Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 01:48 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
If either of those two get control of GC, please, PLEASE turn it into an automated system. Neither of those two deserve the position. Rehire Terazel, he was the best admin behind Nighty. (sup Ter!)
Old 02-19-2010, 02:00 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Glad has been helping Thor with the redevelopment of the GC system, of course he's only been giving ideas, but still. I also think it's lame that your assuming he is going to be bad. From past expieriences with Glad, he's a great people person and I think he'd fit great for the job.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Ninja of Classic
fa12 will become famous soon enough
Ya but he has some gigantic shoes to fill like a few before have said.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa12 View Post
Ya but he has some gigantic shoes to fill like a few before have said.
True, but I think people should be more lenient on their judging. Night wasn't as good when he started, as he was when he was during the peak of his job. I think people should give Glad the time to adjust aswell. It's only natural for people to practice. Night was as good as he was mainly because of the length of his "reign".
Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchaseofdoom View Post
True, but I think people should be more lenient on their judging. Night wasn't as good when he started, as he was when he was during the peak of his job. I think people should give Glad the time to adjust aswell. It's only natural for people to practice. Night was as good as he was mainly because of the length of his "reign".
No, night was a great admin because he had a great attitude, great leadership/teamwork, and good control over GC (while he was active of course).

I think Gladius would do a fine job at GC admin. He just needs time to adjust.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
No, night was a great admin because he had a great attitude, great leadership/teamwork, and good control over GC (while he was active of course).

I think Gladius would do a fine job at GC admin. He just needs time to adjust.
You pretty much repeated what I said, but then said "no". Night needed time to adjust as well. Which was what I was saying throughout the post. Just not as simple.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:02 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Gladius doesn't have that leadership quality, and being able to lead is a natural trait not something learned over time. Storm did not have this trait, and looking at his extremely long tenure you can clearly he did not develop the skill.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:09 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchaseofdoom View Post
You pretty much repeated what I said, but then said "no". Night needed time to adjust as well. Which was what I was saying throughout the post. Just not as simple.
Oops. I misunderstood your post. I thought you said he was only good because he was there for so long.

I've been on the GC team with Gladius before. He can be pessimistic at times and give you really bland responses("shocking"), but he has good teamwork, creativity/uniqueness, and a good idea what GC needs.

Leadership qualities can be attained. It's called practice, and that comes with time.

If anyone should take the spot, it should be Clel. But with his activity, I just don't see him being GC Admin.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Being an admin doesn't necessarily require uber-leadership skills. It does require the ability to get the team focused on an obtainable goal, good communication, as well as planning/listen to what people want.

I've never really had to be a leader, so those qualities are largely untested so far. I don't plan to be a whip-cracking "do this or you're fired" kind of boss. I plan to hire people who want to do the job in a creative fashion, then let them do what they're good at doing. If they step beyond their boundaries, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, I'm going to let people do what they do and hopefully help Classic turn into a fun atmosphere again.

I'm definately going to need a good GC Dev team though, as my knowledge of scripts/levels/ganis/etc is fairly limited.

PS: leadership can be learned, otherwise NFL scouts/magazines wouldn't always state that "this QB needs to become a better leader in the locker-room for the upcoming season in order to take the next step." Tony Romo managed to do it, and thus the Cowboys finally won a playoff game after a decade-long drought. Hopefully I can follow in his footsteps to some degree.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I think it should be mentioned that with the current situation of the server you can't expect immediate results from a new non-developmental Admin, in the case of GC there is a bit of planning to do, and it's still possible that we could have Team Events running purely for fun on an organised basis which wouldn't require as large a GC Team as has been the case a few times previously.

Having said that Gladius was the obvious choice for me, he has been reasonably active for a period of a few years inwhich he had both hosted and participated within events, he has often contributed ideas for improvements/new events/new tools, he had organised the CTF League and even created a website full of information and advise on playing CTF, when an issue arrises he tends to look at the matter from both points of view and be reasonable and mature with his opinions and is generally a good person to work with (which I believe is a key attribute of Leadership).
Old 02-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
if he would have stuck around and stayed strong, i think sting darkmane, had he continued his tenure with Night as Asst. GC Admin to now, would be the optimal replacement for night had sting developed a talent in a development field along the lines.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint