Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
SVN is alot more powerfull than ftp will ever be.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
We can't have everything we want, I'm sure FTP would be an easier step to implementing SVN.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
If they kept a copy of every file uploaded/downloaded, ever, I can't help but feel that they would use a lot of disk space.

They're talking about how we need to switch to in-game tools (client-rc), etc. However, client-rc has no drag 'n drop. It works ... sorta. It's slower, etc. If FTP was added -- I mean, there's an FTP client for virtually every modern platform -- it just makes it easier to maintain cross-platform compatibility.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
We already had the idea of using some versioning control built-into the npcserver, it should probably do automatic check out/check in. We already do daily/weekls/monthly backups of all servers.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Stefan, no offence or anything, and maybe its just me, but uhm... I cant help to wonder if you missed the entire point of this thread.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Stefan, no offence or anything, and maybe its just me, but uhm... I cant help to wonder if you missed the entire point of this thread.
Well I usually read threads from the beginning
Old 02-24-2008, 06:06 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
There should be FTP, period.
Still have an RC for staff discussions, Scripting quickly, etc, but FTP is the way to go for everything else.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:36 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
There should be FTP, period.
Still have an RC for staff discussions, Scripting quickly, etc, but FTP is the way to go for everything else.
I disagree. I think that the File Browser in RC should just be turned into a basic FTP client, or even just package an open-source one with RC. I like the idea of File Browser, because it makes it easy to upload little things. The only time I would really use the FTP would be to download large amounts, or upload large amounts.

Even would help if they added a "BACKUP" button to File Browser. Possibly they could also have FTP just available for the owner, if nothing else, or even add a new right for it.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Even would help if they added a "BACKUP" button to File Browser. Possibly they could also have FTP just available for the owner, if nothing else, or even add a new right for it.
Actually, that'd be the best possible. The "BACKUP" button would be a downloader of all files. All the folders. Gets put into a Main folder of your choice name on your desktop
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'd like to see some sort of way to back up the whole server to a destination folder of your choice... but to also allow you to upload an entire server as well(maybe have some sort of document saved with it that has all the necessary subfolder data and stuff?).
Old 02-25-2008, 05:33 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I'd like to see some sort of way to back up the whole server to a destination folder of your choice... but to also allow you to upload an entire server as well(maybe have some sort of document saved with it that has all the necessary subfolder data and stuff?).
Yah, but still, a backup button is definitely a step in the right direction.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:30 AM
Bloo
bscharff has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to bscharff Send a message via MSN to bscharff Send a message via Yahoo to bscharff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
There is no way anyone with half a brain would ever host any playerworld files where you could access them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharff
...where they control it, not me....
lol
Old 02-26-2008, 04:32 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharff View Post
lol
I think he may be referring to your incredible history of stealing scripts etc.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:44 AM
Bloo
bscharff has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to bscharff Send a message via MSN to bscharff Send a message via Yahoo to bscharff
Yeah, I'll admit that I used to steal scripts (which is why everyone hates me).
Once I got around to thinking that it was wrong (I was 12, give me a break!) I stopped stealing scripts and learned to script from the ones that I had left on my computer.
Just a note: I no longer hold backups on my computer (except the ones I work on).

Nice signature :P
Did I really put "(Unless approved by Bloo)"?
rofl.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:40 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Yeah, I'll admit that I used to steal scripts (which is why everyone hates me).
Once I got around to thinking that it was wrong (I was 12, give me a break!) I stopped stealing scripts and learned to script from the ones that I had left on my computer.
Just a note: I no longer hold backups on my computer (except the ones I work on).
Whatever. I'll stop taking time out to annoy you. I'll just let it happen naturally
Quote:
Nice signature :P
Did I really put "(Unless approved by Bloo)"?
rofl.
Yes, you did.