Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Friend just started playing. (Improve?)

As the server is starting, while he was watching the preview, he said okay so what do I do now when they baddies started running out of the building. During the preview he has not hesitated to check Skype a few times, not watching a lot of the preview "which I actually like". After starting the scene with the woman carrying the baby he said how do I move.

Someone then called him and he asked me how do I stop it, I said P but it didn't work. I think he turned it off or minimized it, the sound stopped.

-He's trying to add his brother to his skype-
-starting-

He said I'm in a bed again, then ran out and was told aren't you forgetting something?

"Wtf am I forgetting?" lol

He started grabbing things and learned about from the one woman tab... Unsure if he took in the unstuck me part..

He then asked "What happened to my guns... I had two Uzis and a shotgun..."

-stopped for the call outside-

Not quite sure he knows what to do, but he is looking for sister Gertrude. -He left the room-

:[

Honestly, I'm making ZeroG make some stuff on frontier to help people learn the game cammands, and ... well they can be lost from there. lmao

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 05-07-2011 at 02:03 AM..
Old 05-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I've been keeping an eye on his "progress", and while I do have sympathy for his predicament, this would explain how he has somehow not taken in the numerous hints and explanations intended to prevent this type of thing from happening:

Quote:
David K? </3 (on Testbed Server) (Sat May 07 01:12:15 2011):
Apparently hes blind xD
Old 05-07-2011, 04:41 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I've been keeping an eye on his "progress", and while I do have sympathy for his predicament, this would explain how he has somehow not taken in the numerous hints and explanations intended to prevent this type of thing from happening:
lol I was just playing with that one, but he did get through the graveyard quest, and worked is way alone to Master Li's ... One of my/his friends got on and helped him around to get the suit, and do a fire quest.

So, he did get farther on Classic, and understood it better than the other two servers.. but still never taught him how to get to his player messages, pause, or get to the options which aren't necessarily needed...

Oddly enough he was also relentlessly attacked by someone throwing bushes and stalking him like the other two servers.. knowing the player limit that was striking and hilarious.. I think he killed the guy twice and died about twenty times..

Point is, he got farther on the server, and lasted for a few hours! :]

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Relentlessly killing noobs has been a part of Graal history since time began. One day he'll grow up (Graalianwise) and do the same himself. Its kinda like torturing your little sister/brother then they torture the next sibling that comes around .

Not saying its a good thing under the current circumstances but you can't change human nature.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:57 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
There are some people who just never do that (torturing youngsters) because they're aware that it is the ignorant thing to do.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
One day he'll grow up (Graalianwise) and do the same himself.
Or quit lol..

A tutorial would give them something to expect in different servers, and keep them on the game even after being relentlessly killed... which is why he kept playing Classic even after it. He has a semi-clue what to do next... But I must admit watching it was kind of hilarious for me.. The guy kept throwing bushes at him and wouldn't let my friend get close.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-07-2011, 08:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
There are some people who just never do that (torturing youngsters) because they're aware that it is the ignorant thing to do.
spoken like a true 'tortured'

Last edited by Crono; 05-08-2011 at 12:04 AM..
Old 05-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I would have quit graal pretty fast if I hadn't had friends to show me around it, and teach me about it.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I've taken/re-wrote alot of the messages within the old Tule Village tutorial and strategically scattered them around various places in game.
A main example would be a bookshelf explaining general/built-in plus custom button controls within Master Wong's.
An example of strategic placement would be a character explaining how to eat bombs and breathe fire on horses (plus where to find horses) outside of the police department building, where you'd likely encounter him through questing very soon after obtaining Bombs.

Hopefully this type of information would be taken in better as bits and pieces here and there rather than being a vast quantity of text within a single area.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Walls of text instructions are rarely read and normally forgotten quickly even when read.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Ninja of Classic
fa12 will become famous soon enough
Yeah who wants to read a "book" in a game :o