Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Sorry to notify you dusty, but Graal just can't handle all that awesome.
It's people like you who stand in the way of big ideas. I think that this is not only a good idea, but is possible. You post all over the place saying that "Graal Sucks" even though you play it all the time? Honestly, if you don't like Graal then do not play it.

Glad Stefan is looking at this

Also, maybe you could release another tileset type that has tiles that drawoverplayer and can be easily scripted to perform certain ganis when you are standing on them? And yeah, bigger tilesets would be fantastic
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
I’m Glador and I approve this message.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Maybe you could release another tileset type that has tiles that drawoverplayer and can be easily scripted to perform certain ganis when you are standing on them? And yeah, bigger tilesets would be fantastic
Confused towards your logic here.

Tiles that draw over the player could not be stood on. Bigger tilesets I agree with but seriously that first bit just threw me for a loop. You can script the area you want to be touched to cause gani changes pretty easily.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Confused towards your logic here.

Tiles that draw over the player could not be stood on. Bigger tilesets I agree with but seriously that first bit just threw me for a loop. You can script the area you want to be touched to cause gani changes pretty easily.
He simply wants "real" layers. For example in Link to the Past many dungeons has multiple layers. So if you were in the higher layer of the level only the tiles of that layer blocked, and monsters could walk under(and thus through) you. However you could be under a layer that monsters are on and they wouldn't see you, for example.

A simple example of this would be a bridge that you can walk over and under, simply comprised of tiles. Because of this you'd also need to associate a layer with the player though(for example a players default layer would be 0, but it could be increased when a player goes ontop of a bridge, for example).

Either way these have nothing to do with animated tiles and have their own threads :P
Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
He simply wants "real" layers. For example in Link to the Past many dungeons has multiple layers. So if you were in the higher layer of the level only the tiles of that layer blocked, and monsters could walk under(and thus through) you. However you could be under a layer that monsters are on and they wouldn't see you, for example.

A simple example of this would be a bridge that you can walk over and under, simply comprised of tiles. Because of this you'd also need to associate a layer with the player though(for example a players default layer would be 0, but it could be increased when a player goes ontop of a bridge, for example).

Either way these have nothing to do with animated tiles and have their own threads :P
Can't we have both?

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Can't we have both?
Ya, but I've posted about those very things before as well :P I'd rather not muddle it in with something like this that's completely unrelated.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
It's people like you who stand in the way of big ideas. I think that this is not only a good idea, but is possible. You post all over the place saying that "Graal Sucks" even though you play it all the time? Honestly, if you don't like Graal then do not play it.

Glad Stefan is looking at this

Also, maybe you could release another tileset type that has tiles that drawoverplayer and can be easily scripted to perform certain ganis when you are standing on them? And yeah, bigger tilesets would be fantastic
I'm not saying it can never happen dude. I'm just saying it isn't possible right now, due to the lag it would cause. Don't jump to conclusions...
Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
dusty 4 graal v6 coder
Old 02-03-2011, 01:39 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ya, but I've posted about those very things before as well :P I'd rather not muddle it in with something like this that's completely unrelated.
Animated tiles should definitely be the priority lol
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.