Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
I must admit I love the way you've utilized Delteria's unique cliffing style.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Awesome!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
I seriously love those, my god...
Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm Not Chance...Really
The Evil Within is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Evil Within
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Z3phyr_ View Post
(there's a third island too that is 100% done level-wise but nobody has really touched on it for anything else... personally I think its the most beautiful^100 one because I LOVE SNOW... but that's just me)
Lone Island is supposed to be completely redone, unless they decided that they're going to use what was done with it, but I'm pretty sure Tiamat was 100% unhappy with it. I'd say its about 4% done, being that the outline is the only thing done on it.

Overall level progress isn't that bad though, the 2 BIG islands are Kaljun (which is about 70% done) and the Tahan/Barion, which Tiamat is working on now, I'm not sure what the current status of it is yet. There are 4 more Islands, one of which is Abiline which is about 80% or more done, Al Jadim, which pretty much has nothing but an outline done, Lone which I've already stated its progress, and the Events Island that is 50% done from what I hear (I haven't seen anything from it yet).

Also, Inferno, how would you know how our progress is going? Last time you worked for us you didn't have access to the server to see how our progress was going, nor did you have any RC rights, and the time before that was when we were working on a completely different project.

Delteria Forums
Old 10-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned
_Z3phyr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
What's up guys? I'm looking for a few translators.

We're starting to get a considerable amount of chat text and one of the ideas that has been floating around has been to get the server in multiple languages.

I myself can comprehend a few, but I'm looking for people who are fluent in either German, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, or Spanish and are willing to help be a translator (if you're actually from the country then awesome). I have already enlisted the help of a French translator and he's doing an awesome job so far (<3).

I can't guarantee that you'll be given access to the dev server at first or whatever, much less an RC -- however if you do a good job and if I can show the other staff that you've done quite a bit of work in translating stuff I'm sure they'll be willing to work something out for you. No guarantees, though. (although I -can- guarantee you a few toys in the server that I've made on the side for when the server is released or whenever you have access... whichever comes first)

I also intend on having some kind of recognition NPC that shows your name/nick/account/whatever_you_want when they want to change their game's server language.

As for your ability to speak English... if you can comprehend this post then you qualify as far as I'm concerned.

:-)

Last edited by _Z3phyr_; 10-14-2006 at 07:23 PM..
Old 10-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
lol....Interesting I guess.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
What's up guys? I'm looking for a few translators.

We're starting to get a considerable amount of chat text and one of the ideas that has been floating around has been to get the server in multiple languages.

I myself can comprehend a few, but I'm looking for people who are fluent in either German, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, or Spanish and are willing to help be a translator (if you're actually from the country then awesome). I have already enlisted the help of a French translator and he's doing an awesome job so far (<3).

I can't guarantee that you'll be given access to the dev server at first or whatever, much less an RC -- however if you do a good job and if I can show the other staff that you've done quite a bit of work in translating stuff I'm sure they'll be willing to work something out for you. No guarantees, though. (although I -can- guarantee you a few toys in the server that I've made on the side for when the server is released or whenever you have access... whichever comes first)

I also intend on having some kind of recognition NPC that shows your name/nick/account/whatever_you_want when they want to change their game's server language.

As for your ability to speak English... if you can comprehend this post then you qualify as far as I'm concerned.

:-)
Why are always us Swedish get left out? Alot of Swedish people play Graal ya know.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-14-2006, 08:39 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Why are always us Swedish get left out? Alot of Swedish people play Graal ya know.
Yes that's true! Much more than portuguese, italian, or spanish.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned
Sure why not. Give me a volunteer Swedish translator then.

I have the Server Manager (Riot) agreeing to setup the NPCServer to detect the Game Client language and use that as the basis for what to translate as -- its my understanding that it is also how GK does their translations. From there is just fill in the blank with the langauge translation.

Drop me a PM if you're willing and able.

edit - Jag alska du
Old 10-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Sure why not. Give me a volunteer Swedish translator then.

I have the Server Manager (Riot) agreeing to setup the NPCServer to detect the Game Client language and use that as the basis for what to translate as. From there is just fill in the blank with the langauge translation.

Drop me a PM if you're willing and able.
*raises hand and slowly takes it back down*

I would if I had the time.. but sadly I dont..

Old 10-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Banned
*sigh*
Old 10-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Master of Puppets
If you gave me a .txt file with everything that needs to be translated, I could do it though. If you get more stuff that needs to be translated, send me another file!

Deal?

Old 10-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned
Deal, but I'll still be looking for a Swede who is more available though.

You know this translator thing has gotten the best turnout in the fastest time than any other responses we've had since I've made this thread.

Man that sucks.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Master of Puppets
Haha. Well, I could probably translate ALOT for you if I was given alot of it at once. I wont be online at all the entire next week due to different reasons, so if you could give me a **** load of stuff to translate.. I could probably have all of it done untill next monday.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned
You asked for it.