Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Lag limit

can we change the lag limit in events like TTS and 16man spar and all the other pk events to like 250-270 cuz its rediculous..either that or can someone PLEASE fix this lag era has acquired over the past 2 weeks. hmm ever since alf left era has be laggin like hell
Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
More like.. ever since the servers changed...
Months ago?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Ye I had good lag, 60m/s until whomever moved it now i get 110m/s average with lag spikes range from 300-1500m/s. Terrible.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
thats ur problem, lag is EXTREMELY high since server change, i used to go down to 120 now if i go under 180 it's a miracle
for games like call of duty having the equivalent of 10-20ms would be considered an insane amount of lag
Old 07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
thats ur problem, lag is EXTREMELY high since server change, i used to go down to 120 now if i go under 180 it's a miracle
for games like call of duty having the equivalent of 10-20ms would be considered an insane amount of lag

Hey its doubled since then thats a lot. I still can't understand how the internet can't handle such little memory usage from graal i mean wtf.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
im not sure but i think its about buying "spaces" on the internet which makes ur programmes/webpages load faster
Old 07-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
can we change the lag limit in events like TTS and 16man spar and all the other pk events to like 250-270 cuz its rediculous..either that or can someone PLEASE fix this lag era has acquired over the past 2 weeks. hmm ever since alf left era has be laggin like hell
No, we can't.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
To be 25ms again...

80-110ms seems to be my new average on all graal servers...

Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Era since 2005
the funny thing is that when there were no lag detectors on era nobody would complain about latency (only warping would be an issue)
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
No, we can't.
why not
Old 07-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
the funny thing is that when there were no lag detectors on era nobody would complain about latency (only warping would be an issue)
so now instead of complaining about warping we complain about latency, if someone is complaining about warping, they are complaining about high latency.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, when TK use to play era in like 05 or something, he was never yelled at for lag. EVER. We either never noticed it, or just wanted another reason to complain.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
so now instead of complaining about warping we complain about latency, if someone is complaining about warping, they are complaining about high latency.
warping and latency r too completely different things..u can have 100ms and still warp a lot: look at 187, he lives in america, his lag isnt too high but he's always been warping
and yeah, since 2005 ive never changed internet in italy (my lag was terrible for some months in england but thats another issue) and on cod i always have 4 bars (which is maximum u can have) and i am elegible to host matches
Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
warping and latency r too completely different things..u can have 100ms and still warp a lot: look at 187, he lives in america, his lag isnt too high but he's always been warping
and yeah, since 2005 ive never changed internet in italy (my lag was terrible for some months in england but thats another issue) and on cod i always have 4 bars (which is maximum u can have) and i am elegible to host matches
They're not completely different things. It's just that now everybody can see down to 1ms exactly what value a players latency is currently at. Knowledge is power, but knowing everything plain sucks. It was always easy enough to be like 'OMG, lagger. Whatever noob, not fighting you!' and use judgement in events on if it's a problem. Now there's a benchmark. A solid figure. It doesn't matter if it LOOKS bad or if someone opposing the 'lagger' can handle it or not, it's instantly a matter of "OMG, 101ms! Limit is 100! KICK KICK KICK NOW!!!!". It's completely out of hand.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
I randomly shot up from 120 to 250 >_> but, I think you also need to look at your fps