Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 12:46 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
In that case external windows themselves are a bad idea :P
No, they just need good features to protect users from spam etc.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ya, but anyone can constantly create a simple external window in a timeout over and over--which will constantly pop up over things, or worse they can script it to create multiple external windows all over the place. And that's without even needing an alwaysontop.
What kind of feature will stop that? If you're gonna factor in all the dangerous crap people can do with GS2 then you have to consider alwaysontop isn't the only dangerous thing.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:57 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ya, but anyone can constantly create a simple external window in a timeout over and over--which will constantly pop up over things, or worse they can script it to create multiple external windows all over the place. And that's without even needing an alwaysontop.
What kind of feature will stop that? If you're gonna factor in all the dangerous crap people can do with GS2 then you have to consider alwaysontop isn't the only dangerous thing.
I know, I'm just saying that external windows aren't a bad idea, they just need certain features to protect the user.

It's not my job to decide what to do to prevent this, that's up to Stefan to figure out. I'm just saying that it is a very good idea.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Well if he has external windows there are already problems with spamming introduced. Adding alwaysontop isn't going to introduce anything more potent than external windows themselves, so I'm all for it.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
In all honesty, we really shouldn't worry about people pulling crap like this. If they do, you close your client, report it on the support center, don't go on that server anymore and the perpetrator(s) gets banned. Simple.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
In all honesty, we really shouldn't worry about people pulling crap like this. If they do, you close your client, report it on the support center, don't go on that server anymore and the perpetrator(s) gets banned. Simple.
Exactly. Thats the fun thing about this
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I found getdesktopresolution() in scriptfunctions_client.txt but it seems to just return "0,0,0" for me.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
I found getdesktopresolution() in scriptfunctions_client.txt but it seems to just return "0,0,0" for me.
That's for open-gl mode only
Old 04-16-2008, 06:50 PM
penguin.
Tolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the roughTolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tolnaftate2004
Quote:
I'm looking forward to some intense Rick-Rolling.

Killa Be: when i got that locker in 6th grade the only thing in it was a picture of a midget useing a firehose :/
Old 04-17-2008, 05:38 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
I know, I was just saying that I will get tons of negative rep for that, even though I did nothing.

I know you were saying resizing Graal window -- I mentioned that canResize does not affect a window's behavior on Mac.
Man, now I got reputation on this post saying "Mac Sucks".

Was that even relevant?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 AM
That one guy...
Quote:
Man, now I got reputation on this post saying "Mac Sucks".

Was that even relevant?
I got more negative rep from people miss-understanding me then positive rep from submitting things to the code gallery. My eval function got me all of like +2 rep points...
Old 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's easier to lose reputation than gain it
Old 04-17-2008, 03:27 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
So tempted to neg rep with, "so true! " then
Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Then make positive reputation worth more than negative?

Would be cool if it was like positive rep only, no negative. That way people still get awarded for good things, and not punished by people who only notice bad things. Then just raise the standards for reputation.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:43 AM
That one guy...
Quote:
Then make positive reputation worth more than negative?

Would be cool if it was like positive rep only, no negative. That way people still get awarded for good things, and not punished by people who only notice bad things. Then just raise the standards for reputation.
When you give negative rep, it only reduces their points by half of your rep power. Giving positive still gives your full rep power though.