Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Lowering your standards and making a server half the size of the servers on the classic tab isn't a sure-fire way for success. It's just not that simple... it will probably lessen the workload, but not but as much as you imagine... people usually give up before they even have 50 levels of the overworld done, and half of the systems... so ya, I don't think LESS=SUCCESS as simply as you imagine it, Horrified.
I agree, you somewhat have to match a quality standard.
In other words:
Why should players of other playerworlds switch over to yours? You have to give a reason
Old 11-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
I think less is more attractive. People don't want to make 300 levels in the long run, so they stop...if they know that they only need 50, they'll push themselves because they think it's more of a reasonable amount.

edit: I don't think you should lower standards at all, just 50 levels should insure quality really.
I think quality is attractive... whether that comes in 50 levels or 300 depends solely on the development team and their plans. I don't think people give up because they make unreasonable requests of themselves, but just because they burn out their initial excitement. Like I said, most give up before they even hit the 50 mark. So are you going to say people should make 25 level overworlds to compensate?

There are a lot of things that contribute to the fall of playerworlds, it's not as clear-cut as you imagine.