Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 02:04 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Universal Graal v5 for Mac

How long? Last I heard it would be very soon, but that was like 6 months ago. As far as I know it's not even started The scripted RC was a step in the right direction for Graal for Mac, but there's no use if it doesn't run well enough to use.

Thanks,
Chris Zakuto
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
How long? Last I heard it would be very soon, but that was like 6 months ago. As far as I know it's not even started The scripted RC was a step in the right direction for Graal for Mac, but there's no use if it doesn't run well enough to use.

Thanks,
Chris Zakuto
If RC is your issue, you can always use crossover for mac (not free i think) or darwine (wine [windows emulator] for darwin, is free) and run the rc. You need an intel mac but it works
Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I think he is talkin about gettin it to run on an powerpc based mac.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:39 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
It runs on PowerPC (WAY outdated).

It runs on Intel, but it runs SO slowly, and crashes so much, it's impossible to play.

As for software like Crossover, VMware Fusion, and Paralells, I have tried all of those, and none of them work with Graal (DirectX problems).

I would actually move to Mac if an online tile editor was released, and a certain feautre to client RC was added.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
As for software like Crossover, VMware Fusion, and Paralells, I have tried all of those, and none of them work with Graal (DirectX problems).
You could use the windows emulator just for RC and the level editor. There shouldn't be any DirectX issues with those.

Anytime I'm on Linux, I'm able to get the level editor to work with Wine.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
The problem is that Cyberjoueurs do not currently have an Intel Mac to compile a Universal (or Intel) binary on, and they won't just hand out the source code for others to compile it. I guess eventually there will be a Universal binary, just not yet.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
The problem is that Cyberjoueurs do not currently have an Intel Mac to compile a Universal (or Intel) binary on, and they won't just hand out the source code for others to compile it. I guess eventually there will be a Universal binary, just not yet.
I've heard that excuse before. They need to get one. Plain and simple. Get one.

If they're saying cost is a problem, then get one and run Windows on it! If you get a MacBook for $1k, then you also get Windows virtually free! And linux! Kill THREE stones with $1000 instead of around $3000 to buy 3 separate computers.

I'm really sick of them putting off Mac, and they keep showing some weird statistic that like 99% of people use Windows to play Graal ... which is because it's nearly impossible to play Graal on a Mac, especially an Intel one. I'll tape a video and show what Graal is like on my Intel mac and then post it.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
I've heard that excuse before. They need to get one. Plain and simple. Get one.

The angst won't help anything.

It's not as simple as just to "go out and buy one"; Cyberjoueurs have a budget, and they have expenditures already. I'm sure I don't need to explain the model of a business to you further than that.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
The angst won't help anything.

It's not as simple as just to "go out and buy one"; Cyberjoueurs have a budget, and they have expenditures already. I'm sure I don't need to explain the model of a business to you further than that.
I can understand that. However, they do need to realize that they either need to make a decent Mac client, or just not expect people to use it.

If they released an Intel Mac version of Graal, I would renew all of my subscriptions. Currently I only have one for playerworlds (developing), but I'd play GK, etc again if I could.

Maybe they could make friends with some of the nice people down at Apple HQ? Slip the gal at the Genius Bar a $20 (I guess they probably don't have too many of those in France?)
Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 AM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I can understand that. However, they do need to realize that they either need to make a decent Mac client, or just not expect people to use it.

If they released an Intel Mac version of Graal, I would renew all of my subscriptions. Currently I only have one for playerworlds (developing), but I'd play GK, etc again if I could.

Maybe they could make friends with some of the nice people down at Apple HQ? Slip the gal at the Genius Bar a $20 (I guess they probably don't have too many of those in France?)
Or... Dual-boot into windows and play Graal. You need to realize... Blah Blah Blah... Blah Blah... Or you could infiltrate Cyb... Blah Blah Blah... compile it yo... ... ...
Old 12-02-2007, 02:49 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
I demand Graal for my z/OS system because I deserve it, dammit!

</sarcasm>
Old 12-02-2007, 04:49 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
I demand Graal for my z/OS system because I deserve it, dammit!

</sarcasm>
Improper HTML will get you no where.

You need to start with an opening tag before the closing tag
Old 02-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
News: Compiled a version for Intel Mac, runs fast Resizing of the window doesn't work yet (leopard problem?) but it should be fixed before the release of the next Graal version.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
News: Compiled a version for Intel Mac, runs fast Resizing of the window doesn't work yet (leopard problem?) but it should be fixed before the release of the next Graal version.
I LOVE YOU!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

WHEN WILL THIS GODLY VERSION OF GRAAL FOR MAC BE RELEASED? WITH THE NEXT CLIENT RELEASE?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Ah finally. I have no mac, but its only fair as the windows version and linux version run quite decent :O