Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Banned
Knight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Knight
Lightbulb 'In-game reputation and global hours'

I think it would be great if there would be some sort of in-game reputation system. Maybe allowing P2P's to give players ratings once per day? Your reputation would be global of course. Players should also be able to view your ban or jailing history to a certain extent that would allow them to know if it is safe to trust or do a trade with the person; this could be set by GPs, but only GPs that are staff on the servers for the Gold / Classic tabs. It would also be nice if there was an option to view a players hours for all of graal servers added up. I am pretty sure if this was implemented then many more players would be happy, and it would also just make it a lot easier on all of us.

Thanks for your time,
Knight
Old 10-07-2007, 06:43 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Viewing global jailing information? That would be crazy....imagine the amount of crap that would be added on UC worlds :x . The rc ban history is already diluted by stupid bans off uc worlds. Playerworlds like Rudora already have a in-house reputation system... a local reputation system is more feasible.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Banned
Well I meant information for Classic hosted servers and Gold hosted servers.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Viewing global jailing information? That would be crazy....imagine the amount of crap that would be added on UC worlds :x . The rc ban history is already diluted by stupid bans off uc worlds. Playerworlds like Rudora already have a in-house reputation system... a local reputation system is more feasible.
o_O;;

Horrification has a rep system being done too. not like that though :P

But yeah, it's not gonna be good to have global rep, they're practically all different games in each server. But global hours would be cool, probably bump up the playercount on server though from everyone logging on every single server so they can gain 123 seconds each second.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I dunno... It seems like space in the profile that we could do without. It doesn't really serve a purpose, as a whole. Not even the server specific online time helps someone determine how much time a player has actually actively participated in learning the in's and out's of the server. I have over 3k hours on Era, but most of it was gained either working and leaving the client running, or just leaving the computer and not coming back for some reason, and gaining that extra 10 or so minutes before idling out.

If a global timer were made, maybe it'd serve better purpose on the profile's website, with expandable details that drop down from the total hours to show individual playerworld/server times.

EG:

Profile of TSAdmin (at http://graalonline.com/members/viewp...0&nick=TSAdmin)

+Total hours: XXXXhr XXmin XXsec
(expanded)
-Era: 3000hr 00min 00sec
-Zodiac: 500hr 00min 00sec

etc... And on which note, maybe a link be made, or an added Context Menu item to "Open Web Profile" directly. I dunno, but all I know is that it'd be kinda out of place on the already cluttered In-Game selections of a player.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-07-2007, 02:42 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Personally I don't care or want others to see how many hours I have spent on graal. I would rather disable anything that shows hours if I could..
Old 10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned
Well, in my eyes I would choose global hours over the reputation system. Global hours shows the total time they have been on Graal which matters for many things. The reputation system is basically to save people from getting scammed and showing how much you can trust that person. It would also help at hiring. Let's say you have 13 reputation, and the other person has 33 reputation. You both are knowledgeable a subject so you try out. You both are pretty much are the same, although they know they can trust the person with 33 reputation more; at least until the person with 13 reputation proves otherwise by getting his rep up or the person with 33 rep drops. By the way, your idea is pretty good TSAdmin.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:40 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
That's assuming the person with a lower rep hasn't been a victim of corrupt staff, or the one with higher hasn't cheated his way up.

Crappy idea.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 AM
Banned
Not really seeing as they are repped by players... P2P only feature.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:08 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Multiple accounts.

"I'll give you 50 graalats to rep me up"

"You can have your Shield of Awesome +12 back if you rep me up"
Old 10-11-2007, 04:15 AM
Banned
Thats why you can only rep people so much. You cannot rep the same person twice, unless you are situation from good to bad which can only be done once a week unless it is obvious abuse.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 AM
On graal... I'm a rebel
KyleNicholson is on a distinguished road
Just cause you got jailed a couple times doesn't mean your bad, just misunderstood . Well I get people mad alot over sparring and those kinds of people would abuse it with their guild or lil gang.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned
Yeah, but it will show the reason without details. Just so they know who it was... If they think it was a misunderstanding then it won't be listed.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:13 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Your idea gets worse every time you try to add to it
Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Banned
Not really, I don't appreciate your wannabe criticism. You don't tell people whats wrong, all you do is deny. I didn't just add to it... This was already a stated fact.