Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
The Global Development Team: Informations

Because a little reminder cannot hurt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell
The role of the GDT:

*First and foremost your responsibilities and role should be to the global community itself.

*Striving to provide better documentation in your field of specialization. The wiki leaves a lot to be desired and it could be considered a gdt project to help clean it up. Scripters should help to provide high quality reference material both in the form of raw reference tables and in prose. Tutorials are also good. Graphic artists and levellers can also contribute tutorials which show how to create specific effects and reduce errors.

*Helping those who need it. That means being in the front line when people need your help. You have been given a global development team tag, please use it when you are able to. We've also set up the irc channel at #graaldt on irc.freenode.net; your participation would be nice.

*Helping with server projects. Sometimes staff from a server may call upon you for advice or even for a helping hand. If you feel a requested project is reasonable, feel free to participate. If you don't feel it's reasonable for you, suggest people who may be interested, gdt members or otherwise. The important thing is to remember you are not obligated; the gdt are not slave labourers and shouldn't be taken for granted. However, the local management still has final say on any matters. It is not your role to be involved in administrative duties in any way.

*Providing core packages which people can use to rapid prototype servers. Create public content (core packages) that could be used on all servers.

*Serve as a bridge between stefan and graal's development community. This involves recommending features that are generally desired and creating demonstrations of features that have been added by stefan.

*Serve as advisers to developers and playerworld management. This would involve evaluating content or just giving general tips about development in general.

*Respect the privacy of the server. Do not share information with other servers that you see.

For those interested in applying we've broke it down into 4 general areas. Scripting, graphics, levels and gani's. While many of you have multiple talents this is for organizational purposes and whats considered the primary talent. We will attempt to provide members to help in all areas of development. We've attempted to make the application process simple, but you must bear in mind that not all of us are aware of your capabilites so in many cases an application process is required.
Hello and welcome to the official information thread of the Global Development Team ! I will provide all informations you guys need about the GDT and how we will process.

Applications:
-They will be reviewed every single day by myself and sent to a random existing member of the GDT, depending on the area of expertise, for a second review and opinion.

How existing and future members will work in the team:
-GDT Members are free to work on anything they want. I will review weekly what everyone is doing.
Busy GDT Members will need to send a little document back to me where everything they have done will be written for me to review, and this every 2 weeks.

How to join:
Below is the official global development team application. Please email your applications responses to [email protected]
or submit through the guild control panel:here. We will follow up on applications that pique our interest.

--->Application.txt<--- (click to download)

A few other requirements:
-Be somewhat active on forums
-Be as active as possible on the GDT's IRC Channel

If you got any other question about the GDT, feel free to forum pm me.
All other informations existing members of the GDT need to know will be posted in the GDT subforum.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Glad to see you're making some stuff public. I'd also like to recommend:
  • The list of GDT members (which may not be up-to-date) contains people with no examples of work or contact information, which eliminates part of the GDT's goal.
  • Maintaining a public list of projects being done.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Can we already get a moratorium on GDT-related threads until you guys have some actual progress to share?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:08 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Can we already get a moratorium on GDT-related threads until you guys have some actual progress to share?
At the very least, there's this release.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
I'd just like to point out that there are some moderate contradictions in the description of what a GDT member's job is and there is no real indication of how things may or may not take priority (with the exception of the broad statement listed as Role #1).

Take that observation how you will, so long as it's not offensively.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Someone add this to my entry on the member list.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:27 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Someone add this to my entry on the member list.
Done !

Last edited by Soala; 02-28-2010 at 01:39 AM.. Reason: whoooops, fixed.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:33 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Nice to see some general information about the GDT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
Done.
use the quote feature next time (:
Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Would someone be willing to add my email to the contact info? [email protected]

Not sure if it matters, but could add that I'm current manager of UN, too.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
Would someone be willing to add my email to the contact info? [email protected]

Not sure if it matters, but could add that I'm current manager of UN, too.
done
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 PM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
done
Thank you, very much.