Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Idea: Graal "Addons"

My idea...well, wait, before I finish that sentence, not really my idea, because this was and still is used by many other games/programs.
So, the idea would be to be able to write some basic, visual-only gscript into a text file, and using that, display things on your Graal screen. Interface modifications might be the right word here. There should also be options to change already existing standard stuff (like for example the pm bubbles ). That would be a nice addition. Well, not if you would only do what I suggested, but if you would also add some basic variables, like, time, and other things.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 AM
† Ðяΰм & βâsş †
blazeingonix is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to blazeingonix
Ye, good
Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
At a second thought I dont really like it, because theres not much to change. But I think it would be a nice addition anyways, and you could improve your gs2 skills when it comes to visual stuff without having a job on a playerworld.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
My idea...well, wait, before I finish that sentence, not really my idea, because this was and still is used by many other games/programs.
So, the idea would be to be able to write some basic, visual-only gscript into a text file, and using that, display things on your Graal screen. Interface modifications might be the right word here. There should also be options to change already existing standard stuff (like for example the pm bubbles ). That would be a nice addition. Well, not if you would only do what I suggested, but if you would also add some basic variables, like, time, and other things.
You can already change the PM bubble a bit by editing state.png.

But your idea would still be nice for other things
Old 08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You can already change the PM bubble a bit by editing state.png.

But your idea would still be nice for other things
I know and done. Btw, old thread, revived thanks to, well, at least Door's account. But, you could maybe change around the way those pm bubbles are displayed. Like, fade them in and out, instead of the typical 1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0 way.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:14 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Good idea
Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
If you are running the server, you could just display a bunch of ganis for all the GUI things, and then players could change the ganis themselves :|
Old 08-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
It wouldn't be hard to make a script that can parse text files on your computer and create GUI Controls from them.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:25 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I don't get it

Why does everything that is going to be done for the benefit of the game have to be added to servers? Why can't anything ever be added to the client?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Because then all servers have to deal with whether they want it or not.
Also because Stefan doing everything is going to take longer than players doing lots of stuff and Stefan doing the important stuff that everybody profits from.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
you cant edit the stuff inside ganis anymore
[inside the SCRIPT/SCRIPTEND anyway]
Old 09-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
you cant edit the stuff inside ganis anymore
[inside the SCRIPT/SCRIPTEND anyway]
I know