Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Atlantis

As promised, here is most of Atlantis' code and some other resources you can use. Keep in mind, anything that is not included in this package which is content of Atlantis, you are not allowed to use on your playerworld.

A couple notes:
  • The baddy code is not included, since it was a mod of Gambet's GBaddy (which can be found in the Code Gallery as well) and was rather hackish in its whole nature; nothing to learn from, really.
  • Due to Stefan's optimizations on tile update stuff, when "removing" objects such as bushes, stones and the like, the tile changes below may disappear again before the object actually respawns. You can actually fix this by changing the updateBoard() calls in the object class to update 3x2 instead of 2x2 tiles.
  • I removed all (I guess) cheat detection code, since it's generally not a good idea to make things like that public. Wasn't anything fancy anyway, but still..
  • Yes, I did shamelessly copy the basic ideas of Era's staff tools. They're good!

No guarantee for good code. There are also probably a few bugs here and there. I'm not providing any more information right off the bat. If you need help or have any questions, please ask them in this thread. No PMs if it's not about anything critical.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip atlantis.zip (2.94 MB, 645 views)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
must spread reputation
Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
It's not like I need that. I am happy as long as some of this can be of help to someone, be it directly or indirectly.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Oh wow. This is fantastic. +rep
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
well it really is fantastic. cool things being included to work with the default movement rather than creating a custome one.
can most likely help me with some things so i dont have to create a custome one
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Looking forward to seeing this on N-Pulse.. because I'll bet anyone it happens.. LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Looking forward to seeing this on N-Pulse.. because I'll bet anyone it happens.. LOL
If it helps, it's good. I'm not just releasing this for craps and giggles. I hope no one is being looked down on for using this, because that's really not right.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
If it helps, it's good. I'm not just releasing this for craps and giggles. I hope no one is being looked down on for using this, because that's really not right.
I know, im just predicting the future.. hopefully they don't end up taking stuff that's not public use tho.. like they keep doing to Dusty.. he just the other day yelled at them... again ... seems telling them no doesn't stop them

Atlantis will be missed, it looked so promising. I really wanted it to go public so I could play it.. First time I saw the server it was in another language, not sure if it ever became English?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
another language
german :P
regarding the textbox script, they wanted to use graals translation thingy
Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
regarding the textbox script, they wanted to use graals translation thingy
Indeed. Plan was English + German. Not sure if N-Pulse's bush is really taken from Dusty though, might really just be a LttP remake; we'll see. If they take any graphics from Atlantis, I'll know
Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned
Quote:
Indeed. Plan was English + German. Not sure if N-Pulse's bush is really taken from Dusty though, might really just be a LttP remake; we'll see. If they take any graphics from Atlantis, I'll know
Alot of time they would tell me if they changed the color's around it was not copying.. it really looks like Dusties remake of lttp tho..

But your saying that the Graal Translation didn't work? And how does that work exactly? Is it some sort of scripting for translation or doe's graal attempt to translate it all itself ?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
But your saying that the Graal Translation didn't work?
I did? I don't think so It does work. You just provide all translation files, and if it can't find any for the selected client language, it will default to the original input text. I can provide more details on the system later, bit busy right now.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Alot of time they would tell me if they changed the color's around it was not copying.. it really looks like Dusties remake of lttp tho..

But your saying that the Graal Translation didn't work? And how does that work exactly? Is it some sort of scripting for translation or doe's graal attempt to translate it all itself ?
well you can have a translation by doing something like
PHP Code:
echo( _("hello") ); 
which would translate it into the clients language being set (i think changeable through the f3 options but im not sure since i have only been using this on iEra even though the translations are never updated)

im not too sure if there are any guidelines for uploading the translations, but in case you want to see how the file would have to look like, simply check your graal folder - levels - translations and open one of those .po files with a text editor
Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned
callimuc, threw you some Rep ++... thanks for the information, it is very useful. crow, I think I rep you to much also.. lmao because ALOT of people I cannot rep... fccmike, crono, u, dusty... i mean wow I must rep ++ alot.. xD

Quote:
I did? I don't think so It does work. You just provide all translation files, and if it can't find any for the selected client language, it will default to the original input text. I can provide more details on the system later, bit busy right now.
Sorry read wrong post, I was reading how callimuc said "they wanted to" and assumed that it was saying it didn't work.

That's neat. Tho does graal have languages anymore?

Edit: It does.. didn't it used to be on the first screen that poped up where you entered in your login info?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Edit: It does.. didn't it used to be on the first screen that poped up where you entered in your login info?
Yup, that's where it was. This is the folder config stuff for translations on Atlantis:
PHP Code:
file    translations/*.po
file    translations/en/*.po
file    translations/de/*.po 
I believe clientside translation files were put into levels/translations/*, and serverside ones in their respective sub folders. Then, in the server options, we have this:
PHP Code:
serverlanguage=en
defaultlanguage
=en
translatedlanguages
=de 
Finally, in a system WNPC (file names for translations were atlantis_en.po and atlantis_de.po, and just atlantis.po for serverside ones):
PHP Code:
loadTranslation("atlantis"); 
The rest of the magic is done by Graal and the _() function.