Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
valikorlians posting about graal gameplay itt
Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
It didn't have one.
How are we supposed to continue it on, then? Although, if it didn't have an original story, then we can do whatever we want in that department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
valikorlians posting about graal gameplay itt
Posting about story, though.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
How are we supposed to continue it on, then? Although, if it didn't have an original story, then we can do whatever we want in that department.
There are little bits of Antago musings around, but I wouldn't say they'd make a good foundation for a story. I used to speak to him a lot while I was working on the project myself, and used to ask what the reasoning for adding ___ was. These usually amounted to "Stefan thought it would be a good idea" however, so everything is basically just random. The hard part is going to be making coherence from this, whilst keeping it the same server, pleasing both new and old players, and making it into an actual game.

This is what I meant earlier when I said it was unstructured.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
ppl acting like g2k1 never had a sequel itt
are you implying kingdoms was the sequel? lol.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
Okay. Hell, I'll make a guess at this one. 2k1 was an improvement on Classic by far. We had new things, new items, new things to do. Then we got Kingdoms. Z-Axis, more realistic looking graphics, an abundance of things to do, like Crafting and Building your house. Kingdoms, It was fun. Then there was that Graal 3D talk for a few months if that? We got that Christmas demo level or whatever--My computer at the time was unable to handle it, I didn't look much.

Well. I think what we want isn't something cloning the old or something completely new. But an improvement on the good gameplay we stuck around playing Graal for.

Fresh Graphics. Rework Current Gameplay. Continue to ask Graalians what they would like to see.

Some ideas I'm tossing out there.
-I loved having multiple race choices. Human/Bomy.
-I loved the diverse kingdom set-up. I felt like part of a group and was happy not to have 20 different guild tags.
-Boats and Hoes. Come on, Constructing and sailing those boats were awesome. And Farming--
-I'd like to see more Zelda-style gameplay. Like increases in strength (bracelets) to pick up larger rocks. The hammer as an item seemed to die away as well. Bombable walls? More unique gameplay through the course of "questing."
-Sparring. Honestly I haven't seen anything new. It still reminds me of the same ol' random arena's with change of view seating and two guys running around a badly tiled square attempting to dodge and S or Space the other guy.

I'd like to be addicted again, maybe enough to actually pay for my gold every month.

I played 2k1 and Kingdoms years ago and honestly I don't see anything worth paying for right now.

Weee!~
Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
You can maintain the scripted gani editor and also write an online bug tracker.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
You can maintain the scripted gani editor and also write an online bug tracker.
Also they could learn to build/bugfix gonstruct, that would be cool
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
This is the last time I'll really say anything towards this. There are so many issues with graal that I don't see how g2kanything is a solution. Granted a real fix of graal relies on stefan, but packages, updates, and help would make a world of a difference.

Now on the other side, if it is going to be g2kanything or nothing, stick with the g2k1 overworld, and same systems, then add updates to match the strong servers up now, then create your guys' own unique story.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
are you implying kingdoms was the sequel? lol.
was probably supposed to be, seeing as how it expanded on the kingdoms idea, market idea, etc.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
was probably supposed to be, seeing as how it expanded on the kingdoms idea, market idea, etc.
well i know for a fact it was, but i think it's better if we pretend it never existed. stealing crossfire and then slapping graal kingdoms over it was a horrible idea. "graal2002" was great before it was implemented.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
well i know for a fact it was, but i think it's better if we pretend it never existed. stealing crossfire and then slapping graal kingdoms over it was a horrible idea. "graal2002" was great before it was implemented.
ye, the alpha preview looked so promising and was fun too
Old 08-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
ye, the alpha preview looked so promising and was fun too
Yeah but we were kind of just ****ing around there, I do not even remember if we had anything playable at that point. The preview was more sustaining itself on expectations rather than actual content.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Yeah but we were kind of just ****ing around there, I do not even remember if we had anything playable at that point. The preview was more sustaining itself on expectations rather than actual content.
had boats~
Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
I fully support the GDT to develop graal2001 I'd even lend some of my own services if needed to the project.
100% agree with this. I used to be able to make levels, and wouldn't mind at all doing that. I also have pretty good knowledge of what people enjoyed on 2k1, and the things that were succesful and how they were executed. If 2k1 was going to be brought back I, along with ALOT of other people, would fully support all time being dedicated to it.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 08-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
I also like what James was saying and think that idea could be played off great. AS LONG AS CS/SURVIVOR are still around ;D. Feel like we should go back to the original 4 kingdoms, being Dustari, Zormite, Pirate Crew, and Samurai. None of these new bogus names that GK tried to pull off either. Oh, Karakaze too. Really, James' entire concept sounded perfect to me. 2k1 never had a storyline though, so lets not get too hardcore with it. Storyline basically was the bomys crashed on earth, there was some kingdoms, events, and an economy which has NEVER been replicated. Auctions on the regular, playerhouses (not stupid villas, having a small amt of PH's made owning one legit.) Pet bomys ;D, OLD BODIES....i dunno I can go on for hours.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad