FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 12:43 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Exclamation Frankie

First off I would like to state Frankie and myself basically do not know each other, the only common interest we share (that I know of) is we use to play Era around the same time. Second I was not asked to post this by anyone and it is my opinion and anyone mentioned was not consulted beforehand.

Now to the real post, I believe Frankie is in the best position to manage the server. He knows the server's past, he was active on Era during its glory days, he knows what is needed to restore Era to its former status, he previously held a staff position, and finally him just being appointed manager would draw other oldbies back to the server.

I believe the current staff team are the result of a crony system and other old useless staff who have managed to keep their position on the staff team due to their hours and name dropping alone. There are of course some exceptions to this, but too many names have been in this position to long with way to little results.

I do not want this to appear to be a flame on Deophite, as far as I can tell by his post's he is a good guy and I do admire him for having a plan for Era and that is much better then many of the previous managers ::cough::ningnong and jenn::cough::. But sadly my admiration does not cause me to like his plan, I believe it is changing Era to much to the point that it is no longer Era. Another problem I have with Deophite is he was and still is relatively inexperienced with Era when compared to someone like Frankie.

I have no idea how good Frankie is at developing, although I would be willing to bet he has above basic knowledge in at least one area of developing. But I do believe he could properly manage and guide a staff team into reconstructing and fixing Era's laundry list of problems.

I'm not going to make this a poll asking the community to vote, I simply would like to ask the community to voice their opinion's about who you believe would make the best manager and why. I really would like this to not turn into a flame fest or "LAWL MY FRIEND 4 MANAGER PLOZX"! thread, so that PWA's take us seriously for once, and if they don't I guess it really shows what direction this game is heading, and the mindset of those running it.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
deophite's doing a fine job, we don't need a new manager.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
"We"?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
"We"?
yes, "we".
Old 03-10-2009, 02:14 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I appreciate the support. Even though I don't play as much as I used to it's good to see that there are still players that want to see me as manager.

Unfortunately, even if the position was offered to me right now I don't think I would take it. It's been over 4 months since I quit and I've lost interest in the server and even Graal in general. HoudiniMan completely ripped out any motivation I had as a staff member when he denied me the manager position 4 months ago. Since then I haven't really cared much about the server. Sure I complain about numerous things which would lead one to believe I still care, but I don't care enough to do anything about it.

Although you may disagree with Deophite's plans for the server, a manager change is the last thing Era needs right now. I don't entirely agree with everything that's being done right now either and I'm sure there are many other players that feel the same way. If I was put into management I would probably not want to go through with these plans which means development would start from square one, again.

There are players that support me but not Deophite, and there are players that support Deophite but not me. So at this point it doesn't really matter who is manager. Era just needs someone to lead the server in the right direction whether or not everyone agrees with what's being done, which is what Deophite is doing right now. Even though there's a lot of disagreement regarding his views on the server, at least something is being done, and everyone should appreciate that.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I supported you alot.

But... It didnt happen lol :[
Old 03-10-2009, 07:52 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Deophite is doing a good job as a manager, bringing in a new manager may confuse players, I advise you remain with your current manager and once he resigns or gets fired, then Frankie should have an attempt to obtain the position of manager. If he does I'd support him though I have quit Era.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
zim u sure are on frankies lap alot
Old 03-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Stokell Perseus
Stokell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
That made me laugh out loud.

-On Topic

It is a shame that frankie doesn't want to / can't be manager of Era. He would steer it in the right direction i'm sure. As zim said, he's and oldbie, who knows era and the players, and would attract some older player back, who have left because some of the new staff have no clue what to do with Era.
You last visited: 10-17-2004 at 07:39 PM

-------------------------------------------

Confirmed Private Message Receipts (1)
Sent to: Stefan
Graal Online HQ

Message Sent Date : 10-16-2004 / 06:06 PM

Message Read Date : 09-22-2007 / 09:08 PM

Last edited by Stokell88; 03-10-2009 at 03:05 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
:D
Ace_Ciprioni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ace_Ciprioni Send a message via MSN to Ace_Ciprioni Send a message via Yahoo to Ace_Ciprioni
Deo is a good manager? how he doesnt reply on AIM, he dont reply on player. or RC. hes never on and hes always on UN. how the hell you gona give a classic/un newb manager of era? this is what happens when classic/un newb globals get involved with servers they have never even step foot on. Deo will probobly kill era. and i want wait till he does to laugh in every ones face for being so ignorant.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:08 PM
TheMaestro is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes.
Make Frankie Manager and ban Ace.

And all of his rasta friends.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I've always wondered if Deo even wanted the manager position. It seems to me that Houdini just gave it to him because nobody else at the time was qualified for manager especially after Sales quit. The only reason why Deo has anything to do with Era is because his spot as the GP Chief was supposed to be some sort of evaluation before they made him a PWA. I'm pretty sure the last thing he expected when trying to get PWA was winding up as Era's manager.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
especially after Sales quit.
Don't forget that I resigned as well.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Stokell Perseus
Stokell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotoo2 View Post
Don't forget that I resigned as well.
Thank god.
You last visited: 10-17-2004 at 07:39 PM

-------------------------------------------

Confirmed Private Message Receipts (1)
Sent to: Stefan
Graal Online HQ

Message Sent Date : 10-16-2004 / 06:06 PM

Message Read Date : 09-22-2007 / 09:08 PM

Old 03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quite frankly (Haha I said frankly.. how ironic) I don't think Deo is a very suitable Manager. Not because of who he is or where he plays most. But for the simple fact that it doesn't seem like he enjoys doing what he's doing, nor does it seem as if he is very "cozy" to the community with which he lies. In my opinion a Manager should be very "open-ended" and by that meaning that they should be open and more than willing to do what is necessary to improve the server, and they should also be open to what the players want. By what i've seen, Deo doesn't very much seem like he cares much as to what the players of the server think. I know if I was Manager, if a player had a good opinion on something, it would matter more than mine tbh. But I don't know, there isn't much you can do about him being Manager so might as well leave it as is.
Closed Thread