Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Nitron (Atlantis Design)
Theodor will become famous soon enough
i'll edit the walk noises tomorrow, don't worry!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:51 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodor View Post
i'll edit the walk noises tomorrow, don't worry!
Yup, those have been changed. Now, guys, what do you say about the new sword ganis? Tell us!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Sword is much better You might want to look into adding a wave effect(kind of like in Crono's sig). Probably only need a single one on the middle frame for the right effect.

The sounds are still meh. They are REALLY invasive on the ears... like, really. It's a constant banging when I wear headphones and for footsteps this is very bad. Footsteps should sound so natural and soft that I can almost forget I'm hearing them.

For slashed bushes, it might be interesting to see the leaves fly up and then slowly fall(like a leaf falling from a tree). Right now they look like they're exploding.

You should apply for hosted. It's definitely worthy of it.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:59 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
You should apply for hosted. It's definitely worthy of it.
Planning to do that soon. I, personally, never even considered that somebody might be playing Graal with his headphones on. We'll look into the sounds again I guess.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:00 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Planning to do that soon. I, personally, never even considered that somebody might be playing Graal with his headphones on. We'll look into the sounds again I guess.
Well headphones really don't have much to do with it, I imagine the effect would still be the same with speakers. Try playing Ocarina of Time or some other Zelda game to see how footsteps compare.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Well headphones really don't have much to do with it, I imagine the effect would still be the same with speakers. Try playing Ocarina of Time or some other Zelda game to see how footsteps compare.
I don't see the sounds as a problem with my speakers, but I tried it with my headphones on and they really seem somewhat "heavy" on the ears using them.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Nitron (Atlantis Design)
to be honest, i cant make the soundeffects sound decent on BOTH headphones AND speakers. ive been doing them on headphones at first, then speakers. and the sounds are very silent compared to the graal standard walksound, and compared to all other sounds. but if you have a suggestion of a soundeffect, feel free to show us, because honestly, i dont think i can do better - i've been sitting on those damn sounds for like 1-2 days, its really hard. :S
Old 03-22-2011, 08:10 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
You might want to look into adding a wave effect(kind of like in Crono's sig).
By the way, those are added on some swords, but not on others. We did add some translucent "copies" of the sword sprites to the gani to create an effect similar to it.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
to be honest, i cant make the soundeffects sound decent on BOTH headphones AND speakers. ive been doing them on headphones at first, then speakers. and the sounds are very silent compared to the graal standard walksound, and compared to all other sounds. but if you have a suggestion of a soundeffect, feel free to show us, because honestly, i dont think i can do better - i've been sitting on those damn sounds for like 1-2 days, its really hard. :S
Like I said even with speakers they sound a little too forceful. Games like OoT and such can probably be a huge help when trying to figure out a nice balance. They're very, very low and soft in those games and eventually you just stop hearing them unless you listen to them. But at the same time they add to the overall detail of the games.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Nitron (Atlantis Design)
Quote:
Like I said even with speakers they sound a little too forceful. Games like OoT and such can probably be a huge help when trying to figure out a nice balance. They're very, very low and soft in those games and eventually you just stop hearing them unless you listen to them. But at the same time they add to the overall detail of the games.
notice one big difference between those games and atlantis? they have backgroundmusic thats what makes the "little" sounds almost unnoticable. but don't worry. i havent fully given up on correcting the stepsounds. and there will be backgroundmusic, later oh LTTP doesnt even have step sounds, for example
Old 03-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I think LTTP has sounds for footsteps in the water and dashing (that might be Link's Awakening)
Old 03-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Nitron (Atlantis Design)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I think LTTP has sounds for footsteps in the water and dashing (that might be Link's Awakening)
you're right. but not for regular walking
Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
the walking sounds don't feel natural. I was exploring the map and I came across this one area with several different types of tiles where it sounded more like a drum beat than walking (was a pretty cool beat, too!).
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 AM
Nitron (Atlantis Design)
small update: the lava in the forge is now animated. also, i'm almost done designing swords, and i have begun designing shields
Old 03-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
notice one big difference between those games and atlantis? they have backgroundmusic thats what makes the "little" sounds almost unnoticable. but don't worry. i havent fully given up on correcting the stepsounds. and there will be backgroundmusic, later oh LTTP doesnt even have step sounds, for example
Well hard to say until you have some bg music. Either way I'm still not a fan of the wood/normal steps.