Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ah, I guess that's fine. Maybe.
Skyld told me he was making the iPhone controls, so I imagine all Stefan did was port the client.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
I imagine now that they have the zone servers they are attempting to consolidate all the extra player made images and things so that iPhones can handle the giant amount of files, and actually play the other servers. Maybe like take nicely made heads and turn them into default ones?

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Mr. Brightside
wild8900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to wild8900
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
I imagine now that they have the zone servers they are attempting to consolidate all the extra player made images and things so that iPhones can handle the giant amount of files, and actually play the other servers. Maybe like take nicely made heads and turn them into default ones?
Actually the iPhone has a pretty good hardware for a handheld. Its got about 128mb of ram and 600-900Mhz processor (I forget which exactly). It can also play 3D games so dont sweat it.

What I'm worried about is controls :S is it gunna be onscreen buttons or what? Tilt sensors? God.

Im getting ahead of myself. We dont even know for sure that the game is gunna be ported.

EDIT: But you know what would be cool? Controls like on Zelda Phantom Hourglass. :3
Old 07-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild8900 View Post
Actually the iPhone has a pretty good hardware for a handheld. Its got about 128mb of ram and 600-900Mhz processor (I forget which exactly). It can also play 3D games so dont sweat it.

What I'm worried about is controls :S is it gunna be onscreen buttons or what? Tilt sensors? God.

Im getting ahead of myself. We dont even know for sure that the game is gunna be ported.

EDIT: But you know what would be cool? Controls like on Zelda Phantom Hourglass. :3
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=80418
Old 07-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The problem with touch controls is the iPhone can not use a stylus. Thus, even with controls like PH, you won't have much accuracy or control. Basically, you'll get a random 'point' from where your finger touched from the whole surface area of your finger against the screen. Then, add the fact that it's a small surface in the first place, and the huge actual resolution you're fitting in there... it just doesn't sound too accurate. Especially for a game revolved around aiming like Zone.

This is why you have huge buttons when you deal with touch screens. But now you're trying to move your player, avoid projectiles, and poke at little people running around fast with your finger. Heh.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Skyld told me he was making the iPhone controls, so I imagine all Stefan did was port the client.
I prototyped a control method, however it is not the one that is actually used. Accelerometer is used normally I think.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Inactive Graal Player
Quote:
Actually the iPhone has a pretty good hardware for a handheld
I mean its hard drive, it definitely cannot hold 24643 bodies, heads, hats, shields, and swords.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
I mean its hard drive, it definitely cannot hold 24643 bodies, heads, hats, shields, and swords.
Yes it can. Easily. Are you telling me you have more than 8 GB of heads, bodies, etc from Zone on your computer?

My "levels" folder is only 80 MB, and that's from MANY different servers.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Some part of Graal3D is actually working on it The arm CPU is only 416 Mhz, thats more like a 100 Mhz Pentium. The graphics are quite fast though.

For controls it's possible to play with accelerator (for action games), touch/click (RPGs) or virtual keyboards.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Inactive Graal Player
Quote:
Yes it can. Easily. Are you telling me you have more than 8 GB of heads, bodies, etc from Zone on your computer?
First off, you need to count other games said iPhone owner wants to download, second off, I am talking about servers other than zone that have thousands of play made images.

Quote:
My "levels" folder is only 80 MB, and that's from MANY different servers.

Not my levels folder but still, that is quite a bit.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Inactive Graal Player
174MB, not as much as I thought, but still =/

Old 07-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Mr. Brightside
wild8900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to wild8900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Some part of Graal3D is actually working on it The arm CPU is only 416 Mhz, thats more like a 100 Mhz Pentium. The graphics are quite fast though.
Oh right, Apple underclocks the CPU from what I've read. You guys should put it to good use at its full potential!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Wouldn't surprise me if Graal is sponsored by Iphone or something.

Things here usually go slowmotion, but all these Iphone stuff just pops up this fast, seems a little bit unusual.