Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Always yours
YourPirateChick is on a distinguished road
Kingdom Housing

So could it be possible to allow the leader of each kingdom (and only the leader) the ability to upgrade houses (2nd floor/cellar/renovation)? It could help, since the Kingdom leaders are on GK more often than the Admins/Mods. (Thats not a jab its just what I noticed)

Are there reasons why it isn't so? Just wondering. I'll admit I'm a bit bias on this since I sorta have a house I'd like upgrading and I can't get ahold of anyone to help me out.

Please don't use this thread to make attacks at anyone, I'm just trying to find some answers.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
It would be nice if kingdom leaders could do it, but then they would require an RC to upload the lvl to the server (If i'm correct). So maybe give another Admin the right to do it like Tig or Stephen or someone? I think this would definitely make things a **** load easier.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:25 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
The problem now is that people who design their houses have the ability to design in the same infrastructure server developers use. As a result it's very easy to include dangerous code (malicious, poorly written).

Because of that admins have to check the content before it is uploaded. If they created a in-game system to design your house and submit it for approval (in a predefined environment rather than the more open developing environment) it would be a lot more agile for the player.

Ultimately I would rather concentrate on the player than the administrators - make this system once and the most you'll have to do is improve it a little bit down the road. Otherwise you can forgot about it and let it do its job.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
If you're going to put in a malicious code, cover it with a plain black image while it's in the blackness outside the wall.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Always yours
I can understand what you're saying, but can just designing the inside of a house give some players a form of an upper hand? (I had no clue that was possible)

Side note, we could at least make it so that kingdom leaders (or another admin) could grant the 2nd floor or the cellar, as that has nothing to do with the player's hands. That might work.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
If you're going to put in a malicious code, cover it with a plain black image while it's in the blackness outside the wall.
There's a dialog to show all NPCs in the level. Failing that you can view NPC code if you open the level in a text editor.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:40 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Don't forget to setshape 1,0,0;
Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Always yours
I guess while I'm on the subject of the inside design of the house, is there anything I should try to avoid? taking up the whole space, putting outdoor items inside, etc.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure you get all your items out of your house or moved before you upload a new level, or they may end up in the walls. I lost a couple ice shields like that.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
Don't forget to setshape 1,0,0;
Doesn't the regular select all function work in the level editor still?
Old 07-21-2008, 07:16 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Doesn't make a difference; there's an F6 debugger to check scripts in level editor, and, on Utopia, I just looked through the NW file for scripts.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:59 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Should work if you know the exact position.

Most easy way to check for illegal scripts is still using the text editor.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Yeah, I figured.

The text editor also works pretty well for flattening out land in terraingen.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 AM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
The text editor also works pretty well for flattening out land in terraingen.
Indeed, it does.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166