Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Graal 4 Linux bugs

Graal 4 for Linux

You can download Graal 4 for Linux here. The download is approximately 4mb and requires root access (or at least the root password) to install correctly.

This thread was last updated on the 27th January 2006.

Unresolved

Playerlist (F7)
  • When opening a server in the Servers tab, all of the players appear in the Guilds tab
  • When receiving a PM from a player that is not listed on the playerlist (guild, server, buddy), they do not appear on the playerlist and PM can only be opened by the minimap
  • When PMs are received, the currently selected tab flashes with the PM icon, not the relevant tab to the PM
  • As a result of the previous point, when opening the PM with another tab open, the other tab's icon is not removed

Settings Window (F3)
  • The drop-down menu in Language Selection, Sound Codec and Graphics settings are still using the red GUI profile

Feature Requests

Graal 4
  • The ability to select fonts

Resolved

Graal Setup
  • Setup does not install KDE/Gnome menu icons correctly

Update packages
  • Seems to happen a lot when trying to download the setup update package.
    Quote:
    File download: graal4setup (size: 4096335) done
    % Segmentation fault
    [neil@frozenriver ~] $ tail: write error: Broken pipe
  • When starting Graal from the KDE menu, the setup does not start itself when reinstalling/updating the Graal executable using the Login update packages

Playerlist (F7)
  • When switching between servers, the playerlist doesn't clear properly. People appear on the playerlist from the previous server, but seem to be overwritten when other people log onto the server (perhaps using their id?)
  • Also when receiving PMs from people (and NPC-Servers), and leaving them unopened when switching servers, the player still appears flashing, but double-clicking the the player does not respond
  • Seems that people also appear in the Admins section for no reason when changing servers, and even seen duplicate entries for the NPC-Server
  • Players on private servers are listed under the global playerlist's server selection instead of not being displayed
  • Tab icons do not flash when PMs are received
  • Context menu can be opened when right-clicking group headings

3D Mode
  • When swimming on Graal3D, if you swim out of the area that is showed by the map (away from the terrain, where you would normally be warped back to the town), then once you jump out of the water, it becomes solid and can be walked on and jumping in some areas of this zone just makes you hover in the air (see graal4_3dmode_1.png in the test folder on debug)

Serverlist (F8)
  • The box saying about upgrading your account: "... please upgrade the account" is partially covered by the Upgrade button
  • IRC Bots randomly disappear and appear in the channel user lists

Help Window (F1)
  • Three help topics listed ("0._About", "1._Links", "2._Key shortcuts") but no help actually available

Last edited by Skyld; 01-27-2006 at 09:25 PM..
Old 10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
I'm getting the same swimming bug in the windows version.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
The IRC Bots are showing up on my playerlist.

The game lags tremendously. ( I just installed Gentoo, and I haven't configured the Graphics card fully yet, so I bypassed it. Does it need Direct Rendering? 3D Acceleration? )
Old 10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
The game lags tremendously. ( I just installed Gentoo, and I haven't configured the Graphics card fully yet, so I bypassed it. Does it need Direct Rendering? 3D Acceleration? )
Yes.

Run glxinfo, you should get something like "Direct rendering: yes".
If not, install some good drivers.

Last edited by Skyld; 10-14-2005 at 09:03 PM..
Old 10-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Runs pretty fast here, even faster than on Windows, but that's probably because my Linux doesn't have as much stuff running as Windows
Beside that, I mostly get the same errors, Graal3D segfaulted first, but I guess that's fixed now.
The players from old server seem to either disappear after some time or after the playerlist has been reopened, not sure.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 10-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Fox1545 is on a distinguished road
Graal4 requires a third party package that is broken and fails, after rudely installing itself in a hidden place on my system, claiming that my libc is not up to date. I know it is up to date, so I assume the installer is broken.

NPC Code:
# Your copy of glibc, a core system library, is too old for this package.
# You need at least the following symbols in glibc: GLIBC_2.0.
#
# This error normally means that whoever built the package did not build it correctly.
# Please report the contents of this message to the provider of this package, and
# ask them to rebuild it using apbuild.
#
# Upgrading glibc is highly dangerous, so we recommend in this situation that you
# compile the app you want to install from the sources if possible. Sorry

The installer also needs to stop treating me like a newbie.
What happened to providing tarballs for packages?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A few hours ago I have updated the linux version, not increased the version number though since it is not announced yet anyway.
When upgrading/reinstalling it doesn't fail anymore if you have a graal4setup in the current folder, it also doesn't show a segmention fault then.
It correctly installs an icon into the gnome/kde menus now, under Games. It also opens a terminal in the background now so that you see the F2 output there. A F2 in-game-window will be added later.

About libc: normally distributions come with compatibility libraries, that means libc versions 2.0, 2.2, 2.3 etc. You eventually have a minimum distribution that only installs the necessary stuff to run the programs of the distribution, or you have compiled everything yourself. Normally you can install compatibility libraries easily with the Install-CD or the packager system. Graal is linked agaisnt an older libc so that it's also working on older Linux versions, >=2002.

The playerlist is scripted and contains all the features of the external Windows version, but it seems there are some problems when switching servers, will fix that soon.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
All I had to do was opengl-update xorg-x11 ^_^ Now Direct rendering works, and it shows a LOT! In fact, Linux G4 is faster then Windows G4!

PHP Code:
wayne@sputnik ~ $ glxinfo |grep "direct rendering"
direct renderingNo
wayne
@sputnik ~ $ opengl-update xorg-x11
wayne
@sputnik ~ $ glxinfo |grep "direct rendering"
direct renderingYes 
Old 10-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Script-fu
I have made some changes to the playerlist script, including clearing the playerlist when switching servers, and adding an icon to the window to show when you have PMs.

If you have any problems or find any bugs with the playerlist while using v4-linux, please post them here.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Multiple Graal Clients running in the same time
->
Lags the computer enormously.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:03 AM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
Quote:
->
How about if you have an Apache2 + Tomcat server runing the background?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacMASTA
How about if you have an Apache2 + Tomcat server runing the background?
My apache2 works flawlessly with it. I don't even notice it's on.

I don't have a Tomcat server, so bleh to that.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
->
Driver problem, can't really be fixed :/ Eventually it helps to turn off the sound, but it's probably a problem with the gfx driver (ATI?).
Old 10-19-2005, 04:31 AM
ATI drivers, yes. I think the problem is with OpenGL then with my gaphics card. Anyways, I won't be using two Graals at once; I just found that out because I wanted to check the terminal for a second, and shut it back down.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Graal Administration
The help display is fixed now. Need to check the problem of starting the setup when the game is started via the programs menu, also it needs to try to start the setup no matter if its already downloaded or not.

The linux version says is checking now if direct rendering is enabled and displays it on the terminal, may be it should also display a message box if its not enabled.