Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
My top 10 suggestions for the next update

Here are some simple updates I would like to suggest. I didn't put them in the Quarter 1 thread because there's a lot of stuff here:

1. Lights in houses stay on permanently unless shut off somehow. (Perhaps by double-clicking, or a 'clap on, clap off' type deal. LOL)

2. Fixes made on recipe book names. (I don't know if this is still an issue, but some books had names like "Water of the Wise of Ruby" and stuff like that.)

3. Lore books fixed to actually be relevant to the game. (Many of them refer to archetypes that were never implemented.)

4. Fixes for strange ability types:

Levitation (Should probably do something or be removed. It's only on one item that no one ever sees anyway.)

Reflect Spells (This has never worked, and would be way too powerful if it did. Removal would be the best answer.)

Stealth (Makes player semi-transparent or gives them the ability to 'hide,' turning off the display for their name, kingdom icon, and any other crap that might be floating around them other than text.)

5. Fixes for the following attack types:

Drain (Drains a player's SP with each hit. Same effect as Mana Drain or whatever.)

Paralyzation (A player's 'stunned' animation when hurt would last longer.)

Fear (Lowered AC)

Life Stealing (Steal life from another player equal to 1/2 the damage you do to them. Full damage would be a little overpowered.)

Confusion (Player has a chance of damaging himself with melee when under confusion, while spells get muddled for mages, kind of like when you screw up scrolls.)

Depletion (Drains a player's Grace with each hit.)

Slow (Player slowed by 20 or 30 percent of current speed.)

Blinding (Lowered WC)

Ghosthit (I actually have no idea of what this could do. Why do we have it, again?)

Also, it would be awesome to see little status effect icons that pop up, or visual effects that indicate something's happened to you.

6. Improvements for the following spells:

Consecration (Allows you to pray over the altars of other gods while the spell effect lasts. Removed before because it screwed up the altar archetypes.)

Vitriol (Should be released as it is now on Debug. It's just a standard cone-shaped poison spell now, instead of being the item-wrecker it was when Zoe used it.)

Call Holy Servant / Summon Cult Monsters (It should either summon something or be taken out completely. I guarantee you it wouldn't be missed.)

Summon Avatar (As per the suggestion in the other thread about it.)

Command Undead (Now that we actually have more undead than just skeletons, could we use this to charm zombies and stuff?)

Create Missile (The ability to make arrows based on the improved attack types would rock.)

Light (Creates a little light over players, similar to the halloween glow. Or putting it over the wand after casting would be sweet too.)

Missile Swarm (Needs to do damage.)

Create Pool of Chaos (Unless there's a cool animation that could be made for this, just remove it. Again, not something that will be missed.)

Banishment (Needs to have its damage nerfed to be a tiny bit more powerful than Holy Word, but not enough to insta-kill undead things.)

Faery Fire (Should have an animation, or be removed. It would be cool to see it like a version of firebolt or burning hands that produces blue, green, violet, and pink flames, though. )

Probe (Makes enemy info pop up in the message field.)

Dark Vision (A much larger light covers the player. This is just for visual effect, really.)

Turn Undead (Should actually do damage to undead.)

Ball Lightning (Would be nice if it were made into a standard spell instead of scrolls-only. It's not that strong.)

Meteor Swarm (Would be nice if you could cast it from scrolls or potions only. After all, we have potions of firestorm still. Meteor Swarm is currently a three-fireball cone like burning hands, so would it be possible to update it to a 5-fireball cone? That way, it'd kind of be unique and useful.)

Holy Wrath (Rarely causes damage, and when it does work, it's incredibly weak.)

Insect Plague (I think someone was pushing for this to do poison damage and follow people around. That would be awesome.)

Daylight (If it can't be made to control the day-night effect, why not just make it like dark vision and light, only it covers an incredibly wide area.)

Other Prayers (I'm not sure what else needs fixing, but just run through them and see which ones seem kinda pointless. If they seem like they're more trouble to fix than they're worth, ditch 'em.)

7. Item improvements:

Ogma's Bracers (Nerf the hell out of them until they have normal stats, then release them so Ogma users will quit crying.)

Aengus' Bow (The main complaint I've heard is that it's very inaccurate. People have waited a long time for its release. Do it some justice.)

PMoP / FHoM (Yeah, I know.)

Rucksacks (It would be nice to see them craftable. Maybe require a lot of materials like 100+ cloth or something. They're really damn handy.)

Bracers (Since bracers don't stack with armor, can the old AC-only bracers be re-released as craftables or through the event shop again? They're pretty much what mages should be using for armor.)

Samurai Bracers (These things were severely nerfed, and I don't really know the story behind why that is.)

Bookshelves (These can't seem to hold many books. The weight limit is really low on them for some reason.)

8. Release more newbie gear, or raise the speed caps / stats on default newbie equipment. (The jump from crappy gear to half-way decent gear is almost entirely dependent upon whether or not you have event items. It would be cool to see mid-grade stuff you can craft.)

9. Too many extra dungeons. (Why not just link the dungeon exits directly to each island instead of all the extra dungeons? I don't see those ever being used until something is put in them, which could take a while. All people do is immediately unstick when they enter, so why not just save 'em for later?)

10. The return of traps in the main dungeon. (I don't ever see them anymore. I used to accidentally run into them all the time. Some simple spikes and other things would be pretty neat to see again.)

Last edited by Draenin; 01-03-2009 at 07:22 AM..
Old 01-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
Take out ferries! They ruin ship battles.

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Good suggestions Drae, i agree with near enough all of them. I don't agree that lights in houses should stay up forever, terribly unrealistic, i could allow new light sources or tools that keeps houses lit for longer, say, a week or a month even.
Keeping with the subject of houses, i'd like to see a scroll introduced which strengthens the con of ones house to say 10x-25x more. Thus allowing players to have extended breaks or cut their house costs by alot more. Many items get lost due to houses collapsing.
I'd also like to see houses NOT collapse, why? It's unrealistic for a house to just vanish, i think it would be better if the house lost it's security and anyone could raid it for what the innactive/uncaring owner left in it. This would keep items from being simply 'lost' and lucky players would enjoy the loot

I myself would like to see Bile's curses/afflictions have their immunity removed, that would also include ogma's Rabies.
Yes, everyone knows about the fr0 incident with rabies, however its simple enough to not have it be contageous and with all the godly afflictions, disappear after death or else keep stayin in effect until someone is cured of it. Currently it simply stays in effect forever unless cured, but if not, stays with the person (they develop immunity) but effects disappear and they can't be cured of it.

Some will cry that Bile is already strong but you might aswell not have those curses if they're a 1-time-use-only thing...
Old 01-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon
Keeping with the subject of houses, i'd like to see a scroll introduced which strengthens the con of ones house to say 10x-25x more.
Yeah. The house population definitely dropped off after Reiko did a tag wipe for Samurai a long time ago, as well as when Alan resigned from Pirates. I miss having really dense cities.
Quote:
I'd also like to see houses NOT collapse, why? It's unrealistic for a house to just vanish, i think it would be better if the house lost it's security and anyone could raid it for what the innactive/uncaring owner left in it. This would keep items from being simply 'lost' and lucky players would enjoy the loot
Yeah, uh, no. Houses need to die at some point. It's very realistic for houses to collapse after being dilapidated for so long. You know what's unrealistic, though? The locks on a house suddenly popping off for absolutely no reason at all.
Quote:
I myself would like to see Bile's curses/afflictions have their immunity removed, that would also include ogma's Rabies.
It would be cool to see ghosthit replaced with a disease resistance. That would even make sense for Brigid and other stuff that has a negative resistance to ghosthit. Only thing is, some disease spells are already stupidly powerful at low levels, so they'd need to be slightly nerfed or players with a negative resist might be insta-killed.

Last edited by Draenin; 01-03-2009 at 07:16 AM..
Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Yeah, uh, no. Houses need to die at some point. It's very realistic for houses to collapse after being dilapidated for so long. You know what's unrealistic, though? The locks on a house suddenly popping off for absolutely no reason at all.
Alright they should die, but not after there's a period where they can be literally raided... i hate that items can just 'disappear' because the house owner was innactive or too poor to keep it alive.

Quote:
It would be cool to see ghosthit replaced with a disease resistance. That would even make sense for Brigid and other stuff that has a negative resistance to ghosthit. Only thing is, some disease spells are already stupidly powerful at low levels, so they'd need to be slightly nerfed or players with a negative resist might be insta-killed.
I have no idea what ghosthit was supposed to do, i'm guessing it was meant to be another sort of elemental attack, like Electricity/Fire/Ice but a supernatural hit which resistance to it is pretty rare.

I don't think there's such as thing as resist disease, i think that comes under resist death or something. Diseases aren't really all that overpowered... my red/black death doesnt damage much its just the constant hits that get to people, oh and the speed nerf. Maybie they should be made alot more dependant on wis level since i'm only lvl 24wis.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Alright they should die, but not after there's a period where they can be literally raided... i hate that items can just 'disappear' because the house owner was innactive or too poor to keep it alive.
Oh pleeze. You're just trying to justify robbing people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I have no idea what ghosthit was supposed to do, i'm guessing it was meant to be another sort of elemental attack, like Electricity/Fire/Ice but a supernatural hit which resistance to it is pretty rare.

I don't think there's such as thing as resist disease, i think that comes under resist death or something. Diseases aren't really all that overpowered... my red/black death doesnt damage much its just the constant hits that get to people, oh and the speed nerf. Maybie they should be made alot more dependant on wis level since i'm only lvl 24wis.
Resist death doesn't have to do with diseases. I have 100 resist death, and I can still get sick. Resist death lowers the chance you'll be insta-killed by Bile weapons and so on. And diseases are dependent on Wis level. When Fr0 cast rabies and screwed half the server for a week or two, that's why it was so potent.

Also, I have the feeling ghosthit is basically the same concept as Ghost Touch in D&D, but Kingdoms doesn't really have any support for corporeal / incorporeal creatures which could be affected by it.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Oh pleeze. You're just trying to justify robbing people.
Shhh

Quote:
Resist death doesn't have to do with diseases. I have 100 resist death, and I can still get sick. Resist death lowers the chance you'll be insta-killed by Bile weapons and so on. And diseases are dependent on Wis level. When Fr0 cast rabies and screwed half the server for a week or two, that's why it was so potent.

Also, I have the feeling ghosthit is basically the same concept as Ghost Touch in D&D, but Kingdoms doesn't really have any support for corporeal / incorporeal creatures which could be affected by it.
Well ghosthit should act like another type of elemental attack, breeding new weapons. Currently we only have Fire/Ice/Electricity/Weaponmagic that hurts players beyond phyiscal damage, exactly why physical only weapons or ones like TG and Xmas flame don't hit w/o gov blessing or someone w/o 99phys resist (hard to find).
Old 01-04-2009, 12:23 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Replace ghosthit with some means to defend against weaponmagic.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Well ghosthit should act like another type of elemental attack, breeding new weapons. Currently we only have Fire/Ice/Electricity/Weaponmagic that hurts players beyond phyiscal damage, exactly why physical only weapons or ones like TG and Xmas flame don't hit w/o gov blessing or someone w/o 99phys resist (hard to find).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345
Replace ghosthit with some means to defend against weaponmagic.
You guys seem confused as to what Weaponmagic and Ghosthit really are.

Weaponmagic is the equivalent to Magic Weapon enhancements in D&D. For each + you have on your weapon, your WC is raised, allowing you to break AC much more easily. These points also get added to your damage. There's no sort of special power associated with Weaponmagic. There's no resistance to weaponmagic because weaponmagic (Your weapon's enhancement) is vs. AC, not a resistance. It's just a standard untyped WC enhancement that stacks. I don't get why that concept is so hard for everyone to grasp.

Ghosthit is the equivalent to Ghost Touch enhancements in D&D. It's used to hit incorporeal creatures. That is, creatures without a tangible form. In order for a player to actually be hit by a weapon with that enhancement, they would have to be ghosts or something similar. (Which I'm sure is entirely possible, given that Graal's engine supports 'ghosts' anyway. ;] )

Also, blinding on the Xmas Flame and Tainted Grace doesn't work because there's no effect implemented for it. Blinding is an affliction like poison is.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
You guys seem confused as to what Weaponmagic and Ghosthit really are.

Weaponmagic is the equivalent to Magic Weapon enhancements in D&D. For each + you have on your weapon, your WC is raised, allowing you to break AC much more easily. These points also get added to your damage. There's no sort of special power associated with Weaponmagic. There's no resistance to weaponmagic because weaponmagic (Your weapon's enhancement) is vs. AC, not a resistance. It's just a standard untyped WC enhancement that stacks. I don't get why that concept is so hard for everyone to grasp.

Ghosthit is the equivalent to Ghost Touch enhancements in D&D. It's used to hit incorporeal creatures. That is, creatures without a tangible form. In order for a player to actually be hit by a weapon with that enhancement, they would have to be ghosts or something similar. (Which I'm sure is entirely possible, given that Graal's engine supports 'ghosts' anyway. ;] )

Also, blinding on the Xmas Flame and Tainted Grace doesn't work because there's no effect implemented for it. Blinding is an affliction like poison is.
Don't play D&D
Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 PM
()
Vulgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vulgar
Remove Chaos Pool? How about just change it, some of my best memorys are stacking that outside trade with the old magic system.
- Poison cloud doesn't seem to poison when you hit someone
- Runes need a buff because right now they sorta fail.
- Black death isn't effected by Brigid's curse, I'm not sure about rabies and other and red death. I'm pretty sure one of those other 2 aren't effected either.
- Make it so avatars and Summons can attack players again and each other, I miss having avatar wars, I don't miss being biled by them though ;[. While on the subject of avatars I think you should be able to control them like you were the avatar but that should also make your character extra vulnerable or something.
- Confusion should either make you lose control of your characters movement for a moment or make your next attack/cast in the next 3 seconds have a chance to back fire.
- Poison needs nerf, first person to poison = win.
- Blinding should be like labyrinth like they had it on maloria but the blinded area shouldn't be as small.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:47 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm
I'm sorry, I'm paying for a Graalonline Gold subscription, not DnD. I wasn't aware GK was required to have all of their affects on the same bar as DnD's.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I'm sorry, I'm paying for a Graalonline Gold subscription, not DnD. I wasn't aware GK was required to have all of their affects on the same bar as DnD's.
Have to agree with Pojo, if you were mentioning crossfire i might understand but i don't know why DnD is involved.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
Remove Chaos Pool? How about just change it, some of my best memorys are stacking that outside trade with the old magic system.
- Poison cloud doesn't seem to poison when you hit someone
- Runes need a buff because right now they sorta fail.
- Black death isn't effected by Brigid's curse, I'm not sure about rabies and other and red death. I'm pretty sure one of those other 2 aren't effected either.
- Make it so avatars and Summons can attack players again and each other, I miss having avatar wars, I don't miss being biled by them though ;[. While on the subject of avatars I think you should be able to control them like you were the avatar but that should also make your character extra vulnerable or something.
- Confusion should either make you lose control of your characters movement for a moment or make your next attack/cast in the next 3 seconds have a chance to back fire.
- Poison needs nerf, first person to poison = win.
- Blinding should be like labyrinth like they had it on maloria but the blinded area shouldn't be as small.
I semi agree with poison needing to be nerfed, w/o it how it is now, speed mages like dustin wouldn't have many weaknesses since their immune from the top 3 diseases already. But in a spar, melee vs melee, poison is key and i dont think it should be like that. However it doesnt mean win, storm and me can still fight being poisoned. It's just annoying with the knockback.

I have an idea about runes, some of you may have to play Tibia to know where i got it. Runes should be inscribable but not in scrolls, in special tablets and where as very few spells can be put onto scrolls, runes should be mainly for battle but since that = abuse (imagine someone shooting 100 large bullets by clicking 100times on their pre-made runes). So there would be a large cooldown, like a rod but you can just charge it easily and up to 100charges or so depending on the spell.

With avatars, i think my idea beats that. Still the attacking other avatars and players would be good to have back.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Drae's first big long post.
Ok.