these positions with ease, some even on the team already.

You're letting these useless staff hoard there positions when there is 10+ players for each position waiting for their opportunity to finally create change. I could list a bunch for almost each position, easily doing a better job with or without dev skill than the current BA, GA, Admin, PSA.
I challenge you to actually name those 10 people who:
-) Would take a staff position
-) Haven't proven in the past to repeatedly abuse staff positions
-) Actually know how to develop
-) Have a short enough jail/ban history

Like I said before, the only people who were loyal enough to Era and mature enough to handle a staff position have since gotten old and gotten full time jobs. We do what we can to help out on the server, and I'd be happy to let some new people help out as well, but most of the people who have enough talent and interest also have a history of spawning items, abusing staff privileges, illegally USDing, etc. We've tried to hire some new developers despite all this, but only because we limit their rights severely. We can't hire someone to be GBA or ETA without giving them enough rights to really screw things up.

If anyone thinks they'd be a good candidate for a staff position, I invite you to email me at [email protected]