Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
and a theoretical (AKA I actually do this) is I join players to classes that overwrite default functions, pass the callstack to a DB NPC that removes the player from that class and does intended behavior and re-joins them.

This scheme is a house of cards just waiting to collapse

Other solutions are a sort of nightmare scenario like monitoring the accounts folder for file modification times (there are hundreds of thousands of account files on UN) and require far too many resources for far too little benefit
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Not my idea of secure item systems.
I don't think this is a problem with a technical solution. If your scripters are halfway competent, they'll figure out a way to get around whatever roadblocks you've added. I'd rather spend time developing game content than trying to "secure" an item system. The real solution is managing and monitoring your staff team.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 AM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I don't think this is a problem with a technical solution. If your scripters are halfway competent, they'll figure out a way to get around whatever roadblocks you've added. I'd rather spend time developing game content than trying to "secure" an item system. The real solution is managing and monitoring your staff team.
So since that issue is universal, we can move on from that one and shift back towards the playerbase which is most likely what Stefan is trying not to expose the new community too. I don't blame him.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightslayer317 View Post
So since that issue is universal, we can move on from that one and shift back towards the playerbase which is most likely what Stefan is trying not to expose the new community too. I don't blame him.
To be honest I don't really think its any worse than iphone. And a ton of people form UN have played iphone by now, they've already been exposed.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
To be honest I don't really think its any worse than iphone. And a ton of people form UN have played iphone by now, they've already been exposed.
You are correct, however 1 occasional UN troll (or 2) would not really effect the iphone noob that much. After all they are iphone classic (which i believe means they are classic in those parts) so they are tough **** so they can deal with it. Throw a bunch of ugly troll faced UN kids at them (most of them are, yes I know sad but true) on their UN home server and the iphoners might just **** themselves off of Graal.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
Quote:
You are correct, however 1 occasional UN troll (or 2) would not really effect the iphone noob that much. After all they are iphone classic (which i believe means they are classic in those parts) so they are tough **** so they can deal with it. Throw a bunch of ugly troll faced UN kids at them (most of them are, yes I know sad but true) on their UN home server and the iphoners might just **** themselves off of Graal.
Haha, Welcome to any game with more then one generation of community evolution.

Yes, they feel they've established ground in the game's community in one root or another, so they feel they've become accustomed to the game as a whole in an adaptive sense.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Take Mystic for example, a player that has a sole reason only to troll and dig into other player's personal lives. Most of us oldbies just laugh at how pathetic he is but some of the newer players might be more sensitive to a player stepping outside the boundaries of an online game and stepping into a personal life.
Considering this guy is regarded as the worst GP on UN (and I have heard many stories), this is pretty funny.

But to answer your speculation of why Stefan won't disable observer mode, it's becausethere is really no proper way to place a gelat shop on Unholy Nation. At least half of the scripts are in GS1 and outdated (to my knowledge). Otherwise, if you insist on posting false facts about players being the reason (apparently you have a crush on me), then go ahead.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 06-14-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Haha, Welcome to any game with more then one generation of community evolution.

Yes, they feel they've established ground in the game's community in one root or another, so they feel they've become accustomed to the game as a whole in an adaptive sense.
It would be interesting to see how they would adapt to UN. Things on UN are a bit different than the sanctuary that is iClassic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Considering this guy is regarded as the worst GP on UN (and I have heard many stories), this is pretty funny.

But to answer your speculation of why Stefan won't disable observer mode, it's becausethere is really no proper way to place a gelat shop on Unholy Nation. At least half of the scripts are in GS1 and outdated (to my knowledge). Otherwise, if you insist on posting false facts about players being the reason (apparently you have a crush on me), then go ahead.
would you like some tissues?