Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Unification and Reseize of all Overworld GMAPS

Hey,

what are the profits of all these giant overworld gmaps when they are just giant and empty and even prevent RP or contact with other players as you are just running, and running and running and running....

All gmaps should be combined to one (except for event island maybe, it serves a purpose). The kingdom- themed towns on main could be enlarged to serve as kingdom (with a castle, a border, maybe smaller suburbs and so on).

Right now - it is just and easy too large.
Most people here are young and attend school - but it's just and easy frustrating if you are wasting rl lifetime with running around on a giant, dead map. And don't tell me its fun or a reasonable occupation....
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down

Terrible suggestion.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Eh... I find no matter how large or small the overworld is, players will end up clumping in one area anyways. So does it really have a negative effect on the population? I think the more important thing is what the players can do with the 'extra' overworld when they're not clumping.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Eh... I find no matter how large or small the overworld is, players will end up clumping in one area anyways. So does it really have a negative effect on the population? I think the more important thing is what the players can do with the 'extra' overworld when they're not clumping.
It's just and easy too big and the playerworld island have no use instead of housing and those generated quests, as there is no kingdom activity.

And then the connection with slow ships? It's nice, but why the hell has it take hours?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
It's just and easy too big and the playerworld island have no use instead of housing and those generated quests, as there is no kingdom activity.

And then the connection with slow ships? It's nice, but why the hell has it take hours?
Useful for quests, playerhouses, kingdom rp, events, potential expansion and wars... There's nothing wrong with their size, i actually love that about GK, i can see potential for growth. Also about the ships, that's just a realistic factor to GK, yea, it's slow, but for rp purposes, travel was never quick, or easy. The dungeons are there if you don't want to use ships, but i guess the whole unstickme in dungeons would have to be fixed one of these days.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Useful for quests, playerhouses, kingdom rp, events, potential expansion and wars... There's nothing wrong with their size, i actually love that about GK, i can see potential for growth. .
GK - potential for growth since '02.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
GK - potential for growth since '02.
I know but your suggestion is just wack.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon
Terrible suggestion.
I actually kind of like it. GK's maps are too big for its population anyway. Back when there was only the 'newbie island,' the world felt much more cozy than it is now.

All the kingdom islands are growing increasingly vacant, dude. And it's not like we couldn't re-open them in the future if the population spikes again anyway. After all, it would be stupid to delete all those finely-crafted maps. There just seems to be too many of them, and too few of us.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
I actually kind of like it. GK's maps are too big for its population anyway. Back when there was only the 'newbie island,' the world felt much more cozy than it is now.

All the kingdom islands are growing increasingly vacant, dude. And it's not like we couldn't re-open them in the future if the population spikes again anyway. After all, it would be stupid to delete all those finely-crafted maps. There just seems to be too many of them, and too few of us.
I don't think that is really the issue, but more of how there is a whole lot of nothing.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabal49
I don't think that is really the issue, but more of how there is a whole lot of nothing.
Yes, that's an issue too. Kingdoms could definitely use more 'world objects,' or permanent fixtures that vary up the land.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
I like the gmaps the way they are, though there is no real reason for the kingdom dungeons, could easily just skip them imo making travel to kingdom islands very fast.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigus View Post
I like the gmaps the way they are, though there is no real reason for the kingdom dungeons, could easily just skip them imo making travel to kingdom islands very fast.
Yeah, I agree.

The long waytime is just extremely overdone and boring. The Ship take very long, I think a 2nd ship per line should be added, so that atleast the waiting time is a bit shorter.
This boring situations shouldn't take eternities in a game, same holds true for grinding jobs like mining.
To get a house you have to mine 5 or 6 boring hours as newbie, if you don't have the cash for a housekit.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:39 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
same holds true for grinding jobs like mining.
To get a house you have to mine 5 or 6 boring hours as newbie, if you don't have the cash for a housekit.
Grinding 5 hours at the mine to build a house i fun or atleast I remebered it to be fun.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:52 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
well with my awesome suggestion you could actually do something with that boring giant and empty places xD
like maybe a forest with light beams, funky fairys with cliffs caves adventure fun stuffs ect I donno any kind of level design.

But the almost funny thing about GK is that its not made for success, coz if it was really successful and had a lot of players the game would break as there aren't enough monsters (as people don't get like their own copy of the dungeon they enter) or items at shops for everyone (as common stuffs aren't sold by a npc with unlimited stuff... but rare stuffs should of course still be rare xD) and stuffs like that...

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.