Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I'll take A3 if still possible. This might look a bit messy on the borders unless someone wants to start it off then we can continue from there.
Lets just work by order, otherwise ask dusty for a trade
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
r we doing land or islands?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
land water would be boring and probaply with an odd looking result.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Deas
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
okey ._.
i like islands more >D
but ill do land.
since 2003~
I Support~

Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I asked for C1, how did I get stuck with A3?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Because we have to order it, as the levels will to be build up on each other, it is not good when everyone just simultaneously works on their levels.

you can still exchange the level by trading it, but please organize that by yourself

Dont get me wrong, iam just trying to get this realized, and I fear it wont work without some order
Old 06-05-2008, 07:26 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
It's completely fine the way you had it before. People just have to pace themselves and find out who around them is doing what and adjust accordingly. It's done on pixelation all the time with graphical collaborations.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Final Workorder:

A1: Chrono
A2: neo
B1: crow
A3: dusty
B2: chris
C1: Fox
B3: Mystic
C2: Imperalistic
C3: Niklas (me)

Lets get started!
The reason I suggested the branching off was to have the levels in a seamless consistency. Just because they said they were going to join up first doesn't mean they should be first in the map, hence people picking places. With my method, a1 and whoever picked it would go first, followed by a2 and b1, etc.

Last edited by Sam; 06-05-2008 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: deleted insulting
Old 06-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's completely fine the way you had it before. People just have to pace themselves and find out who around them is doing what and adjust accordingly. It's done on pixelation all the time with graphical collaborations.
Well I don't care how you do it, then just and easy take one, its just about assuring that two people dont work on the same site at the same time, so that both dont have to redo the level because of a wrong changeover.

Last edited by Sam; 06-05-2008 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: reply to a deleted passage
Old 06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Alright, obviously Nik doesn't want to manage this anymore. I would say we all take the spot we actually claimed in our posts, me having A2 again, Neo E5 and so on. Any complaints?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Deas
._.
how meny times do i have to redo / move my tiles?!?!?

GET A DAM ORDER
i moved 2 times now, i made an cute little island at e5 then i had to move it to a2 and then make it to land..
and now im gona move back to e5 as land!?
meh..
since 2003~
I Support~

Old 06-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't have any, and that seems to be the best way to do it.
People just do what you want and post when you're done, or a WIP(would be even better), and we'll adjust accordingly.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Alright, obviously Nik doesn't want to manage this anymore. I would say we all take the spot we actually claimed in our posts, me having A2 again, Neo E5 and so on. Any complaints?
Go ahead, my original idea was the the objects should not just stop by level boarders, because a collab is likely something else then "everyone just fills his square", because that would just look odd for levels and this obviously created some missunderstandings.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Deas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I don't have any, and that seems to be the best way to do it.
People just do what you want and post when you're done, or a WIP(would be even better), and we'll adjust accordingly.
u dont have any, then wtf
this collab ened up with a BIG MESS.
since 2003~
I Support~

Old 06-05-2008, 08:08 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Go ahead, my original idea was the the objects should not just stop by level boarders, because a collab is likely something else then "everyone just fills his square", because that would just look odd for levels and this obviously created some missunderstandings.
It doesn't have to look odd. You don't have to stop at your borders clean, you can leave cliffs or something else unfinished and let the person who's filling the level next to that add to it however he wants. Thats how the collabs I've been participating in worked.