Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Images on the GUI layers look strangely distorted when their x/y coordinate(s) has/have any decimals in them (like 200.5 or something). This is pretty annoying considering that such values come up quite frequently when using formulas like "GraalControl.width / 2" to get the center of the main window. Images on GUI layers should just stick to the "pixel grid", auto-convert to integer values; whatever you want to call it.
Bringing this up again. I'd like a statement from you, Stefan, on this issue.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarLord2004 View Post
Hmm well since i been using v6 first time i closed it in almost 3-4 days i have used v6 before but on a older pc.

Anyways i closed the client to turn my system off giving her a days rest so i decided to load it back up last night and started graal but notice nothing happened. So i quickly decided to Alt Tab to check my processes and saw nothing running related to graal.
However i rename the client.exe thinking it was trying to merge with my old graal client.
It worked
But then i closed it again to try it with the same rename name i used and it didn't load at all so i renamed it again and it works?
Tried it about 4-6 times always has to rename it?

Anyways not sure if this been reported before but just letting you'll know.
I've actually had this problem on several beta releases. After a while the executables just won't work. I save all of the beta's in the same directory and rename them according to version-number just to be able to compare. Now 1 out of 5 or 6 isn't starting properly. It is running as a task in the background but doesn't show up on the desktop.

I'm running Win 7 64bit home professional on this computer with Microsoft's own anti-virus checker.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
GUI controls have integer coordinates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
It is running as a task in the background but doesn't show up on the desktop.
Some older v6 released for Windows had the problem that they were not closing correctly, it should be fine now.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
GUI controls don't work in sub-pixels, therefore do not expect them to behave properly when you give them sub-pixel values. Use integers instead.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not even talking about GUI controls, I'm talking about GUI layers (4 and above). Obviously they end up having floating point coordinates when doing some math to place them (like I've explained above) and I'd really like to avoid going through my code and call int() on all that stuff. I'd just like the v5 behavior of this back, since it didn't happen with v5. Here's an example:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

with (findImg(200)) {

image "block.png";

32.5;

layer 4;
  }

Edit: On another note, I believe the displacement/distortion bug only happens when using DirectX. I'll test a bit later.

Last edited by Crow; 05-19-2011 at 07:57 PM..
Old 05-20-2011, 03:17 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
If your GUI involves a decimal from calculation and straight programming just put it in int();
Old 05-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
If your GUI involves a decimal from calculation and straight programming just put it in int();
That's silly, not to mention how many old scripts will be broken.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:29 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
That's silly, not to mention how many old scripts will be broken.
My point exactly.

Edit: There seems to be some bug with stretching/mirroring sprites in ganis. The gani in question is at_sword.gani on Atlantis, where I'm mirroring all the sprites for direction 3 (facing right) to flip the image so it's correct for stuff like axes (asymmetrical weapons). This basically works, but sometimes just stops working. I haven't figured out which causes it yet, but it seems to be completely random anyway, especially after a long time of being online. A client restart fixes this. Only affect the mirrored sprites, the others work.

Last edited by Crow; 05-20-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Old 05-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version 6.001 has been released, it will automatically install if you had the previous version, otherwise download it with Start -> Install packages -> Graal v6 -> Install on the login server.

Updates:
- the main window remembers the position now
- the GuiWindowCtrl.externalwindow receives events for onMove and onResize (use catchevent(externalwindow, "onMove", "myOnMove"))
- Font Tempus Sans ITC (tempsitc.ttf) is displayed with a bold effect to more match v5
- emitter.forceaboveterrain = true/false for enforcing that particles don't fall below the terrain

Note: a new Mac/Linux version will be delayed until the auto-update has been tested
Old 05-22-2011, 01:14 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
The new bolding looks blurry to me:

v5: Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1306019438.png
Views:	322
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	52917
v6: Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1306019296.png
Views:	333
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	52916

It seriously(really, seriously) looks like something that would give me a headache looking at, because it looks out of focus.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Graal Administration
Are you sure that you are using the same font size on both (defaultfontsize, 24) ?
Old 05-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Are you sure that you are using the same font size on both (defaultfontsize, 24) ?
If it's loading from preferences like it should be, yes. I logged off of v6 and right onto v5, and didn't change anything.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
24 seems a lot larger than it usually is, and it does seem to get blurry the lower/higher you set it. The bolding looks different, but I can live with that.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
If anything v5 looks more blurry to me o.o
Old 05-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
If anything v5 looks more blurry to me o.o
Not sure how you can end up seeing that, even if you zoom in on the v6 you can see most of the text isn't crisp compared to the v5 text.

Tags
graal v6, windows