Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2005, 02:52 PM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
The Limiting of Trial Accounts

Ok, the arrogance, of the typical trial person has reached its final line with me. So now I am going to propose limiting the play of trial accounts.

1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Graal Online Site
The main purpose of this Trial Mode is to make sure you can successfully install and run the Graal game client on your computer. Secondly, this gives you a chance to check out what Graal worlds look like before you decide on a subscription plan.
This means that the purpose of a trial account is to TEST THE GAME AND MAKE SURE IT WORKS. NOT TO CONSTANTLY USE IT FOR PLAY. So I propose we put a limit on trial play. 2 hours a day. 8 hours a week. and 30 days. Once they hit the 30 day mark the account expires and they can no longer play without reupgrading.
This will help in two ways:
1: Giving graal more income.
2: Less arrogant trials who can't afford the game.

Those of you who still play graal have most likely have had a run-in with the common trial newbie. You know, about 8-10 years old, think they're all that, usually cracking a sexist and/or racist joke, and tend to annoy the players who PAY for the game and want to have a good time playing it. Those of us who have stuck hundreds of dollars into this game are sick of it. Had the trial account of existed when i had started playing I wouldn't of paid! It's Bull****. We need to stop this. They're ruining the fun of the game for everyone. The common players and even the staff...

So Unixmad, Stefan, Spark, Ibonic, Lyndzy, and anyone else associated with accounts, you people should get together and discuss this because a lot of us are getting sick of it.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:11 PM
MC_GUNNER is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MC_GUNNER
no more talk. more action needs to be done.

something needs to be done. im sure that those that have paid constantly e-upgrading their account for VIP know that the typical laming newbie will turn up within a few tiles. well on Classic most of us more experienced players with VIP or just a normal P2P know that something needs to be done about these annoying and ignorant un-polite newbie's who think that Laming is a good way to make themselves more popular within the urban popularity.

I am sure that when i talk about this, i am talking for the other thousands of Graal Experienced players who have come accross the average laming newbie who the that he " ownes " you and all that he or she is doing is laming and breaking the chances of you winning Events. i speak for all when i say that something needs to be done and yes i agree with Urban on this. Trial accounts should be banned from events because untill they buy the p2p or VIP account, they are just going to stop us more experienced players from getting what we deserve for paying 44 - 53 $ for Graal. i am sure by now that you are pretty much convinced and want something done. well then please contact Stefan or Unixmad or the Manager of the server you come from and tell him about this issue. remember that withought you, this would remain a mysery of our Graal enjoyment.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:15 PM
MisterMarre is on a distinguished road
Disable Trial accounts for now, or reinstate GHOSTmode on graal again
Old 10-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Guest Mode.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMarre
Disable Trial accounts for now, or reinstate GHOSTmode on graal again
The problem with ghost mode is that a person cannot really experiance the gameplay.

I do agree that trial accounts are becoming a problem, not all trials.
The problem is people who are really not new to Graal (for the most part), who make a bunch of trial accounts just to harrass people and cause trouble on servers. Then you have some trials who are new, and try to copy other people to be cool (mostly very young kids).
There are those who make trial accounts, getting banned constantly, then making new accounts...and alot of times there is nothing to do because of a large range in IP's except keep banning every trial the person gets on (which most staff don't want to bother with).

It is sad that the people who do this, ruins it for the decent trials who are actually on a trial to experiance and play the game.

This problem lies within the reasons why I quit my Management position on NP. In my opinion, something needs to be done to keep players from making mega trial accounts (ideally, people should only be allowed one trial) to keep getting on when they get banned, and if that cannot be done, then seriously limiting trials needs to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Guest Mode.
That is a good idea, if there would be a way to disable it for trouble makers.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Unholy Nation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
It's already made on Graal if you notice on the v4 login screen. I'm guessing there is a way to ban that certain computer from GraalOnline, though we are not sure how to yet!
Old 10-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
It's already made on Graal if you notice on the v4 login screen. I'm guessing there is a way to ban that certain computer from GraalOnline, though we are not sure how to yet!
Yes, I know
Use your magic, and figure it out!
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Unholy Nation
Quote:
Yes, I know
Use your magic, and figure it out!
Hm.

*Uses Magic*

Where is Spark911 to ask?!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:59 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Computer ID. And there won't be many 'trouble makers' who will know how to spoof it. Plus, the system Stefan has set up (where he has computer IDs saved as an index on the servers) sounds pretty good.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Owner - Kudosai
DarkFireXZ3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via AIM to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via MSN to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkFireXZ3
I say just get rid of the Trial feature and only allow the Guest mode, It saves time and may force alot of annoyence to be gone.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:37 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Either keep trial accounts the way they are or go back to pre-june 2002 graal.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFireXZ3
I say just get rid of the Trial feature and only allow the Guest mode, It saves time and may force alot of annoyence to be gone.
I agree, at least people wouldn't be able to make a bunch of different accounts
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
I actually strongly disagree with this, as it will lower the player count greatly and harm the community.

Instead of practically forcing people to pay money to play the game, why not just offer them more incentives to do so?

Think about it like this: Why would anyone want to spend the money on Graal, when they could pay for any other number of games out there with much larger communities? What is there, besides simplicity, to draw a new player to this game? Nothing, really. Part of the simplicity is the ability to play without paying, if you wish.

Doing something like this would literally be a nail in the coffin.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 10-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Drakus4 is on a distinguished road
or you could limit it so that only 1 account per IP adress could be made rather than 1 per e-mail...if anybody has gmail they could simply send them selves as many invites as they want, and create a trial account. If you set it to an ip then it would be much more difficult for them to make multiple accounts, this would cut down on all the people who have payed and make an account for harrasmentm, to cheat/hack on, or to use as a guinua pig for kills. bounty, spar rating, money, and other such things.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakus4
or you could limit it so that only 1 account per IP adress could be made rather than 1 per e-mail...if anybody has gmail they could simply send them selves as many invites as they want, and create a trial account. If you set it to an ip then it would be much more difficult for them to make multiple accounts, this would cut down on all the people who have payed and make an account for harrasmentm, to cheat/hack on, or to use as a guinua pig for kills. bounty, spar rating, money, and other such things.
many people have IP addresses that change, and if you make it for one IP address, the person may not be able to log on at times (for some people, the entire address changes) so this wouldn't work out too well. oh, and btw, people HATE playing as ghosts, I have tried to get my friends to play my server with trial accounts, and they hate the ghost thing, to the point that they have lost intrest. You don't want people to loose intrest in graal. Maybe set up a PK protection thing, they cant kill other people, and other people cant PK them. That way, people cant use them to boost stats etc. (although, you could do this on your own server on your own)