Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 03:47 AM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
i can't spent the money, since money is tight with my family at the moment, and i kinda lost my scolarship for college... so anyways, that's just the start
=x
meaning, yes, i will be asking for cashmoneys from other people... but i think my PW will manage to find the money needed to get up, and stay up
=)
Old 06-16-2003, 04:09 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Oh boo hoo, the tears are streaking down my face for both of you.

Although I do not know the details of your financial situations, what I do know is that I do not have my parents pay for everything. I have to go to university next year and pay for my classes, I have to pay for my own insurance and when the time comes my own car, plus I pay for my own clothes, but you don't see me whining about all the expenses I have to pay off. And don't automatically assume that my parents pay for everything, that is a foolish assumption.

As for your financial situations, yeah it's a little silly for me to jump ahead and automatically assume you're both lazy, but what I can't fathom is that if you're so strapped for cash then why are you spending your time making playerworlds for an online game instead of working?
Old 06-16-2003, 04:20 AM
US Marine
Soul-Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Soul-Blade
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

As for your financial situations, yeah it's a little silly for me to jump ahead and automatically assume you're both lazy, but what I can't fathom is that if you're so strapped for cash then why are you spending your time making playerworlds for an online game instead of working?
Do you really believe someones life is revolved completely around working? Once again I say, you are obviously ignorant.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:27 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Soul-Blade

Do you really believe someones life is revolved completely around working? Once again I say, you are obviously ignorant.
Most people's lives revolve around working, yes. Unless you live in Neverland, where no one grows old (unless you're Captain James Hook)*.

*or unless we're talking about Neverland, California, where you get to spend your nights with Michael Jackson in his land of fun.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:04 AM
US Marine
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

Most people's lives revolve around working, yes.
Sure. Most people never go hunting, out with friends, to disney land with their family. Most people never have any free time. Most people just work 16 hours a day, and sleep the rest of the time.

Old 06-16-2003, 05:13 AM
Banned
Quote:

Sure. Most people never go hunting, out with friends, to disney land with their family. Most people never have any free time. Most people just work 16 hours a day, and sleep the rest of the time.

Hey! You caught on

Welcome to the real world.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:13 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Those people work so that they can have the money to have the equipment to go hunting, so that they can have the car that drives them to Disneyland. Most people work so that they can support their family, and that they can pay for those tickets when Disneyland comes around. Most people work so that they can have vacations, and do things with their family, instead of having to do just that; work 16 hours a day and sleep all the time. The basis of our civilization is work and effort, and if you do not produce large amounts of either, you get no where.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:31 AM
US Marine
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

Those people work so that they can have the money to have the equipment to go hunting, so that they can have the car that drives them to Disneyland. Most people work so that they can support their family, and that they can pay for those tickets when Disneyland comes around. Most people work so that they can have vacations, and do things with their family, instead of having to do just that; work 16 hours a day and sleep all the time. The basis of our civilization is work and effort, and if you do not produce large amounts of either, you get no where.
Life does not revolve around work, it revolves around our quest to find happiness, to say the least. Work is just part of the journey...but anyway. This is going way off.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:34 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Do you spend money on console games?
Old 06-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Oh boo hoo, the tears are streaking down my face for both of you.

Although I do not know the details of your financial situations, what I do know is that I do not have my parents pay for everything. I have to go to university next year and pay for my classes, I have to pay for my own insurance and when the time comes my own car, plus I pay for my own clothes, but you don't see me whining about all the expenses I have to pay off. And don't automatically assume that my parents pay for everything, that is a foolish assumption.

You're going to sit here and mock me "complaining" yet you're doing the same thing in your post? Welcome to contradiction land! I'm not WHINING. I'm simply stating that I don't have the money to pay for this, and I'm asking for some support. I'm not complaining or whining that Graal shouldn't be making us pay, I'm just stating that I do not have the money, and I cannot pay the expenses when I have other things to pay for.

I don't spend all day working on my playerworld. I spend a couple hours maybe, total. I don't think life revolves around working. Heck, if you hit on a good idea, you can become a millionaire and never have to work again.

In my opinion, going out and flipping burgers is a waste of my time, when I could be spending my time learning more about game development, so that I can become better at the field of work that I would like to do. If I'm spending 8 hours a day bagging groceries or handling a cash register, at the age of 19, then I'm not going to have anywhere near enough time to properly handle my career.

It's funny, so many people (adults) tell me the same thing. That I need to get out and work every day and whatnot. Yet they are 40+ years old, and still working. I do not intend to be working to put clothes on my back when I'm 40. I plan on retiring early. In order for that to happen, I can't waste my youth flipping burgers.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 06-16-2003, 05:58 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
To those using the term 'it's a 2230' or something similar

* * * * OFF

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELLY NO RIGHT IN USING 2230'S NAME AS IF IT WERE SOMETHING BAD UNLESS YOU ARE ACTUALLY ONE OF THE STAFF (like me and ghost pirate) WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT DID GO ON AND WHAT DIDNT GO ON

I hate you people who talk smack when you have absolutelly no right in doing so, people who do so are scum in my eyes
Old 06-16-2003, 07:04 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

You're going to sit here and mock me "complaining" yet you're doing the same thing in your post? Welcome to contradiction land! I'm not WHINING. I'm simply stating that I don't have the money to pay for this, and I'm asking for some support. I'm not complaining or whining that Graal shouldn't be making us pay, I'm just stating that I do not have the money, and I cannot pay the expenses when I have other things to pay for.

I don't spend all day working on my playerworld. I spend a couple hours maybe, total. I don't think life revolves around working. Heck, if you hit on a good idea, you can become a millionaire and never have to work again.

In my opinion, going out and flipping burgers is a waste of my time, when I could be spending my time learning more about game development, so that I can become better at the field of work that I would like to do. If I'm spending 8 hours a day bagging groceries or handling a cash register, at the age of 19, then I'm not going to have anywhere near enough time to properly handle my career.

It's funny, so many people (adults) tell me the same thing. That I need to get out and work every day and whatnot. Yet they are 40+ years old, and still working. I do not intend to be working to put clothes on my back when I'm 40. I plan on retiring early. In order for that to happen, I can't waste my youth flipping burgers.
You go on ahead then, and spend hours of your day working on your playerworld and in the field of game development. Fortunately (or unfortunately, however way you look at it) I don't think I could spend the rest of my life working in front of a computer screen to earn a living, developing games and writing endless lines of scripts and making graphics. That's why I go to post secondary, to learn something I will enjoy and to make a living in that. And for the other 98% of the peons that will not become game developers, we go out and get jobs, whether they are flipping burgers or cashing at a grocery store so we can pay for our education and our standard of living and not ***** when things cost money.

It's funny how you mention it being a waste of your youth to work. You think that cashing groceries is all about scanning items and punching numbers into a computer? Over the last 10 months, I have learned an immense amount about customer service, dealing with people, handling tricky situations and working effeciently. The collateral knowledge that comes with such a simple job is tremendous, and whether I'm going to sit in a cublcle all day on a computer or deal with people on a regular basis, this will help me for the rest of my life. The foundation of your argument is shaky at best, as I'm sure there are thousands of other 19 year olds just like you that think they will have it made by the time they're 40 and will want to retire.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:39 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Life does not revolve around work, it revolves around our quest to find happiness, to say the least. Work is just part of the journey...but anyway. This is going way off.
Good luck on your quest to find happiness while living in rags in a cardboard box out in the street!

And you called Aftershock ignorant...haha, that's just funny.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 06-16-2003, 07:44 AM
is watching you
screen_name is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to screen_name Send a message via MSN to screen_name
Hey konidias, give me a ring and we can talk about some things.

AIM: teh scr33n name
E-MAIL: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
or just forum pm me.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
In reply to Aftershock's last post (I didn't feel like quoting the whole thing):

"Over the last 10 months, I have learned an immense amount about customer service, dealing with people, handling tricky situations and working effeciently."

What do you think a game developer does? They are totally in tune with the customer. They have to deal with people constantly, and they have to handle situations and learn how to work efficiently.

I think you're confusing something here... I plan on leading game development. Meaning I'm not sitting at a cubicle programming, or drawing, or anything of that nature. I'm the guy that is brainstorming the ideas, that is making sure things get made right, etc. Think Shigeru Miyamoto. That is where I would like to be one day.

I don't intend on working behind a computer for my career.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Closed Thread