Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
I could host one if its okey for Stefan.
you'd be better of to donating to Aeko, since everything is setup there already
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 08-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
A Backup shouldnt be hard for Stefan.

If Aeko doesnt wants to pay the Server then he should host it.
Or why its down? Didnt get it at all.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-21-2011, 05:41 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
A Backup shouldnt be hard for Stefan.

If Aeko doesnt wants to pay the Server then he should host it.
Or why its down? Didnt get it at all.
My server was classic enabled and supported by the head pwa, Tig. It also had all the rules in place and documentation, as well as many sample scripts for others to use and learn from.

It's down atm because I can no longer afford its upkeep. Awhile ago, I asked for donations and bumped the thread for some time. I received only 20$ from one donor. When the time came to pay, I simply didn't have enough from donations, and refunded the one donation back.

I hear all the time that people want testbed back and such but I really can't afford it If people in this thread wanted to promise a donation or two towards it, I can set it up again, but I'd have to receive the full amount.

Just as well though, it only had 1-2 people on at any given time.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:42 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It's ridiculous that Stefan is making players pay for Testbed. He should be embracing and promoting it. Graal needs more scripters.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It's ridiculous that Stefan is making players pay for Testbed. He should be embracing and promoting it. Graal needs more scripters.
this.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I feel that Stefan should just reenable it but keep it where it was since it was set up so completely. Moving it elsewhere would not only be a lot of extra needless work but I think there is a trust issue involved here.

I like it where it was, would like to see it back and if we can get it back I would recommend it being placed on the Classic list so that the up and coming developers could find it easily. Before anyone says that people would think its a playable server, a description fitting its purpose could always be added at login.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:49 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i dont think classic list should be the spot for it maybe hosted tab but that would be a major joke for classic tab honestly. But you have to look at unximad since its his call not stefan
as a business he wants to make money and give a free server thats a lost profit in his eyes
stefan just work for eurocenter hes not owner of graal unximad can simply get rid of him and bring some one else in

but i would help if i can but im all tie up on supporting a family and doing the best that i can be for my family
Old 08-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
i dont think classic list should be the spot for it maybe hosted tab but that would be a major joke for classic tab honestly. But you have to look at unximad since its his call not stefan
as a business he wants to make money and give a free server thats a lost profit in his eyes
stefan just work for eurocenter hes not owner of graal unximad can simply get rid of him and bring some one else in

but i would help if i can but im all tie up on supporting a family and doing the best that i can be for my family
Thats true but I dont think that ONE Playerworld would make them lost so much profit. Other thing: They would support ppl to buy an own Server to test their stuff by there own, cause on Testbed you are limited, on ur own Server you are not
Thats just an idea.

They should really support newcomer Developers, cause like you can see urself the Playercount of Graal PC is going back and back. Maybe they dont care about it anymore and just focus on Iphone. Dont know really.
Maybe some fresh Servers made by the GLOBAL DEVELOPERS on Graal could get a come back for the Client. Like Gold Servers in the past.
Stefan and his team should think about it.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Kingdoms Management
Btw I am paying for 3 more Accounts so I have 4 Accounts and 1 GServer.
Thats like 250 EUR (359,81576USD) / Year
Isnt that enough for making one little GServer for Free to support developers, so you can get MORE people to buy an own GServer or MORE people to help Servers like N-Pulse / Delteria / Atlantis and whatever to get back to Classic Tab ????

Think about it.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
I dont see this as a loss of profit. If anything its a development tool...its essentially a place to work on GS2 scripts, which cannot be done anywhere else, unless you buy a server.

Its a very useful, and imo, necessary tool. It helps everyone, and literally hurts no one.
It is clearly against the rules to develop a full server on testbed (if I remember clearly), so its not like a free ride for anyone.

I just hope Stefan/Unixmad/Whoever sees what a great thing this was, and just puts it back up. Wouldn't take any effort to put it back up...

Old 08-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
This is why I refused to donate money to reviving the server last year when Aeko's subscription ran out. Not out of disrespect to Aeko(the guy is a saint and has helped developers more than anyone else has), but because no one, especially not Aeko, should have to pay for this ****. Not only are we not provided with developer tools, but we can't even have a server to practice GS2 on, which is online only?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
simply unximad is going to look at it and say 100 bucks thrown away plus takes up server space for trafficing idk how much space they can afford to lose but
instead of giving a server out
players will pay for one like they did in the past
so thats a profit of 100 bucks
Old 08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
simply unximad is going to look at it and say 100 bucks thrown away plus takes up server space for trafficing idk how much space they can afford to lose but
Why would Unixmad say that?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:24 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i dont think classic list should be the spot for it maybe hosted tab but that would be a major joke for classic tab honestly.
wtf are you talking about? A server being "classic" and a server being on the "classic list" are completely different things.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
They would make more profit when they just support the ppl here....More Developers means more Playerworlds and more Playerworlds means more Gold Accounts for upgrading and more Accounts and Playerworlds means more Money. Simple ?!

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.