Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quick Update + Opinions

It's probably about time I announced that the new systems have been implemented for all players for those who haven't visited the server over the last 2 weeks or so, there are still some additions to them intended but the focus has shifted more towards actual content now.

It still needs to be documented but some additional features are the respawn invincibility time, minimap being possible to hide by clicking it, heads on the minimap being semi transparent when the player is too far away to be constantly recieving their position, a new C focus where focus circles around the player and can be frozen on a spot by clicking, and unfrozen by clicking again, hiding under bushes/pots hiding nickname/rating + minimap displays.

This is coupled with the Overworld being expanded to include the Castle, Southern 2 levels of Mod Town, Master Lis + the Graveyard,
this pretty much finalises Graal City atleast until a point of time where it is felt that it's content is complete.

Anyway, one thing i'd like opinions on is for a new spar arena class,
I currently have the basics of a re-useable + customisable arena class made, just without extras such as displays, quicker ways of entering the spar/queue as opposed to a chat command etc,
I remember during an old suggestions thread hotkeys were suggested, this could perhaps be coupled with a text display explaining what key to press, or perhaps a button display which you just click to enter the queue.

Streaks are something that can be included, perhaps a display for the next 2 people in the queue, ties now have their statistics handled uniquely as opposed to both sparrers "killing" eachother, no rate is exchanged but I could probably make a custom calculation for it where it wouldn't favour one sparrer depending on who died first as a result of the tied hits.

There are also new statistics such as Victories, Defeats, Ties, the average percentage of your health you have remaining per victory, the average perentage of your opponents health remaining per defeat.

Something else i'd like opinions on is to do with remaking the Map System,
in the past the basic map image + scroll was done pretty quickly,
it was the addition of markers that was somewhat more time consuming, but they are a potentially useful resource.
Also do people feel that having the different maps as obtainable Items was a good idea?
Or perhaps they should be obtainable but not as weapons and only display when you are on that map?
Maybe just leave them fully automatic and so that you don't have to obtain them?
What about a whole new gui where you scroll through obtained maps to select what should be displayed?