Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Gani Construction
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
New walk gani

So I've been working with Link to the Past sprites, and I noticed something... the animation is pretty damn smooth! Seeing as Graal was a clone of LttP, I was a little baffled. How did the animation go from this:
http://i.imgur.com/TEDRB.gif
to this:
http://i.imgur.com/XAULE.gif

I don't know! But I was curious, because I thought... if Stefan did use Zelda as a base, maybe the frames are there and he just... put them in the wrong order? Sadly, as I looked into body.png that is not true. Zelda uses 7 frames of animation, 8 on the side views, for walking. Graal only has 5 animation graphics for walking, and the walk cycle is 8 frames in walk.gani. So clearly, something happened. As I look back at Zelda Online files, even then the graphics Link was using was not copied over fully, and in fact uses the same format as body.png(aka Link only had 5 frames for walking). So I dunno what happen, maybe Stefan got tired of copying sprites from LttP, or maybe he wasn't aware.

Either way I thought I'd try to fix walk.gani to the best of my ability. Like I said, I only had 5 actual frames to work with, so I ended up using other sprites for buffers. I just post it here in case anyone wants to use it instead of default.

I may keep working with this, editing it for improvement. I dunno, I am pretty happy with it right now though.

edit: also, why the hell doesn't this forum section allow img tags??
Attached Files
File Type: gani dustywalk.gani (9.8 KB, 230 views)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
I actually really like these. :o

Its not a huge difference, but its slightly noticeable...I would totally use this if I still played Graal.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Good job! =)
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I like it, replaced the default one on Maloria with it.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:13 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
I like it, replaced the default one on Maloria with it.
As much as I like the gani, please do not do this unless you rename it. You are not allowed to replace default files unless you rename them to something else (like mal_walk.gani). For reference, please review classic/hosted playerworld rules in the Playerworlds forum.

Nice work dusty.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 04-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I did rename it,well left it as dustywalk. I still have messed up trees because a UC server named their trees tree.png.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Reminds me of some noob server replacing no-shield.png with a scythe -_-