Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:54 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Make leveling as a group worthy with difficult level bosses. Maybe add in a new system item feature like a Diablo II theme.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Leveling is currently more like an obstacle than anything.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Blaire Deviant
xXMonkeyManXx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Yay finally the prestige classes get removed !
Umm excuse me? I Love the prestige classes. I love Runeprowler, Timeweaver, Dragoon and Freelancer.
I don't understand why at all you would want these gone, they add alot to Zodiac and give more options to players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig132 View Post
It takes less than a day to get max level and max cmps, how is that not a problem..
Umm what? Less then a day? Name one person who has gotten to 60 and maxed cmp'ed in one day. Not to mention if you need a masser, you can't possibly expect there to be one there.

Quote:
Make leveling harder, alot harder. Possibly increase the level cap so its not just a rush to level 60 and then pk.

Get rid of CMPs. Current zodiac, you can only pk if you are level 60 with max cmps.
I woudn't say make it extremly harder. Just a little if you catch what i'm saying. I like the leveling system, but it is a little to easy....ish.

I agree with the whoe getting rid of CMP.

If staff does and maybe will deside to get rid of CMP, let us chose the Element of out choice when we /creset (class reset) and when we /reset (Completly reset that char to level 1) Other wise, being stuck with fire for everything would kind of suck.

I also think you should make it so that not everyone can be rich instantly, and I also think that you shoudl delete completly all the "Battlemaster" and "Nightblade's" and "Archmage's". It's completly unfair how not eveyrone can afford that, and without it you don't stand a chance at pking.

Another thing, make it extremly hard to be rich. So we don't have millionare's running around with well millione's while the poor get erm... "poorer" and the rich get richer.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 06-02-2009 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: Quad post..
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Prestige classes are getting removed because they're more trouble than they're actual worth.

We also plan on implement some economy aspects to the game as well (Job Systems).
Old 06-02-2009, 12:59 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
I've gotten to 60 with pretty much max cmps in a day...all you need is a vamp fang and a Vampire race and you're set to 60. This in itself is a problem
Old 06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Blaire Deviant
xXMonkeyManXx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Prestige classes are getting removed because they're more trouble than they're actual worth.
Oh ok, i see what you mean. I'm happy with my Mage anyway.

Quote:
I've gotten to 60 with pretty much max cmps in a day...all you need is a vamp fang and a Vampire race and you're set to 60. This in itself is a problem

Well yes, that's if you got vamp fang and vamp race, otherwise it's pretty hard.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 06-03-2009 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: Seriously, you gotta stop with the multiple posts.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to get some thing straight, these changes will only take affect in Zodiac V2 AFTER a reset.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Moving on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Zeratul101 View Post
Suggesting to make leveling harder is not the brightest of all ideas.
However, making leveling FUNNER should be high priority.
I agree with you 100%. Right now the leveling system is boring to the extent were you want to just fall asleep. Other than following the same lineup for leveling,i.e; Lich's -> Vamps -> Elves -> Drags -> Glads -> SDs -> Feral, there should be a wider selection on were players want to level, not adding the same NPCs somewhere else, I'm talking about a completely different dungeon.

Leveling is too easy also, I mean players can just sit on the side and let someone mass for them. Maybe EXP should be evenly distributed depending on how many people are in your party, therefore having a advantage and disadvantage.

But let's not focus on leveling only, how about other things out there such as . . . New Suffixes/Prefixes, Item names ETC.
I was thinking of having more than 1 line of armor for classes, since Zodiac V2 is going to have a higher player count than it should have a wider selection in what armor you want to use. For example, other than the same o'l Manawoven, maybe there can be another type of Level 55 Mage armor with higher defense and has an additional stat.
With this you can also throw in some rare armor, like "Berserker armor" which ANY class can use, but gives a lot of defense!
Those "Rare" armor's can be powerful but what are the chances of one actually dropping? Especially from the hardest bosses in the game!

Last edited by WaDaFack; 06-03-2009 at 03:57 AM..
Old 06-03-2009, 04:00 AM
I was actually told my PRs and Jerret himself that they are resetting the server.
Not exactly sure where you got your information from.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:47 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Current Zodiac will not be compatible with Zodiac V2, like any other server release. So it HAS to be reset when it's released to public on the main server.

As for this time around we plan on providing more customizable aspects to the game.

Small Development Update: Drafting GUI, Working on Item System.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
No it's not. Taking forever to level up is a reason other RPGs are really lame. It's always nice on Zodiac how you can basically just pick up a new character and PK with it in about a week.

And tbh, it should be faster to level. Bashing the S/space key to kill thousands of baddies over and over again is no fun at all.

Also you forget when Drander made NPCs more "high tech" to make it harder to level. The entire server threw a fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 06-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Just the 2 cents from someone who hasn't played very much:

I got bored fast because I leveled up with some friends in only a few hours, and when I say "with" I mean they did all the work for me. It's too easy to level up, but that doesn't mean you should just increase the difficulty. Try making it harder, but fun. At least make it so everyone in a party has to be involved instead of just sitting in a corner leeching experience.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Just the 2 cents from someone who hasn't played very much:

I got bored fast because I leveled up with some friends in only a few hours, and when I say "with" I mean they did all the work for me. It's too easy to level up, but that doesn't mean you should just increase the difficulty. Try making it harder, but fun. At least make it so everyone in a party has to be involved instead of just sitting in a corner leeching experience.
Even leveling alone is way too fast.
If you make the leveling this fast, there shouldn't be a level cap, otherwise there's no big competition, since everyone will get 60 in a few days
Old 06-03-2009, 10:12 PM
team canada
Ideally getting level 60 in a week of constant grinding sounds reasonable, but I do understand that the 1-59 content is merely an obstacle to the endgame content and does need attention which is why it's going to be one of our main focuses.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Ideally getting level 60 in a week of constant grinding sounds reasonable, but I do understand that the 1-59 content is merely an obstacle to the endgame content and does need attention which is why it's going to be one of our main focuses.
Is it really necessary to have to level up from 1 to 60?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 PM
I think players who are level 59 should have a chance to fight players who are level 60. They obviously can't now because of CMPS.. right?

But other than that, the current main GUI is becoming dull and boring, we need something new but still simple!

Closed Thread