Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Yup, that's where it was. This is the folder config stuff for translations on Atlantis:
PHP Code:
file    translations/*.po
file    translations/en/*.po
file    translations/de/*.po 
I believe clientside translation files were put into levels/translations/*, and serverside ones in their respective sub folders. Then, in the server options, we have this:
PHP Code:
serverlanguage=en
defaultlanguage
=en
translatedlanguages
=de 
Finally, in a system WNPC:
PHP Code:
loadTranslation("atlantis"); 
The rest of the magic is done by Graal and the _() function.
so would it work like this?

translatedlanguages=de,fr,more languages

and for loadTranslation("atlantis"); thats the name of the po file, right? im under the impression that you only need the loadTranslations once, and it will load for any language set?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
so would it work like this?

translatedlanguages=de,fr,more languages
It should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
and for loadTranslation("atlantis"); thats the name of the po file, right? im under the impression that you only need the loadTranslations once, and it will load for any language set?
It's the name of the translation file, yes. I just now wonder if it automatically appends the underscore and language domain (the two characters used to shorten the language) or the files without the language domain appended were for clientside translations after all.. well, just give it a shot! RC should also output some nifty messages when uploading the serverside translation files. If that hasn't been removed, that is.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Making Levels
zerxusgraal will become famous soon enough
Im sad to see atlantis no longer being worked on.
It looked great, gfx scripts and levels
Its very nice of you to share your work with the community. Thank you for that.

To scriptless:
N-Pulse used alot of free graphics when we started.
Some missunderstandings were made and brought to our attention. We then removed those images and appologised for our mistakes.
We have a talented team in all areas now and it saddens me to see you see us as "thieves".
Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Cool stuff!

Let's not start arguing about npulse for no reason now though.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ah well, I can't rep What a pity, but I really appreciate people like Crow who put so much passion into their work. It's a pity Atlantis didn't make it, but it's great to see people who are willing to let go and let others benefit from their hard work instead of hoarding it in their backup folder that will probably never see the light of day again.

As for the N-Pulse deal I don't hold grudges. I never followed up and checked to see if they removed the bush as I realize sometimes confusion/mistakes happen. But let's not spam Crow's thread with that mess
Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
One more thing that comes to mind: if you use Atlantis' graphics as a reference in order to understand how the code works (which is completely fine as long as you're not using the graphics), you may notice that the rain effect on the windows is sometimes below, sometimes above the window graphics. This is due to insufficient layer control in Graal. I wanted to move that rain animation into a gani, along with the windows, but never got around to it. So, if you want to go with a similar approach and use my code for it, you can/should do that.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
When using your custom projectiles, I noticed that other people can't see your thrown objects but you can see your own. Any idea why?
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I fixed it, odd issue. But I think it's how stefan tweaked player.triggerclient. I added a null to the end of the triggerclient were it sends the data and it worked.
[email protected]

Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
I fixed it, odd issue. But I think it's how stefan tweaked player.triggerclient. I added a null to the end of the triggerclient were it sends the data and it worked.
Must be the difference between v5 and v6 then. I should've said it in the first post: some things only work with v6, even though a fix for v5 would be quite simple. I didn't want to focus on old versions though. Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
it would be a lot easier and more modifiable if you would just make your own dropping system, imo. Atlantis has a great dropping system, check it out in the code gallery.
You reminded me of some awkward logic/math stuff I did there. Have a look (item class):
PHP Code:
function onCreated() {

// create a random item, wohoo!

if (this.dItem == NOTHING) {

temp.chances = { 0.40.510.510.510.610.660.680.780.830.85 };

temp.random(01);

for (
temp.0<= chances.size(); i++) {
      if (
== && chances[0])

this.dItem 1;
      elseif (
== chances.size() && >= chances[1])

this.dItem chances.size() + 1;
      elseif (
>= chances[1] && chances[i])

this.dItem 1;
    }
  } 
Does that make sense? I wonder. It lacks some proper comments. Check the enumeration at the top of that class to see which items it'll distribute with which percentage, and keep in mind that subtracting the value of the n-1th array element from the value of the nth array element yields the chance for the n+1th item. Doesn't make sense? Sorry~
Old 10-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Global Administration
Didn't see this, at first I was like wtf? But once you understand it its easy to follow, add to it.
[email protected]