Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 12:58 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Vista 64-bit and Graal

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should go for Vista 64-bit. The biggest problem I have is with Graal's history of bugs and crashes with Windows XP 64-bit, let alone Vista itself. Just today someone said they were getting runtime errors or something everytime they opened the Level Editor on Vista 32-bit.

Seeing as how I play Graal more than any other game, is there anything I should be aware of or is it running silky smooth now?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
It works fine as due to SP1.
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
You can always install Linux alongside Vista.
Zvarri!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
You can always install Linux alongside Vista.
And the process is very easy.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
donotwant Linux. :[
Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Zvarri!
Too bad your name isn't Ben, Crono.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
It is confusing enough already.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Seems to be working fine. I'm on Vista Ultimate 64bit and Graal is running fine.

I only had that sound issue but used Demisis' work around and fixed it with ease.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...2&postcount=14

Surprised that this isn't enabled by default on 64bit systems.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
trevor987 is on a distinguished road
I've had no luck with Vista Home Premium 64 and Graal. I open up Graal, it freezes for 5-10 minutes, I click to login, freezes for 5-10 minutes..

I thought the sound issue might be the problem, it wasn't fixed either. Searching for 64 bit on the forums fails because of the fact that the words are too short... Meh.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Wish I could help but I have no idea. I'd say the usual; update directx, your drivers in general, etc.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Newest drivers, hell, beta drivers in Nvidia's case. DirectX is up-to-date (10, of course). Any help is appreciated
Old 08-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor987 View Post
Newest drivers, hell, beta drivers in Nvidia's case. DirectX is up-to-date (10, of course). Any help is appreciated
Gimme your specs. Also if you can, your console log. Seems people like Crow are good at spotting errors from them. Can be found in your Graal directory under the name "game_console.txt".
Old 08-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Scanning folder structure of C:/Users/Trevor/graal/...
Done.
Created DirectDraw object
Initialized Direct3D7
Initialized DirectDraw
CPU: 64 bit
Graphic Capabilities:
Hardware accelerated graphics: true
Video Memory: 2539 Mbyte
Drawing of alpha blended textures: true
Textures with non-power-of-2 size: true
3D Textures with non-power-of-2 size: true
2D during 3D scene: true
Use 32 bit alpha: true
Initialized Direct3D7
Graal has been activated!
Loading tile definitions for server Login
Connecting to the game server...
Done.
Loading tile definitions for server Login
Connecting to the game server...
Done.
File download: head858.png (size: 5074) done
File download: head.png (size: 2443) done
Nothing odd there.

Specs?

eVGA AMD 570 SLI board, never really knew the model. Nvidia AMD 570 chipset, of course.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (2.8GHz)
6GB DDR2-667 RAM
2x 150GB WD Raptor, 1x 250GB WD Caviar
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality Extreme Edition
PNY GeForce 8800GT
Logitech G15 and Microsoft Sidewinder (I doubt keyboard/mouse cause problems?)
And of course, Vista Home Premium x64

EDIT: Fixed it. I unchecked use bitmap fonts, and re-checking it sped things up. Weird, huh?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 AM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Huh weird. I ran Graal on a 64-bit Vista Dell Inspiron 504, and I got lagged after 5 + people came near me. I bought a laptop though. ( I get major discounts ) with XP and it ran like a charm. Other people I know say Graal on Vista is garbage. I wonder if it's actually GRAAL not vista. GO XP.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:21 PM
It's porbably because people have the most low end computers and expect Vista to run smoothly.

I've had no Vista related issues with Graal apart from the blank screenshots, sadly Stefan isn't even acknowledging that he'll try to fix it.

Tags
64bit, vista