Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned
Fysez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Unhappy Staff Block Glitch

So I came across a pretty bad glitch.
I've placed all around the Gmap, A ton of Staff Blocks with chat on them telling me what i'm going to need to add. They are everywhere.

Little did I know, Updating Staff Blocks would make it so i cannot delete them either. The only thing I changed was chat, So it had nothing to do with deleting them. I'm unable to delete any of these staff blocks what-so-ever.
Help?! It's pretty bad
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
This is not a bug with the game client. I'm going to request this be moved into the NPC scripting forum...

...and in that case, post all scripts involved. We can't possibly help you without information. There is no single staff block script; hundreds have existed throughout Graal's history.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
try chatting update level and delete them. If you don't have a delete function in your script already, then you've been silly and you'll need to go to RC and type /clearnpcs [your level or gmap] to get rid of them.

Example:
/clearnpcs mymap.gmap
/clearnpcs mylevel.nw
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
type /clearnpcs [your level or gmap] to get rid of them.
Note that this will remove all local DB NPCs on the level, which could have unintended consequences (but I doubt it will for your server). Ideally you want to edit your script to add some way to delete the blocks instead.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
This is not a bug with the game client. I'm going to request this be moved into the NPC scripting forum...

...and in that case, post all scripts involved. We can't possibly help you without information. There is no single staff block script; hundreds have existed throughout Graal's history.
Is their a way to Graal Generate another Gmap identically?
Using the colors I saw Graal Generate can also use
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Note that this will remove all local DB NPCs on the level, which could have unintended consequences (but I doubt it will for your server). Ideally you want to edit your script to add some way to delete the blocks instead.
If the NPC's are already layed down without a delete function in them, doesn't that make it impossible to delete them if you don't already have a delete function scripted into the class you're using?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 PM
the fake one
Quote:
If the NPC's are already layed down without a delete function in them, doesn't that make it impossible to delete them if you don't already have a delete function scripted into the class you're using?
No. You can destroy them via script (loop through npcs and call destroy()), or add something to their class (if they're joined to a class).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysez View Post
Is their a way to Graal Generate another Gmap identically?
Using the colors I saw Graal Generate can also use
Yes, but what are you trying to do? If you want to delete the blocks, then delete the blocks. If you want a new GMAP based on the original, that's a totally different topic (and deserving of its own forum thread in the levels forum).
Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Banned
Quote:
No. You can destroy them via script (loop through npcs and call destroy()), or add something to their class (if they're joined to a class).

Yes, but what are you trying to do? If you want to delete the blocks, then delete the blocks. If you want a new GMAP based on the original, that's a totally different topic (and deserving of its own forum thread in the levels forum).
The problem is, I have the destroy script. It was a glitch that if you update the level I found, It would perminantly stay their. That's what i'm trying to fix.
I thought maybe If i generated a new Gmap, It would delete them since they're images.

They don't show up in Offline Editor either.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 PM
the fake one
Quote:
The problem is, I have the destroy script. It was a glitch that if you update the level I found, It would perminantly stay their. That's what i'm trying to fix.
I thought maybe If i generated a new Gmap, It would delete them since they're images.
Still waiting on you to post your code. We can't help you unless you give us more information.

edit: thanks Tig for moving the thread; Fysez, please pay attention to where you're making threads.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned
I cannot
Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Banned
Just please tell me how to duplicate a Gmap...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Oh, sexy. Never thought about doing that.

Fysez, he's trying to help you here, there no need to be impatient.

You could use loadFolder() to get a list of the level names you need to clone from the folder you GMAP levels are located in, but you're going to have to find a way to create a new GMAP file with all of the level names sorted in order.

If there's an easier way to do it, I'm sure one of the more advanced scripters on the forums will be able to help you out.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Banned
Quote:
Oh, sexy. Never thought about doing that.

Fysez, he's trying to help you here, there no need to be impatient.

You could use loadFolder() to get a list of the level names you need to clone from the folder you GMAP levels are located in, but you're going to have to find a way to create a new GMAP file with all of the level names sorted in order.

If there's an easier way to do it, I'm sure one of the more advanced scripters on the forums will be able to help you out.
Well the reason I say I cannot share the script isn't because i'm being rude or don't want to post it in forums is because,
I figured maybe if I deleted the scripts, It would delete them all.
What was I thinking? I don't know.

I have a back-up folder in which I store scripts.
I didn't store this one x.x
Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I'm assuming you used putnpc2 to drop the npc then joined it to a class.

So, recreate the class? And maybe delete it when they enter the level.

function onPlayerEnters(){ this.destroy(); }

Its not a glitch, its your fault you didn't add a destroy() method.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:46 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Well the reason I say I cannot share the script isn't because i'm being rude or don't want to post it in forums is because,
I figured maybe if I deleted the scripts, It would delete them all.
What was I thinking? I don't know.

I have a back-up folder in which I store scripts.
I didn't store this one x.x
Then post this information in the original post. Trying to help you is like pulling teeth. How can we possibly help you if you don't give us any information? Unless there's something else you haven't told us, you don't need to recreate the GMAP, you need to delete the staff blocks.

You would benefit from reading this, especially the sections "Be precise and informative about your problem" and "Describe the goal, not the step".

To delete all staff blocks in a level, assuming all staff blocks have the image "block.png":

PHP Code:
// put this in a database NPC
function onCreated() {

temp.lvl findLevel("mygmap.gmap");

temp.lvlNPCs temp.lvl.npcs;

for (
temp.npc temp.lvlNPCs) {
    if (
temp.npc.img == "block.png") {

temp.npc.destroy();
    }
  }

Adjust the image check to work with your situation.

Last edited by Tigairius; 05-10-2012 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: links approved