Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Both are ugly, shut up guys
Old 05-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Yes, why is it ugly?

Is there something "wrong" with it?
Is rotation seen as generic?
Is it because it's not the same as the original?

It may not be up to a developers tastes where ofcourse things can be bettered but nevertheless it's something players have been impressed with and haven't critiqued.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
It just doesn't seem Graal/Classic-like to me at all. The original was way better but I understand you wanting a larger explosion to differ it from the Fireblast.

Maybe something like this would look better, no light effects just the same shapes taken from the original explosion sprites (more damage dealt, obviously):
Old 05-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
It just doesn't seem Graal/Classic-like to me at all. The original was way better but I understand you wanting a larger explosion to differ it from the Fireblast.

Maybe something like this would look better, no light effects just the same shapes taken from the original explosion sprites (more damage dealt, obviously):
I second this.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Strafing/charging speed pls.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Strafing/charging speed pls.
I was hoping to have more advanced versions of the Bow such as these as separate weapons or possibly as a toggle-able upgrade to the normal Bow.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I like Luda's concept.

I think the current version looks ugly because the light effect doesn't really fit (and makes the explosion look a bit pink to me). I like the original explosion better because it was sharp and defined, something about it being transparent bothers me.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I like Luda's concept.

I think the current version looks ugly because the light effect doesn't really fit (and makes the explosion look a bit pink to me). I like the original explosion better because it was sharp and defined, something about it being transparent bothers me.
What if the light effect was removed from the current explosion?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:19 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Can you post a version without transparency? I think it would look better but can't say 100%
Old 05-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Can you post a version without transparency? I think it would look better but can't say 100%
Old 05-17-2011, 05:42 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Yep, looks much better.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:48 AM
No that's still awful, It looks cropped, distorted and the rotation is lame. I say ditch it and go with my idea.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
What Luda suggested looks exactly like the Zalactic Bombs.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
No that's still awful, It looks cropped, distorted and the rotation is lame. I say ditch it and go with my idea.
I do agree with you but I think something called the nukeshot should be more than a simple projectile with generic explosion.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
So much *****ing.